Trouble brewing in chicago!

atatbl

LOL @ 705.

Get real guy. You're going to the length of saying we are encouraging retirees dying because they won't get health care, and then neg repping people on browncafe! You are a farce. Get serious instead of just playing a role on browncafe. Even if someone was foolish enough to look up to you on here, it wouldn't matter in real life, now would it?

After both posts, you still miss my point. I said several times that I hope this doesn't happen to the retirees. The right thing, IMO, is for this not to happen. But since you are such an egomaniac you missed my point. Shut up until you learn how to read. Secondly, tell your union buddies to learn to read so we don't have to hear about a strike that will never happen on here every few months. Seriously, look at this from an unbiased view. I know it will be hard, because you are clearly passionate about the role you think you have on BC. But really, really look at the situation. It's not the issue. It's how it's handled.

I look forward to you trying to harness me on message board with neg reps because you don't understand straight-forward logic. Kudos to you, subpar one.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Especially take pride because our contract language that was changed was far better than what the national received under hoffa and his cronies!

You are just told it's better...Most of your changes have been happening in the West for over 20 years. You are just playing catch up to much of the country.
To a point you are right!

But when you are being disciplined for gps, and we are not.

When you are not allowed to file 9.5 because of your route, when you have to opt in or opt out on the list, we are not affected.

When sups work because it an "emergency conditon", we still get paid.

And many other improvements from the contract thet you received, the bottom line, is 705 changed a lot more than the national during this current contract negotiations.

Tell your self what you need to so you can sleep at night, but you settled for horse carp!

atatbl

Especially take pride because our contract language that was changed was far better than what the national received under hoffa and his cronies!

You are just told it's better...Most of your changes have been happening in the West for over 20 years. You are just playing catch up to much of the country.

lol. Don't get him started on ridiculous scenarios of how much of a better deal they got. We've all seen them before.

705red

Browncafe Steward
LOL @ 705.

Get real guy. You're going to the length of saying we are encouraging retirees dying because they won't get health care, and then neg repping people on browncafe! You are a farce. Get serious instead of just playing a role on browncafe. Even if someone was foolish enough to look up to you on here, it wouldn't matter in real life, now would it?

I am no different on here than i am in real life pal! People here know who i am and i do not hide behind a screen name! Ask anyone here that has meet me and they will tell you the same. You got negative repped, because your post called for it!

Now if you would like i could sned you a box of kleenex, or are you done crying?

After both posts, you still miss my point. I said several times that I hope this doesn't happen to the retirees. The right thing, IMO, is for this not to happen. But since you are such an egomaniac you missed my point. Shut up until you learn how to read. Secondly, tell your union buddies to learn to read so we don't have to hear about a strike that will never happen on here every few months. Seriously, look at this from an unbiased view. I know it will be hard, because you are clearly passionate about the role you think you have on BC. But really, really look at the situation. It's not the issue. It's how it's handled.

It has happened! And unless something changes before feb 1st many reitrees will be without medical benefits!

Im passionate about representing the contract, i enjoy this site, until recently with all the new me me me upsers that have joined, who only give a rats ass about themselves, yes this is directed at you!

I look forward to you trying to harness me on message board with neg reps because you don't understand straight-forward logic. Kudos to you, subpar one.

Explain what you would do!!! How would you resolve this by next sunday so people that you once worked next to would not be without medical benefits, because of an illegal act on ups's part.

Would you hold hands in a round circle singing folk songs hoping this problem would just go away?

Speak your mind, but when you attack my leadership for doing what we pay them (looking out for the contract), you better have ggod reason!

brownman15

LOL @ 705.

how would you like it if ups starting charging you $500 per dependent for your health care. you would be a fool to not look up to red. i look up to him as do a lot of members at local

if ups would abide by the contract they agreed to 5 months this would not happen. what are we supposed to do roll over and let them violate the contract at will. ups's policy book even states that we respect and fulfill the terms of labor agreements

you are the one doing the harassing

Last edited:

atatbl

Explain what you would do!!! How would you resolve this by next sunday so people that you once worked next to would not be without medical benefits, because of an illegal acy on ups's part.

Would you hold hands in a round circle singing folk songs hoping this problem would just go away?

Speak your mind, but when you attack my leadership for doing what we pay them (looking out for the contract), you better have ggod reason!

When someone brings up a legal recourse, you say it will take too long. You say this as if you know it for a fact. You say this like you asked 705's legal team, personally, and they assured you that there would be no possible way to speed up the process. Obviously, I am not going to get into a legal debate with you since neither of us are attorneys. However, there is CASE LAW that directly contradicts what you are trying to get people to believe. It would be settled within a manageable time frame for those retirees.

I suspect that is what we will see happen. You won't strike. You know that, I know that, all of Atlanta's towers knows that, and so does everyone reading this. That is my point.

