Twin Hill uniforms causing hives

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Any days I know I am going to be sweating I have to take a towel. If I wipe my face on my uniform it starts burning like crazy. The only shirt that has ever done that. When I worked construction I would always wipe my face on my sleeves, and never had a problem.

And can we please get away from the polyester blend? It's supposedly more durable, but the new shirts rip at the drop of a hat anyways. When it's hot, you can almost feel the heat staying in the fabric. My idea has always been to get Under Armour to sponsor our work outfits. Talk about an endorsement. If it's good enough for your UPS man, it's good enough for you.
Always wear the under armour shirts underneath my uniform once it hits like 83 to 85 degrees. Humidity on east coast sometimes at that temperature can be brutal, not always but sometimes.

JL 0513

Why would Twin Hill continue using the same materials or whatever they're doing with ongoing class action lawsuits?

Although I haven't had any skin issues other than an irritated butt after a hot day riding around on a 1988 PC bench, I have noticed a lot of irritation wiping my brow as well. It's a very scratchy material.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Any days I know I am going to be sweating I have to take a towel.

I have only had to start carrying a towel since this started to happen.. Never used to bother me before. Or I could wipe it off with my sleeves.....from the old uniform. :/

Always wear the under armour shirts underneath my uniform once it hits like 83 to 85 degrees. Humidity on east coast sometimes at that temperature can be brutal, not always but sometimes.

I used to wear some Heat Gear but had to stop as it would make my breakouts even worse. Now I have to go back to wearing a regular cotton tee-shirt as it helps absorb the sweat and keep the breakouts lower.
But I did switch from the old UA boxer jocks that were full polyblend to a more cotton based boxer jock from UA and has helped with the rashes I would get down there.

bluebiker

I too have had this problem for a number of years, know of another driver having weird skin rash. I'll find out if he recently got new uniforms. I also found a link for a law firm that has filed a class action suit about this. Thinking of contacting them also.
I wonder how widespread this is?

I wear a white t-shirt under my ups shirt. even when it is very hot out I still wear the white, when I sweet it doesn't show up on my ups shirt. Just a hint to my brothers and sisters out there, sweet showing from your back and underarms is not cool. Trust our customers do notice.:teethy:

CHALLY9TX

I've noticed itchiness on my arms too. I use the long sleeve shirts. This last set of new shirts I have are the worst. Material is thinner yet it "breathes" less. Sweat way more than I normally do in these new shirts. Quality just gets worse every time I order shirts.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

Driver7906

I've noticed itchiness on my arms too. I use the long sleeve shirts. This last set of new shirts I have are the worst. Material is thinner yet it "breathes" less. Sweat way more than I normally do in these new shirts. Quality just gets worse every time I order shirts.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The material has a lower thread count than Riverside uniforms do, which is why the fabric is thinner and doesn't last long. There is also only one thread used to stitch the seat of the pants, which is why the pants bust open so easily. Less material being used plus foreign workers who accept a much lower wage equals cheaper uniforms for us to wear. I have nothing against UPS but shame on them for the uniform debacle.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I'll be dipped! I used to break out regularly as well...and haven't since I've been retired. I looked like I had measles, especially on my legs and stomach. I think I might have a couple of old riverside unis in the back of my closet still. bidding starts now! haha.:crazy:

This is the only kind of detergent that I use.
20140810_105758.jpg

I think there's something to this twin hill thing. All winter I have long johns on and the browns don't touch my skin. Once summer hits I've got a rash. Something to this?