Trump meets with Kim Jung Un

newfie

‘Death to America’ is like a sports chant in Iran.

They don’t mean it literally, it’s just a thing people chant.

In fact, the Iranian population loves the USA.

You’re reacting to nonsense ‘fake news’ videos curated especially for the uninformed.

Guess they work.

death to America. cant get any clearer.

vantexan

How does letting homosexuals get married hurt others?
Many of us believe homosexual behavior hurts society as a whole. But to demonstrate that we live in a free society, homosexuals recently got the right to marry, and you didn't see Christians rioting in the streets or attempting to overthrow the government. Compare that to what other groups do both here and abroad and tell me with a straight face Christians are trying to force a theocracy on you. Standing up for what we believe is not forcing anything on you. In this country our votes matter just as much as yours and if enough votes are cast for a certain position then that is what goes. If the opposition doesn't like that they can campaign to have it overturned in the next election or pursue it through the courts. That does not a theocracy make, and the hyperbole used to scare people is just that, hyperbole.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Many of us believe homosexual behavior hurts society as a whole. But to demonstrate that we live in a free society, homosexuals recently got the right to marry, and you didn't see Christians rioting in the streets or attempting to overthrow the government. Compare that to what other groups do both here and abroad and tell me with a straight face Christians are trying to force a theocracy on you. Standing up for what we believe is not forcing anything on you. In this country our votes matter just as much as yours and if enough votes are cast for a certain position then that is what goes. If the opposition doesn't like that they can campaign to have it overturned in the next election or pursue it through the courts. That does not a theocracy make, and the hyperbole used to scare people is just that, hyperbole.
My tax dollars are being used to promote religious schools. Don't agree with it or like it but I'm not going to riot over the issue.

bacha29

Where has the Religous Right attempted to force you to live in a theocracy? The vast, overwhelming majority of Christians want the freedom to choose how you live your life as long as you aren't hurting others. On the other hand a number of cases have been brought in recent years against Christians in an attempt to set precedent, forcing them to submit to government authority over their religious beliefs. Comparing us to a Muslim theocracy is ludicrous.

As far as a reasonable wage is concerned I'm talking about being in line with what Americans are paid for similar work. The employers of illegals want to pay less than that, and illegals are willing to work for less.
Well let's see. Efforts at a nationwide ban on abortion because it's "murder" but sending 18 year old,s to get their heads blown off in wars driven by oil, riches and religion that's ok. Banning people from marrying the person they love even though they made be of the same gender despite the fact that they pay in a reservoir full of taxes that are used to defend American law including your right to embrace the religion of your choice. Efforts to return Christianity based bible reading in public schools despite the fact that the kid sitting in the seat is Hebrew, Muslim, Hindu Buddist take your pick. But oh no we can't have equal time be provided for the reading of alternative religious texts even though it's a public school supported by public dollars including dollars payed by people who are of a different faith or no faith at all. .... Now talk about hypocrisy . " Christians want the freedom to choose how you live your life". You see, you people want to order people to live their lives in a way in which Christians feel comfortable.
You see pal the harder you people try to use the hammer of law in order to conform the American public's behavior to one in which you people feel comfortable the more uncomfortable you're going to become.

vantexan

Well let's see. Efforts at a nationwide ban on abortion because it's "murder" but sending 18 year old,s to get their heads blown off in wars driven by oil, riches and religion that's ok. Banning people from marrying the person they love even though they made be of the same gender despite the fact that they pay in a reservoir full of taxes that are used to defend American law including your right to embrace the religion of your choice. Efforts to return Christianity based bible reading in public schools despite the fact that the kid sitting in the seat is Hebrew, Muslim, Hindu Buddist take your pick. But oh no we can't have equal time be provided for the reading of alternative religious texts even though it's a public school supported by public dollars including dollars payed by people who are of a different faith or no faith at all. .... Now talk about hypocrisy . " Christians want the freedom to choose how you live your life". You see, you people want to order people to live their lives in a way in which Christians feel comfortable.
You see pal the harder you people try to use the hammer of law in order to conform the American public's behavior to one in which you people feel comfortable the more uncomfortable you're going to become.
OK, tell me where in public schools today that is happening(reading the Bible)? The country has changed a lot in the last 50 years or so. There was a time when the vast majority of people were Christians and it was thought a good thing to pray and read a verse or two from the Bible. That's been taken away and I don't see an effort to force that back. People who want that for their children and can afford it send them to private schools. What we're concerned about is the effort by non-believers to stamp out every vestige of Christianity in public life. Going after coaches who hold a quick after game prayer with players who want to participate. Taking down any reference to the Ten Commandments from courthouses even though historically that was an important foundation for modern law. The recent going after people in courts for practicing their beliefs. Forcing children to share showers with those of the opposite sex who think they are a different sex. And on it goes. The tearing at the very fabric of who we are to force some social justice warrior's view of what life should be like.

vantexan

Wisconsin parental school choice program.
Then fight it in court. If people pay into a system, don't like how that system is going, they should have the right to take their children to another system with a voucher representing what they have paid in. Apparently you want them to pay in and lose control over their money and if they don't like the direction their school is going then too bad.

bacha29

OK, tell me where in public schools today that is happening(reading the Bible)? The country has changed a lot in the last 50 years or so. There was a time when the vast majority of people were Christians and it was thought a good thing to pray and read a verse or two from the Bible. That's been taken away and I don't see an effort to force that back. People who want that for their children and can afford it send them to private schools. What we're concerned about is the effort by non-believers to stamp out every vestige of Christianity in public life. Going after coaches who hold a quick after game prayer with players who want to participate. Taking down any reference to the Ten Commandments from courthouses even though historically that was an important foundation for modern law. The recent going after people in courts for practicing their beliefs. Forcing children to share showers with those of the opposite sex who think they are a different sex. And on it goes. The tearing at the very fabric of who we are to force some social justice warrior's view of what life should be like.
Who we are as a nation is a vibrant, diverse and evolving society and civilization.
People do not change.....they adapt.
Taking down the 10 Commandments from courthouses? Then tell me something....why is it the ONLY religious text in front of the courthouse?

vantexan

By the way, using some pretext to invade a country in order to grab resources, etc is in my mind wrong. Going into a country that's harboring terrorist leaders who just committed a horrific terrorist act is justified to me. It does depend on the reasons. I didn't like Bill Clinton bombing Christians to protect Muslims who were trying to break away from that country. I've come to realize that the so called Christians were committing terrible atrocities, just as the Muslims did in that region when they controlled it for 500 years. Life is a lot more complicated than the black and white scenarios you trot out.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
homosexuals recently got the right to marry, and you didn't see Christians rioting in the streets or attempting to overthrow the government.
Did I miss where people on the left plotted a coup against the government for homosexual rights?
What riot was there?
Last decent riot we had that I can remember was over the Rodney King verdict

vantexan

Who we are as a nation is a vibrant, diverse and evolving society and civilization.
People do not change.....they adapt.
Taking down the 10 Commandments from courthouses? Then tell me something....why is it the ONLY religious text in front of the courthouse?
Because Judeo-Christian tradition is the foundation of English law. We don't live under the Napoleonic Code.