I know you have heard the following diatribe, in detail, before. But let me sum it up in one sentence. The more you use a word, the less power it has. Now, we can actually forget that point in this case because it is moot. Why? You have crossed that threshold within the last 9 months. No one cares. Without reading their minds, I think it's a safe bet that your members don't think a strike is realistic. Secondly, most will cross you picket line. But alas, that is also moot. Why?

BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT STRIKE.

Now I guess I have to connect a dot for you. Since you would rather get angry than just use simple reasoning. Knowing that you won't strike, how will this be handled? What would you do? What I would do doesn't really matter. What does matter is what your union does. So what will they do? They will take legal action.

If you would just admit what everyone else knows, there would not need to be drama on the level of Shakespeare in all of your threads. This will be resolved before the end of this week.

NOT BECAUSE OF A FAKE STRIKE THREAT.

But because it is clearly the right thing to do, and the courts would (if need be, although unlikely) ensure that it is resolved one way or another by that time.

That is when you will come on here and say you fought for something, just like last time. Something that was decided long before you were privy to it. You're a pawn, open your eyes.

atatbl

Uhh...... I never said anything about harassing. I laughed at him for bringing up a 'life and death' argument and then crying with a forum tool. Anyone that can think for themselves knows none of this matters. This issue is already resolved in the minds of the people that have control of it. 705red is not one of those people, neither are you, neither am I. Quit playing into this soap opera with cries of 'harassment'.

P.S.- Red, send your box of kleenex to this toddler. He needs it, I don't.

What does the current language say about the retiree's haelth and welfare? And why does UPS control it?

atatbl

Jesus, you are exactly the guy I am worried about. I just read your edit. Your responses were just a weaker, less thought-out version of Red's. Do us all a favor and just let Red spit the union hype to me and you read the responses to him. No offense, but he has refined his 'playbook union rhetoric' a little bit better than yours. He will represent you so you can 'look up to him'.

wyobill

What does the current language say about the retiree's haelth and welfare? And why does UPS control it?

I dont think the contract says anything about retirement Health and Welfare. My Benefits have always be thru UPS but I guess in some places
Benys are thru the union. My retirement benefits are not guaranteed and can probably be droped at any time or my co-pay can be raised to any amount.

You ask why ups controls health and welfare? Tell me who should control it? Should unions control pensions and health and welfare? CS I believe is
around 40% vested and correct me if I'm wrong. We have couple of retired drivers here that recieve their pension from CS that are very worried.

What ever the plan it should be uniform across the board just like our wages. We all work for the same company and employ that same union.
:happy2:

I dont think the contract says anything about retirement Health and Welfare. My Benefits have always be thru UPS but I guess in some places
Benys are thru the union. My retirement benefits are not guaranteed and can probably be droped at any time or my co-pay can be raised to any amount.

You ask why ups controls health and welfare? Tell me who should control it? Should unions control pensions and health and welfare? CS I believe is
around 40% vested and correct me if I'm wrong. We have couple of retired drivers here that recieve their pension from CS that are very worried.

What ever the plan it should be uniform across the board just like our wages. We all work for the same company and employ that same union.
:happy2:

I was asking because I tried to find any language on retirees benefits in this contract,2002, and 1997. I did find that locals 222 and 983 get $1.25 taken from their hourly wage to fund the Utah-Idaho teamsters security fund. I don't think UPS would have control of that.

JonFrum

What does the current language say about the retiree's health and welfare?
UPS / 705 Contract Negotiations 2008:
ARTICLE 34. HEALTH & WELFARE AND PENSION
Section 1. Health and Welfare Insurance

Health and Welfare insurance will be provided for full-time employees and retired employees during the term of this Agreement as outlined in the new UPS Health & Welfare Package Summary Plan Description.

Channahon

705 Red,

Little stressed out are you? I just posted my thoughts on the subject.

As far as my comment on the strike issue, the only posts I have ever seen on this site regarding a strike, was Local 705. Honestly, with the economy and UPS domestic volume in the toilet, is that really the way to resolve this issue?

I just get the feeling the thought process is: UPS started it and we're going to finish it (Teamsters)

Good luck to all affected employees and I am not naive enough to think I will never have my retirement benefits changed from a financial perspective, but I am ready for any change, good or bad.

redshift1

I don't see any media reports regarding this reduction of benefits. How many retirees does this effect?. Anyone have any numbers?.

redshift1

Between 600 and 650 Local 705 retirees are effected.

Thanks Jon, So if I understand this correctly these are all former union workers. Would these workers be eligible for medicare and is it only the health benefits being increased or is their monthly allotment being reduced.

brownman15

Thanks Jon, So if I understand this correctly these are all former union workers. Would these workers be eligible for medicare and is it only the health benefits being increased or is their monthly allotment being reduced.

no not eligible for medicare and has it has posted there premium is being raised from $50 per dependent to $300 per dependent starting feb 1

I can't speak for anything other than Central States, but when a retiree qualifies for medicare their retirement insurance expires.