Triples accident Winnemucca NV one dead and one critical injury.

bbsam

Staff member
I do know. Ground's accident rate is abysmal. I'm not going to do your work for you again. Refer to my past posts that directly quote the FMCSA site. Ground needs to be investigated and sanctioned for killing so many drivers. Maybe they should just pull their operating authority. Our roads would be a lot safer.
You can't post a link to back up your claims? Hmmmm.

White Line

Sad. If this had been a FedEx aircraft, there would be a massive response by management and an outpouring of support and emotion. But it's just a couple of truck drivers, right? The same thing happens whenever one of us get killed on-the-job....nothing but the standard card, with the name probably mis-spelled, and some cheap flowers. Since it's Ground, they won't even get that.

For all of those who go out there and bust your ass thinking there is some reward in it, here's an example of the worst kind of "reward" you can ever get...and it isn't worth it. Always be safe, don't take any extra stops, and pull over and nap if you're a line driver when you are tired. FedEx doesn't care about you.
Well I don't really know what they were to FedEx, but to me and others in our little linehaul clan they were Donald and Stewart.

DontThrowPackages

I do know. Ground's accident rate is abysmal. I'm not going to do your work for you again. Refer to my past posts that directly quote the FMCSA site. Ground needs to be investigated and sanctioned for killing so many drivers. Maybe they should just pull their operating authority. Our roads would be a lot safer.
Because 59 Dans kept begging you for the accident numbers, it made me curious so I looked it up. Had it not been for Dano I wouldn't of had too much of an interest. But it looks like, in the past 24 months, Ground has had 367 injured drivers due to crashes and 30 fatalities. If those numbers are true, thats 15 of our peers dying every year. Thats just a fraction over one of our peers dying a month. Does anyone know what kind of policies would be implemented if 15 pilots where dying on the job every year? I always say, don't run over someones kid for a box. Be Safe.

HomeDelivery

Because 59 Dans kept begging you for the accident numbers, it made me curious so I looked it up. Had it not been for Dano I wouldn't of had too much of an interest. But it looks like, in the past 24 months, Ground has had 367 injured drivers due to crashes and 30 fatalities. If those numbers are true, thats 15 of our peers dying every year. ...

yea, i already linked Ground's & Express's FMCSA scores for them on post #23

basically 3:1 ratio of Ground:Express in both fatalaties & injuries

---------------------------------------
http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/query.as...iginal_query_string=UNITED PARCEL SERVICE INC

interesting that UPS's scores are almost par w/ FedEx's fatalities... except they got more combined injuries

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
yea, i already linked Ground's & Express's FMCSA scores for them on post #23

basically 3:1 ratio of Ground:Express in both fatalaties & injuries

---------------------------------------
http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/query.asp?searchtype=ANY&query_type=queryCarrierSnapshot&query_param=USDOT&original_query_param=NAME&query_string=21800&original_query_string=UNITED PARCEL SERVICE INC

interesting that UPS's scores are almost par w/ FedEx's fatalities... except they got more combined injuries

Basically what I said before. Dano's job is to do anything possible to make it look like FedEx isn't cutting corners on safety. It's all about reducing exposure and liability.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm wondering if the anyone here has read the latest from the GAO and ATA on the inaccuracies put forth by the FMCSA.

bbsam

Staff member
With respect to Ground, much of it is because management is limited in what they can do since we are independent entities.. I know you think the model is a fraud, but there's a real world quantifiable fact that sugggests you are wrong.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
With respect to Ground, much of it is because management is limited in what they can do since we are independent entities.. I know you think the model is a fraud, but there's a real world quantifiable fact that sugggests you are wrong.

If you're a professional driver, drive like one.

White Line

I'm sorry for your loss. Did the second guy end up dying also?
Thank you O n , and no Stewart is hanging in there, he is still in the hospital, but is looking and doing a lot better than a couple days ago, he his pretty banged up though and has a long way to go in his recovery, he is talking and responsive and knows what happened so no brain damage and he can move all his limbs, he just has a lot of healing to do.