Unauthorized United Way contributions...

Nimnim

The Nim
The union did not forge a signature because they don't get the money??? The company doesn't get the united way money either, but they did forge???

Point taken. However you must admit there can be pressure on the ignorant members of management who do believe they have to hit numbers with it.

After further thought though, I feel it was more likely clerical error, which are never fun, and less likely something more malicious.

Side note, Teamsters giving more money to politicians doesn't look nearly as good as UPS giving more to a charity.

menotyou

bella amicizia
so you're saying you are every bit the slime ball as those guys who you list?

or perhaps it was an end justifys the means argument where you use some management examples to brand all of us as thieves. Did you know your union was controlled by the mafia?

Slime accuses a girl of stealing a package that she never touched.
Slime fires that girl because he doesn't like her.
Slime doesn't care that the girl had to shell out $1500 for an attorney because Slime is pushing for her arrest.(No, it is not covered by your Union benefit)
Slime doesn't pay attention to the cameras that showed him the package went onto the truck.
Slime doesn't pay attention to the fact that the driver of the truck has over 300 tracers.
Slime can't believe it when the troopers pull up to the building with a truck full of packages matching a lot of the tracers.
Slime can't believe it when the troopers say a hunter found these packages behind a tree on Ransom Rd.
Slime doesn't have the cajones to call the girl and apologize for not seeing what every other manager saw. The Truth.
Slime doesn't push for the drivers arrest.
Slime settles with driver for half of the value of packages and no money on the $23,000 package, and no arrest.
I have met slime and his name is Sala----.
I am not slime, sir.

The mafia has a better code of ethics than UPS.

I loved my job and my company and that was taken away from piece by piece. By management. Yes, you are all thieves. Call me jaded. Prove you are not a thief. That is what I was asked to do. Tell me how easy it is.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Congratulations, you can pay for two abortions for the price of one. Way to go!!!! Do you people evr look into who or what the United Way gives your money to??

You have no idea what I choose to do, so don't judge.

Mr Kettle, you don't know enough about me so don't judge, thanks - Mr Pot

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Congratulations, you can pay for two abortions for the price of one. Way to go!!!! Do you people evr look into who or what the United Way gives your money to??

My $1,300 and the $195 match go to our local Hospice to help those nearing the end of their lives. The $1,300 that I donate returns $260 on my taxes.

This is the third or fourth year in a row, in the 3 or 4 years I have been a member here, that this has been a heated topic. Every year someone feels pushed to contribute or has had contributions withheld incorrectly and every year Tie chimes in calling non-contributors slime balls or some such(makes me wonder if he calls his employees slime balls to their faces?). All the following remarks resemble the ones in this thread.

To the OP, get with your center manager and ask that the money be refunded and future deductions stop.

Bottom line, give if you want, don't give if you don't want.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Can you prove that? I would love to se that one!!!

There certainly is a plenty of evidence to support the notion.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE4DA153FF931A35755C0A961948260

Google any one of the Presidents in Teamster history and you'll find plenty of corruption.

General President

There certainly is a plenty of evidence to support the notion.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE4DA153FF931A35755C0A961948260

Google any one of the Presidents in Teamster history and you'll find plenty of corruption.

General President

Did you really do all the surfing to come up with this or is it in a UPS packet from "Managers responses to hourly employees" manual? Just wonderin' .

P

pickup

This is the third or fourth year in a row, in the 3 or 4 years I have been a member here, that this has been a heated topic. Every year someone feels pushed to contribute or has had contributions withheld incorrectly and every year Tie chimes in calling non-contributors slime balls or some such(makes me wonder if he calls his employees slime balls to their faces?). All the following remarks resemble the ones in this thread.

i've got another one of my great "out of the box" solutions. Since United Way uses UPS to gain "charitable" donations, maybe UPS can use some of United Way's more aggressive agents to close some of those sales leads that we drivers submit.

As has been discussed before, many sales leads are too often not followed through resulting in loss of volume as well as no money for the drivers that submitted the leads.

