Triples accident Winnemucca NV one dead and one critical injury.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As of right now it is required that a driver candidate has 1 year of tractor trailer experience to be considered for hire and to even get on the computer to do a CDAS for FEG and like barnyard pointed out the contractor can use his or her discretion when hiring and require more experience if they think it is necessary, the requirements for triples are a completely different story however, it is required that the driver attains 5 years of doubles experience in all four seasons of each year before he or she is even considered for a FEG triples course, I would also like to point out that the two individuals involved in this crash had a combined 80 years of overall driving experience between the two of them and both had fulfilled the required doubles experience set by FEG to transition to triples, driving experience was not the issue in this case.

If what you are saying is accurate, then it's a case of an exception to the rule. I see very few Ground drivers with high experience levels, and the accident rate supports that observation. I've seen Ground semi drivers who can barely back-up,which is what you expect to see from a JB Hunt or Swift driver, which are training jobs for straight out of driving school candidates.

Maybe the two NV drivers were seasoned professionals, but Ground overall? Like I said, the Ground safety record is self-evident, and even the resident Ground apologist admits there is a big problem.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do you think the safety record of ground is affected by the new generation of drivers?

I'm also going on record to say that the safety record of Express will be just as poor as Ground's within the next 3 years. Turnover is incredibly high, even with FedEx RTDs, because people aren't willing to put up with the low pay and working conditions. That means lots of inexperienced, accident-prone drivers at Express. There has already bee a huge spike in accidents with DRA and the push for higher productivity.

"Safety" is a complete joke at FedEx, and the blame goes to upper management.

Pulltops

You know, people get on here all the time and spout RIPs and condolences to family members who don't even know this site exists. In other words, they are meaningless. What would be meaningful would be increased activity aimed at preventing it from happening again. Ground has a horrible safety record, and they need to be called on the carpet for that. I'm not peeing on anyone's grave, but trying to get this company back to a safety culture, one which they have lost.

You disrespect the driver more with your meaningless sentiment. I'd like to see everyone come home from work, every day. That happens when your company is safe and plays by the rules. You know where you can shove it.
Amen brother...I drove for those bast***s for 18 years and what you say is the truth...the idiots condemning you don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. you are NOT dissing the deceased and injured; you're making valid friend'ing points, bro....keep up the good posting and may FedEx rot in hell....