Tired of helping others at end of day

MynameisNeigan

Dfinitely not running during the day and am taking my breaks, yet still finishing in time for pickups...so halfway through them I get a message saying others need help and to call when I'm finished. Can I tell the center no when they ask me to go help others out at the end of the day? Otherwise I'm just going to start going slow so I'm never done in time. I'm sick of it.
Ask them to give u a cell phone to call. Your cellphone is for personal use. Not UPS use. But they will always text the diad which can malfunction

AlliSeeisBrown

Honestly tired of it too. Been getting sent out everyday for 2 weeks and haven't seen home before 10:45p. I went in and told them to cool it because it's causing me to get tired during the day. "If you can't handle this, you can't handle peak." Not my problem that they can't handle their disorganized center.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Honestly tired of it too. Been getting sent out everyday for 2 weeks and haven't seen home before 10:45p. I went in and told them to cool it because it's causing me to get tired during the day. "If you can't handle this, you can't handle peak." Not my problem that they can't handle their disorganized center.
Peak once meant a week of 12 hour days. That I can handle. Now it means 4-5 weeks of 12-14 hour days. That's a different story.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I actually volunteered to stay out and help other drivers a few times during peak. Didn't get back in until 9:30 sometimes.

I also had my sister in law with 3 boys all under 4 years old visiting for the Holidays and staying in our house for a week.

Sitting out in a dirt road among the cows at sunset was therapeutic. I can still hear them.

moooooo mooooooo

ManInBrown

Any driver still in progression, that isn't on the 9.5 should expect to work very late, every single night. You're cheap labor. They're going to send you, before they send a full rate driver. We've all been there. Man up and deal with it, or get on the 9.5 or refuse to help. They'll get the message,or you'll be walked off. One of the two.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
drop_your_anchor.png

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Dfinitely not running during the day and am taking my breaks, yet still finishing in time for pickups...so halfway through them I get a message saying others need help and to call when I'm finished. Can I tell the center no when they ask me to go help others out at the end of the day? Otherwise I'm just going to start going slow so I'm never done in time. I'm sick of it.
Newer drivers, specfically cover guys always get sent all over to help people in our building. Once you're not new if you're getting sent to help people you have two options...sllllloooowww down so you don't get asked to go anywhere or get on the 9.5 list.

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
Yup. New drivers don't understand this very thing. They watch you every day for a variety of things. One of those things is seeing how many stops you can do. Guess what. You need to get home early one night because little jimmy has a big baseball game. So you run around that day. Expect to have an extra 30 stops the next day. And they'll expect that same production. Never ever set a precedent. Just realize you will be out there till 8pm every night. It's the only way to do this job. You run, it's going to end bad for you.

The only thing heroes get at UPS, is more work.
Yes and you are are correct 100 percent

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Newer drivers, specfically cover guys always get sent all over to help people in our building. Once you're not new if you're getting sent to help people you have two options...sllllloooowww down so you don't get asked to go anywhere or get on the 9.5 list.
I would suggest both