Unauthorized United Way contributions...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have conflicting feelings on the issue. I do feel that UPS can take the strong-armed tactics a bit too far, and its pretty obvious that management has to meet some sort of quota...whether spoken or unspoken....of donations from their work group.

On the other hand, anybody who is currently enjoying the wages and benefits of a full-time UPS job is truly blessed and they ought to be giving something back by donating to charity.

There are employees who have legitimate issues and concerns about giving to United Way. It would be nice if there were other options for those folks to donate to thru payroll deduction. UPS should consider giving equal time to the Salvation Army, or other local charities besides UW.

I think a lot of the hard feelings stem from the fact that we are basically herded into a PCM and pressured into giving to the charity of UPS's choice and the perception is created...rightly or wrongly...that the management team is simply trying to meet yet one more ridiculous quota at our expense. If we walked in to that same PCM and were instead presented with multiple options as far as charities were concerned, I think attitudes would change.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I think a lot of the hard feelings stem from the fact that we are basically herded into a PCM and pressured into giving to the charity of UPS's choice and the perception is created...rightly or wrongly...that the management team is simply trying to meet yet one more ridiculous quota at our expense. If we walked in to that same PCM and were instead presented with multiple options as far as charities were concerned, I think attitudes would change.

Great point there.

menotyou

bella amicizia
In your life of gross incompetence I would think any day you are able to survive without maiming or killing yourself would be a victory of sorts.
Talk about a chubby! "You like me, you really like me!"
Under your skin would be an understatement.

tieguy

Banned
I do like you . I'm beating you silly and yet you keep coming back for more. hell you keep grabbing my hand and slapping your face with it. How much easier can this be.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I do like you . I'm beating you silly and yet you keep coming back for more. hell you keep grabbing my hand and slapping your face with it. How much easier can this be.
You are an amoral, egotistical, vainglorious, ignoble jerkface. But, you are funny. All managers think they win everything. Even when they are cutting me fat free checks.
:wink2:

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
No more disappointed than me. I thought you had a soul...but no. Just another greedy, self-centered management glory roader.
your first mistake was to believe that I really cared what you thought of your hero. Your second mistake was believing that cannonizing your hero would be readily accepted by others simply because you said so. Reading this line of yours I am so dissapointed. I figured someone who threw theirselves into this discussion would come up with something better then what is at best a second grade jab. do yourself a favor , dont get in a war with a fifth grader or you'll get stomped.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Leadership is a word and a concept that has been more argued than any I know. I am not one of the desk-pounding types that likes to stick out his jaw and look like he is bossing the show.
I would far rather get behind the scene and recognizing the frailties and requirements of human nature, try to persuade a person to go along, because once I have persuaded them they will stick.
If I scare them, they will stay just as long as they are scared, and then they are gone.

I've never seen a district manager that earned his position as it should have been.
They all sound just like you.
I too have served my country and I too have family that have served though I'm not sure why that matters here or why that would give you some type of superiority in this discussion.

Nor was I blinded by the rank, title or medals. I'm happy to hear the admiral said the right things to push the right buttons for you. Reality however is that your admiral got his rank the same way your district manager got his. The difference is you chose to annoit the admiral to sainthood or swami status while demonizing your dm.

If my foot is in my mouth then your up to your knees in yours.