Twin Hill uniforms causing hives

HereWeGoAgain

Mine started in the summer actually, at first I thought it was a heat rash I remember like it was yesterday burned like hell!!
Not all of the AFA employees experienced a chemical burn. Other issues included hair loss, asthma, irregular periods, etc... but a lot of people do experience a chemical burn that starts out as small red pimples that look like a heat rash, then they spread and turn into open sores that take forever to heal, get infected easily and itch like poison ivy.

Hot water, sweat and heat in general make it much worse. The chemicals in question (disperse dyes and heavy metals) vaporize in the heat then transfer to your skin and other porous fabrics through sweat and water.

Check the links that Cheryl posted at the top of page 5.

I hope that helps

bham brown

I've had many rashes in the thigh area since the switch to twin hill.. Also in the winter when I wear long sleeves my arms itch so bad that I will make them bleed from scratching them. I've tried many lotions and benadryl cream and nothing stops the itch.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We have probably 25% of our drivers walking around with busted crotch seams on any given day. These shorts are a joke, and feel terrible.
The solution to this is to order replacements every week, and if/when they refuse to fill the order due to "budget limits" then just report to work wearing a comfortable pair of khaki or denim shorts. If the company is forced to replace cheap uniform items on a weekly basis they might start making better decisions as to the quality of uniforms they order. I refuse to work with a busted crotch seam.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Remember when the uniforms were good enough UPS would repair them if they lost a button or had a tear? Instead of just tossing because they aren't even worth turning into rags?
Back when we had quality uniforms I was more than willing to ask my wife to mend the occasional torn seam or replace a button because the uniforms were worth keeping and I could get several years of service out of a uniform item.

Now they are cheap garbage and when buttons fall off or seams tear I just throw them away and demand replacements. I'm not going to ask my wife to waste her time mending trash.

fres431

Can anyone fill me in on timeline when ups switched the uniforms? I wanna poll some of my unions brothers and sisters and see if they have experienced this locally as well( already know of one ) once I get more info I'll go to ba and even straight to division manager

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Theres been a lot of drivers affected by this something should be done. I don't wish for anyone to have to experience the scary thing I went through with the hives back on preload that 1 time. I was kinda scared too be honest with you guys with me blacking in and out from them. A similar situation could happen with any of our coworkers, and I don't want to see any of you guys and gals go through it at all :peaceful:

9.5er

I've had some skin problems the past few years. I just figured it was heat rash or dry irritated skin. Went to a dermatologist last year and got a steroid cream that helped. But can only use the cream for so long then it doesn't work anymore.
I know there are several drivers in my center that have had their share of skin irritations.

I'm thinking there may be some truth to this matter.

Gini Mic

Can anyone fill me in on timeline when ups switched the uniforms? I wanna poll some of my unions brothers and sisters and see if they have experienced this locally as well( already know of one ) once I get more info I'll go to ba and even straight to division manager
We switched to the Twin Hill uniforms around the winter of '08-'09. At least that when they started to get to us in Washington state. There are still some locals that have articles in thier contract that stipulate US made uniforms. For instance California drivers get Twin Hill uniforms that are manufactured in the US. HR is about to send me a few of those. I plan to have them tested before I wear them though and I will report my findings for you guys here.

Last edited:

Gini Mic

I've had some skin problems the past few years. I just figured it was heat rash or dry irritated skin. Went to a dermatologist last year and got a steroid cream that helped. But can only use the cream for so long then it doesn't work anymore.
I know there are several drivers in my center that have had their share of skin irritations.

I'm thinking there may be some truth to this matter.
I am on clobetasol propionate. You're not suposed to take it for more than 2 weeks at a time but my docs have had me on it for 5 years, twice a day. That and the occasional round of prednisone are the only things that seem to provide any temporary relief.

Gini Mic

Cheryl fixed my spam settings so I can finally post content. I am trying embed a couple of before and after pics in this post. I am just a trucker though so lets hope I did this right.

Here are some pics of what I looked like a week ago (pics taken between 7/24 and 8/4):

http://imgur.com/a/n2Cx9#0

This is what I look like after just one week of wearing the old USA made Riverside uniforms (pics taken on 8/9 & 8/10):

http://imgur.com/a/4car8#0

Edited for accuracy
Edited again because like I said... I'm just a trucker

Last edited:

Gini Mic

Theres been a lot of drivers affected by this something should be done. I don't wish for anyone to have to experience the scary thing I went through with the hives back on preload that 1 time. I was kinda scared too be honest with you guys with me blacking in and out from them. A similar situation could happen with any of our coworkers, and I don't want to see any of you guys and gals go through it at all :peaceful:
I know how you feel man. When this atuff started to show up on my neck my wife wouldn't sit down until I went to get an epi-pen.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I know how you feel man. When this atuff started to show up on my neck my wife wouldn't sit down until I went to get an epi-pen.
I used the epi-pen one time when I was screwed up with the hives and shot myself in the finger, man that shiznitt hurt like hell. Kinda funny now to look back on it but man I was :censored2: up that time with the hives. When I get them I get em really bad dude.

Gini Mic

I used the epi-pen one time when I was screwed up with the hives and shot myself in the finger, man that shiznitt hurt like hell. Kinda funny now to look back on it but man I was :censored2: up that time with the hives. When I get them I get em really bad dude.
I watched a guy with a bee alergy do that once. It looked painful as heck. Good thing those come 2 to a pack.

fres431

We switched to the Twin Hill uniforms around the winter of '08-'09. At least that when they started to get to us in Washington state. There are still some locals that have articles in thier contract that stipulate US made uniforms. For instance California drivers get Twin Hill uniforms that are manufactured in the US. HR is about to send me a few of those. I plan to have them tested before I wear them though and I will report my findings for you guys here.
I don't know where ya heard us California upsers are getting American made products but it ain't true I received 2 sets of browns everything made out of country
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1407815353.647591.jpg