Two tier wage system, who does it affect?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I would never vote yes no matter what they gave me.

Seems pretty clear cut to me.

I vote no every time also. Just because of what the union concedes/give aways. Why they give a company that makes 4 billion a yr --profit/a break? Ups cries they are going broke. The union says "what do you want "

Last edited:

ManInBrown

I know of no tier pay in this contract. It maybe an issue for the 18 contract. If it does happen, it will probably affect new hires or less than 10 yrs
Affecting 10 years or less drivers is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. So a driver with 9years FT seniority is being told he's taking a pay cut? LOL. That'll go over well.

km3

I have never met a person who thought this. Except management. Most people know we earn every penny we get

Even if they do believe that, they learn if they get the opportunity to sit in the driver's seat. A friend who has the same seniority date as me that went driving back in July just self-disqualified. I asked why, and he said the psychological and physiological effects of the stress he was under resulted in multiple emergency room visits. He decided that making a career out of driving wouldn't be good for his health. He also said that he takes everything he's ever said back, about bringing some driver money back into the hub. Now he thinks drivers are underpaid.

ManInBrown

I put 15% weekly in my 401K. When I retire I'm expecting no pension the way things are going. Sorry to hear of your PLIGHT. Again, it's comical to think a driver with 9yrs FT seniority is being told your pay is being cut 6,7, or 8 dollars an hour.