If the United way agents are as aggressive in closing these leads as they are in soliciting charitable donations, then everyone is a winner. More volume, more routes(yeah, maybe) and more money for drivers(for submitting successful sales leads). The drivers then can kick a portion of that money back to united way but still end up with more money in their pockets. Sounds great?

You do know I am joking, right?

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Did you really do all the surfing to come up with this or is it in a UPS packet from "Managers responses to hourly employees" manual? Just wonderin' .

I just happened to be doing my daily reading from the company provided electronic version of the "How to Respond to Allocations of Teamster Corruption" when the topic came up.

For those of you that don't have your copy handy, you can do this: Open Google. Type "teamster Mafia". Read

pretzel_man

This is the third or fourth year in a row, in the 3 or 4 years I have been a member here, that this has been a heated topic. Every year someone feels pushed to contribute or has had contributions withheld incorrectly and every year someone chimes in calling non-contributors slime balls or some such(makes me wonder if he calls his employees slime balls to their faces?). All the following remarks resemble the ones in this thread.

To the OP, get with your center manager and ask that the money be refunded and future deductions stop.

Bottom line, give if you want, don't give if you don't want.

All this drama. If I find a mistake on something I talk to someone and it is fixed. Everything doesn't have to be Union V UPS.

These are wise words....

Is there pressure to give to United Way? Absolutely
Are there any incentives or bonuses for meeting numbers? Nope

A couple of years ago, I had a payroll mistake on my UW donation. They took out too little. I called and got it fixed.

I give because I like United Way. Its easy and efficient. Its a good charity source for me. I give to many others, but UW gets the largest share.

Give or not, its your choice. Accept that there will be sales pitches, pressure, and human error.

These are wise words....

Is there pressure to give to United Way? Absolutely
Are there any incentives or bonuses for meeting numbers? Nope

A couple of years ago, I had a payroll mistake on my UW donation. They took out too little. I called and got it fixed.

I give because I like United Way. Its easy and efficient. Its a good charity source for me. I give to many others, but UW gets the largest share.

Give or not, its your choice. Accept that there will be sales pitches, pressure, and human error.
AND tear jerk-er movies to watch.

tieguy

Banned
No one here has a problem giving to the poor. The problem is(as usual) the pressure put on those that chose to put their money in a cause of their own choice by the management personnel of UPS. I choose not to give to United Way because I do not agree with the way they spend or have spent some of the money given to them.

Does that mean I hate the poor and am stingey. You have no idea what I choose to do, so don't judge.

I didnt see you lecture the other guy about judging when he made this a management integrity issue. Perhaps I missed it?
I didnt see the you or the other guy question the integrity of the guy who signed him up for DRIVE without his permission.

You're really going to have to grow a brain if you think you going to dance with me.

tieguy

Banned
I felt like I was pressured into doing United Way over the summer. My supervisor wouldn't let it go when I said no. I kept being asked day after day until I said screw it and gave them 25 bucks. I guess they get some sort of prize for having the most donations?

there is the good feeling of helping the poor. try it sometime.

tieguy

Banned
Slime accuses a girl of stealing a package that she never touched.
Slime fires that girl because he doesn't like her.
Slime doesn't care that the girl had to shell out $1500 for an attorney because Slime is pushing for her arrest.(No, it is not covered by your Union benefit)
Slime doesn't pay attention to the cameras that showed him the package went onto the truck.
Slime doesn't pay attention to the fact that the driver of the truck has over 300 tracers.
Slime can't believe it when the troopers pull up to the building with a truck full of packages matching a lot of the tracers.
Slime can't believe it when the troopers say a hunter found these packages behind a tree on Ransom Rd.
Slime doesn't have the cajones to call the girl and apologize for not seeing what every other manager saw. The Truth.
Slime doesn't push for the drivers arrest.
Slime settles with driver for half of the value of packages and no money on the $23,000 package, and no arrest.
I have met slime and his name is Sala----.
I am not slime, sir.

The mafia has a better code of ethics than UPS.

I loved my job and my company and that was taken away from piece by piece. By management. Yes, you are all thieves. Call me jaded. Prove you are not a thief. That is what I was asked to do. Tell me how easy it is.

lol, there you go an admission that the mafia runs the union.