Twin Hill uniforms causing hives

I wear a sleeveless t-shirt.
It helps
Don't they also call those wife beaters?
image.jpg

Yea but everyone calls them that. It's never going away. One of my best buds always wears them in the summer. My other friends make fun of him and always associate him with that phrase.

oldngray

nowhere special
Back In "the day" the uniforms held up.
I only traded them in,because they were stained!

Now I cant get a year,out of a uniform!

How much are they NOT saving??

Remember when the uniforms were good enough UPS would repair them if they lost a button or had a tear? Instead of just tossing because they aren't even worth turning into rags?

Yea but everyone calls them that. It's never going away. One of my best buds always wears them in the summer. My other friends make fun of him and always associate him with that phrase.
I know that.
I just dont like saying it! I have no problem,dropping an. .friend bomb,or telling somebody ,what they can do with themselves!

Guess I am wierd that way.

HereWeGoAgain

Holy crap, I've been experiencing the same thing for almost 3 years!! It started about a month after I took a trip to Mexico so I thought I picked up something but I think you guys are on to something because every time I don't wear an under shirt under my uniform I break out in a nasty rash!!!

Gini Mic

We have to be a united front on this guys. Describings this as a rash or as hives and blaming it on "cheap fabric" isn't even close to accurate. If we want UPS to take this seriously we need to take it seriously. We are suffering from chemical burns due to toxic materials used in the manufacturing of our uniforms. Alaskan Air just spent 5 million dollars replacing all of their employees' uniforms and are still discussing reupholstering all of the jets.

Here is a copy-paste from a partial chemical analysis of the uniforms Twin Hill sold to Alaska Air:
July 2013
Information on chemical content of TwinHill uniform fabrics at Alaska Airlines
Lab testing of samples of the TwinHill flight attendant uniform garments in circulation at Alaska Airlines since Jan. 2011 has confirmed the presence of the following compounds, in the either some or all of the garments tested:
1) Disperse dye orange 37/76 (allergen, restricted substance) – MSDS attached
2) Tributyl phosphate (irritant, possible endocrine disruptor) – MSDS attached
3) 2-ethyl hexyl fumarate (allergen, irritant) – MSDS attached
4) Diisodecyl fumarate (irritant) – MSDS attached
5) Various heavy metals – arsenic, lead, cobalt, chromium, antimony
6) Disperse dyes brown 1, red 17, and blue 102, all allergenic and restricted
Comprehensive testing has not been completed on these uniforms so this may only be a partial list. AFA-CWA recommends that you provide this document and the relevant Safety Data Sheets (posted online) to your doctor, as necessary.

Go to your local HR office and say "There are reports of Twin Hill being sued over toxic uniforms. Some of their employees are suffering from chemical burns, hair loss, asthma & anaphylactic shock, as well as thyroid, liver & kidney problems. [fill in the blank] is happening to me and I think it may be conected to the Twin Hill uniform." They will want it in writing so it can be put on your file. Please feel free to just copy that exactly.

Do yourself a favor and go to (damnit I still can't post links. Just google twin hill toxic uniforms) to find a comprehensive list of links on the subject. The AFA has already ady done most of the leg work for us.