Tired of helping others at end of day

I'll help out but not when I'm on a hard route. Been on one of the worst routes in west Phoenix for 2 months. Haven't been asked to help since they know it's a hard route. Shaggers usually help out though.

KoennenTiger

We got plenty of cover guys here who get sent out to help other cover guys. And then they complain about it. Waaaaaah I have to go help! All these other guys are finishing their routes and home, slept with their wife, and had three beers before I even got back to the building waaaah.

Guess what cover guys every single one of us used to be you. We all did that. And guess what I still go help all the time. Because money and because I know my mngmt team isn't sending me to help for no reason. If they are asking me to help I just ask help on what route and I know why I'm helping. Just because I do MY route every day doesn't mean I don't know all these other routes from years being a cover guy.

But I almost never get asked to help they always go to the cover guys first. If they ask me they'll tell me why they need help. If I can help I do help but they usually ask me to help during pickups or before running some businesses. My FTer knows I'll help him out and he knows that on days when SHTF I'll go from my normal scratch self to running and busting my butt so he doesn't end up with misses. Hence on days when I'm going to see my kids from my first marriage and don't feel like working till 1800 I'll just let him know. He is not unreasonable and if he calls me back and says I'm the only guy then I'm the only guy so I'm off to help.

The route next to mine is a training route and I got used to helping the newbies out in their packets. Sorta giving them some on car training about what to actually do so you don't friend it up. There have been a few times I've been called out to help some guy who really just needed to quit. I've been known to lose my temper every now and then.

If I've already not only told you to, but sat in your car and showed you how it only takes five minutes to arrange all four of your back shelves in perfect order and push them to the front. And then I have to go help you again and your car looks like you've been taking turns with curbs at 15mph and dumping all your shelves again then yeah I'm gonna tell you about it. I got kids to get home to ffs. Maybe this isn't the job for you.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
We got plenty of cover guys here who get sent out to help other cover guys. And then they complain about it. Waaaaaah I have to go help! All these other guys are finishing their routes and home, slept with their wife, and had three beers before I even got back to the building waaaah.

Guess what cover guys every single one of us used to be you. We all did that. And guess what I still go help all the time. Because money and because I know my mngmt team isn't sending me to help for no reason. If they are asking me to help I just ask help on what route and I know why I'm helping. Just because I do MY route every day doesn't mean I don't know all these other routes from years being a cover guy.

But I almost never get asked to help they always go to the cover guys first. If they ask me they'll tell me why they need help. If I can help I do help but they usually ask me to help during pickups or before running some businesses. My FTer knows I'll help him out and he knows that on days when SHTF I'll go from my normal scratch self to running and busting my butt so he doesn't end up with misses. Hence on days when I'm going to see my kids from my first marriage and don't feel like working till 1800 I'll just let him know. He is not unreasonable and if he calls me back and says I'm the only guy then I'm the only guy so I'm off to help.

The route next to mine is a training route and I got used to helping the newbies out in their packets. Sorta giving them some on car training about what to actually do so you don't friend it up. There have been a few times I've been called out to help some guy who really just needed to quit. I've been known to lose my temper every now and then.

If I've already not only told you to, but sat in your car and showed you how it only takes five minutes to arrange all four of your back shelves in perfect order and push them to the front. And then I have to go help you again and your car looks like you've been taking turns with curbs at 15mph and dumping all your shelves again then yeah I'm gonna tell you about it. I got kids to get home to ffs. Maybe this isn't the job for you.
Do you get paid extra for doing any of this?
Do you get a special raise every year for being so good?

vvv

Thanks coach!! :)

UPSER1987

Remember the days delivering on paper before the diad? You never had to help anyone! Everyone did their own work because there was no diad to whine on! Those were the days men were men! We had too much pride to ask for help. Now even the new guys want help. friend them guys

Re-Raise

k

PTPCS/OMS

Dfinitely not running during the day and am taking my breaks, yet still finishing in time for pickups...so halfway through them I get a message saying others need help and to call when I'm finished. Can I tell the center no when they ask me to go help others out at the end of the day? Otherwise I'm just going to start going slow so I'm never done in time. I'm sick of it.
If you want to be in the circle you will bend over and take it! If not play the game ame ame and run the plan day to a tee

pierregarcon

Are shaggers an Austin powers reference?

Not so much. Rounding up stragglers basically. Like in baseball during batting practice, you got guys out their "shagging balls". Catching them, rounding them up, and getting them back to the BP pitcher. So if I get sent out "shagging misloads" I'm meeting drivers, getting their misloads, and shuttling them to the driver that needs them.