Unauthorized United Way contributions...

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
I believe the only thing you've ever or will ever serve is yourself. I was wrong, your foot isn't in your mouth, it's where your brain should be.
I too have served my country and I too have family that have served though I'm not sure why that matters here or why that would give you some type of superiority in this discussion.

Nor was I blinded by the rank, title or medals. I'm happy to hear the admiral said the right things to push the right buttons for you. Reality however is that your admiral got his rank the same way your district manager got his. The difference is you chose to annoit the admiral to sainthood or swami status while demonizing your dm.

If my foot is in my mouth then your up to your knees in yours.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Point being, when someone posts that they aren't all that comfortable with the UW or UPS's not-so-sometimes-optional 'donation' format, and y'all respond with the why-do-you-hate-the-less-fortunate-line, that's just a WEAK argument.

It's not even an argument, it's just a way for Tieguy and others to troll. From the beginning , UPS s policy is to make those who don't fall into the UW/UPS trap feel as though they are "lesser". It's part of the donation strongarm/guilt that is ingrained in management as a subconscious response.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It's not even an argument, it's just a way for Tieguy and others to troll. From the beginning , UPS s policy is to make those who don't fall into the UW/UPS trap feel as though they are "lesser". It's part of the donation strongarm/guilt that is ingrained in management as a subconscious response.
Bullies. That is all they are. That's why I enjoy every minute of my "therapy" every day!

tieguy

Banned
I believe the only thing you've ever or will ever serve is yourself. I was wrong, your foot isn't in your mouth, it's where your brain should be.

your first mistake was to believe that I really cared what you thought of your hero. Your second mistake was believing that cannonizing your hero would be readily accepted by others simply because you said so. Reading this line of yours I am so dissapointed. I figured someone who threw theirselves into this discussion would come up with something better then what is at best a second grade jab. do yourself a favor , dont get in a war with a fifth grader or you'll get stomped.

tieguy

Banned

Absolutely not. Once you start thinking of United Way as a means to help feed the poor then you might actually feel a pang of guilt. Instead believing you are screwing the company who collects for the poor , fabricating and justifying it as some way to attack the company rather then starving the poor is the only way many of you can justify your indifference to humanity.

tieguy

Banned
Bullies. That is all they are. That's why I enjoy every minute of my "therapy" every day!

case in point. In a way I'm glad to see you brag about your indifference to helping the poor. I would hate to think you might actually have some redeeming quailty that would require my respect.

menotyou

bella amicizia
case in point. In a way I'm glad to see you brag about your indifference to helping the poor. I would hate to think you might actually have some redeeming quailty that would require my respect.
Considering I give to the United Way and volunteer for them, you have no clue to what you speak of. Not to mention all the giving my uncle did to our local United Way chair. Oh my!!

P

pickup

I just got back from my volunteer work at the soup kitchen. In the time that you all here spent fighting, you could have been doing just like I was doing by giving your time and effort to the poor.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a t-shirt for my efforts so i can't show everyone how "special" I am.

P

pickup

Oh i know , I will throw some soup on my shirt so that when people ask about the stains, I can tell them that i got them while working down at the soup kitchen.

P

pickup

Unfortunately, it was two towns over, so i guess i wasn't really helping out my community but someone else's . I guess that doesn't count either.

P

pickup

Unfortunately, it was two towns over, so i guess i wasn't really helping out my community but someone else's . I guess that doesn't count either.

meh, it's all good, it's one thing to feed those people, it is quite another to have to see them in my own neighborhood when i take off my apron.