Unauthorized United Way contributions...

tieguy

Banned
I've seen your type too. Why don't you make time and read the U.S. Supreme Court Decision in Transportation-Communication Employees v. Union Pacific Railroad Co., 385 U.S. 157 (1966). As retired Adm. Jerry Miller believed; management garners respect and deference when they trust and respect those on the front lines.

I would imagine the same admiral would have a difficult time respecting someone who whines and cries so much.

BrownArmy

I think it is funny that certain people who are so fortunate to make $30 per hour, with access to overtime, no college education required, take issue with donating money to those who haven't been so fortunate.

How do so many people on this forum come to the conclusion that because certain UPS employees have a definite distaste for either the United Way itself or the manner in which UPS (not all the time, but often enough) heavy-handedly solicits UW donations, that those certain UPS'ers "take issue with donating money to those who haven't been so fortunate", to use your words.

GIVE ME A BREAK.

As if the UW was the only charity, or the only worthy charity, in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE.

As if (because, you know, no college education is required for this job) us hourly's couldn't possibly organize our lives enough to give regularly to a charity unless it was through weekly deductions from our checks.

Before the haters chime in, I actually donate to the UW through UPS, mostly because it's easy. I think the UW has it's flaws (like many organized charities do), but I don't give all that much and it's not the only charity I donate my money and/or time to.

I'll beat a bunch of y'all to the punch: I realize I can specify where I want my UW dollars to go to, but in most cases I certainly don't need the UW to be the middle-man for where my charity donations go...

Point being, when someone posts that they aren't all that comfortable with the UW or UPS's not-so-sometimes-optional 'donation' format, and y'all respond with the why-do-you-hate-the-less-fortunate-line, that's just a WEAK argument.

Feel free to flame.:peaceful:

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Wow Congrats on your appointment as his spokesman.

I came across his story in a 1984 issue of Proceedings, a magazine published by the USNI (U.S. Naval Institute), and thought him a great figure. Along the lines of Omar Bradley and John friend. Dulles. He also starred in a PBS documentary that covered the birth of the nuclear arms race. I guess you've been too busy climbing the ladder of success to expand your knowledge but I'm sure Atlanta appreciates your efforts. Besides..It would be a shame to let all those nice ties go to waste.

tieguy

Banned
I came across his story in a 1984 issue of Proceedings, a magazine published by the USNI (U.S. Naval Institute), and thought him a great figure. Along the lines of Omar Bradley and John friend. Dulles. He also starred in a PBS documentary that covered the birth of the nuclear arms race. I guess you've been too busy climbing the ladder of success to expand your knowledge but I'm sure Atlanta appreciates your efforts. Besides..It would be a shame to let all those nice ties go to waste.

people like yourself tend to be easily impressed by someone who wears a fancy uniform and title. I'm sorry I'm not appropriately attired in something militaristically gaudy enough to earn your admiration.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Easily impressed because I've been there..9 years military service. My brothers also served. The oldest did 4 years in the Army. The youngest, 8 years in the Navy and the winner was David. 30 years as a U.S. Army Ranger who served in every conflict since Grenada. He was forced to retire after catching shrapnel during is 3rd tour in Iraq. Before that he did 2 in Afghanistan. Oh by the way...you can take your foot out of your mouth now.
people like yourself tend to be easily impressed by someone who wears a fancy uniform and title. I'm sorry I'm not appropriately attired in something militaristically gaudy enough to earn your admiration.

tieguy

Banned
Easily impressed because I've been there..9 years military service. My brothers also served. The oldest did 4 years in the Army. The youngest, 8 years in the Navy and the winner was David. 30 years as a U.S. Army Ranger who served in every conflict since Grenada. He was forced to retire after catching shrapnel during is 3rd tour in Iraq. Before that he did 2 in Afghanistan. Oh by the way...you can take your foot out of your mouth now.

I too have served my country and I too have family that have served though I'm not sure why that matters here or why that would give you some type of superiority in this discussion.

Nor was I blinded by the rank, title or medals. I'm happy to hear the admiral said the right things to push the right buttons for you. Reality however is that your admiral got his rank the same way your district manager got his. The difference is you chose to annoit the admiral to sainthood or swami status while demonizing your dm.

If my foot is in my mouth then your up to your knees in yours.

menotyou

bella amicizia
you already have been crying here. Are you telling me we your stolen money will now cause you to become a loyal positive minded employee?
Loyal employee? That has become impossible. I know, I was one.
Stolen money? That is what is in UPS' pocket right now. I find it funny that you talk about stealing. By the way, does Scott Davis know how much time you spend in the Cafe? Talk about stealing.

I so love free money.

tieguy

Banned
Loyal employee? That has become impossible. I know, I was one.
Stolen money? That is what is in UPS' pocket right now. I find it funny that you talk about stealing. By the way, does Scott Davis know how much time you spend in the Cafe? Talk about stealing.

I so love free money.

I think you need to do some soul searching here. Most of us here on this board do a tough job at UPS without whining and crying about it. You seem to find joy in negativity.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I think you need to do some soul searching here. Most of us here on this board do a tough job at UPS without whining and crying about it. You seem to find joy in negativity.
You seem to repeat yourself. As for whining, I have seen your posts. What else do you do?

tieguy

Banned
Wait a minute I thought Troll was upssocks ?

I always thought it was bubblehead. the obvious dodge would have been to accuse a management poster. Go beyond that and you have to look for a union poster stupid enough to put out that kind of lunancy.

the dodge would then be for him to accuse someone else and throw suspicion in a different direction. If you look at the bizarre nature of his posts and avatars it clearly matchs his history.

Last edited: