TOO GALS, ONE NAMED AALIYAH, GET INTO A FIGHT INSIDE JET BRIDGE!..VIDEO!

rickyb

Wages have risen, and at a rate faster than inflation. I've shown you the data before.

Our infrastructure is fine. When's the last time you heard of buildings or bridges just up and collapsing?

Median wage is not $15/hr. Median INCOME is $56,000, which would require a full time job @ 28 bucks an hour. Median.

Housing bubble I'll give you.

Student debt isn't a bubble. Just a bunch of morons making bad choices. They deserve to have to live with them.

Stock market bubble I'll give you.

Debt is a problem.

So I'll give you 3/7. Not a passing grade. Lose the propaganda.
these are the words that generate on google images when you search us infrastructure:
1599086457852.png

vantexan

no thats what it measures wages adjusted for inflation. you know wages rose even during hte great depression because cost of goods fell.
Cost of goods fell during the Depression because most people had little money. The real time it takes a worker to buy things like tv's and washing machines is much less today than in the 70's. It's why America's "poor" still live better on average than much of the world. As a courier I've worked in poor working class neighborhoods, minority neighborhoods. You still see nice cars, big tv's, nice clothes and they don't look like they're missing any meals. You want to rag on a country go to Africa or Latin America where strongmen hog their country's wealth for themselves.

rickyb

Cost of goods fell during the Depression because most people had little money. The real time it takes a worker to buy things like tv's and washing machines is much less today than in the 70's. It's why America's "poor" still live better on average than much of the world. As a courier I've worked in poor working class neighborhoods, minority neighborhoods. You still see nice cars, big tv's, nice clothes and they don't look like they're missing any meals. You want to eat on a country go to Africa or Latin America where strongmen hot their country's wealth for themselves.
america is an oligarchy. your wages arent higher than 1973 peak regardless. globalization was not to pass on savings to consumers, it was so corporations could make more, and they did.

vantexan

theres a difference between taking a wage for 1 person, and taking it for a household LOL
Man you are uninformed. When the median household income is stated it means half of all household incomes are above that number and half are below. $56k for a family of four, and that's gross, not net, is still pretty tight to live on but doable. A one person household would be pretty comfortable living within their means.

vantexan

america is an oligarchy. your wages arent higher than 1973 peak regardless. globalization was not to pass on savings to consumers, it was so corporations could make more, and they did.
In terms of inflation no, but real goods are cheaper to buy also.

vantexan

You rag on the U.S. but name the successful communist countries during that time span? China is doing much better because it allowed capitalism to flourish. Yet they have huge problems with human rights and pollution. China doesn't incarcerate as many as we do but they execute a hell of a lot more. Which keeps their crime rate down.

rickyb

You rag on the U.S. but name the successful communist countries during that time span? China is doing much better because it allowed capitalism to flourish. Yet they have huge problems with human rights and pollution. China doesn't incarcerate as many as we do but they execute a hell of a lot more. Which keeps their crime rate down.
did you know the china banking sector is still state owned?

rickyb

Man you are uninformed. When the median household income is stated it means half of all household incomes are above that number and half are below. $56k for a family of four, and that's gross, not net, is still pretty tight to live on but doable. A one person household would be pretty comfortable living within their means.
im not talking about house hold income. im talking about wage per person per hour.

vantexan

im not talking about house hold income. im talking about wage per person per hour.
We were talking about median income which was stated at about $56k. I pointed out that's median household income. That's all incomes in a home that contribute to total income. Of course median individual income would be less.

rickyb

We were talking about median income which was stated at about $56k. I pointed out that's median household income. That's all incomes in a home that contribute to total income. Of course median individual income would be less.
so what is median individual income? i say roughly $15/hr