Union Politics - The Ohio Conference of Teamsters has been put in Trusteeship!!!

I have never ran for Recording Secretary.

How many times can you be wrong?

And I ran for steward over 15 years ago against men who had 20 years senority on me, of course I lost.

I ran because most of those SENORITY drivers spent almost no time on the picket line, so in my eyes, they didn't deserve to be steward.

Now about a brainwashed, bought-off sellout like yourself, you don't deserve squat.

You should have your union card pulled, and walked out the door for being a me-ster.
Did you get a real bad concussion when you got slapped off that bar stool????

Brown Spider

When it's all said and done it will only be a pimple on someone's ass on a hot summer day.

Everything is I'll work its way out and everyone will be right now here they were before this all came out.

When it's all said and done the recently disgraced officers of the Ohio Conference will be nothing more than memories, and bad memories at that. As for your second sentence...I'm getting a headache trying to figure out what you're trying to say.

"Everything is I'll work its way out and everyone will be right now here they were before this all came out."

WUT?

When it's all said and done the recently disgraced officers of the Ohio Conference will be nothing more than memories, and bad memories at that. As for your second sentence...I'm getting a headache trying to figure out what you're trying to say.

"Everything is I'll work its way out and everyone will be right now here they were before this all came out."

WUT?
When time passes by and everyone is still gainfully employed I'll be right here to say I told you so. As for the errors sorry. I have big fingers and thumbs. I'm not here to set the world on fire with grammar punctation or spelling. I'll be telling you I told you so.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
When time passes by and everyone is still gainfully employed I'll be right here to say I told you so. As for the errors sorry. I have big fingers and thumbs. I'm not here to set the world on fire with grammar punctation or spelling. I'll be telling you I told you so.
Gainfully employed by who?
The Ohio Conference money grab is over.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Was it you or someone else who said these guys would lose their jobs? I don't feel like scrolling back. All I'm saying is that nobody is losing their job over this.
I say, and the latest articles says, that these "officers" will no longer be able to draw supplemental checks from the conference, and therefore won't be interested in being a part of it.
The reality is that it needs to be dissolved like most of the other state coferences have and its duties absorbed by the Joint Councils.
Don't be surprised if that's what happens, although the IRB report shows that Hoffa and Hall both enjoyed the lavish Ohio Conference annual meetings?
So who knows?

5habits100

Credibility is proven at the end of the day.
I don't believe any thugs are involved. I don't believe money was "stolen" although there was a ton of our money spent on things that are worthless issues according to the report.

IF you read the report and presume that any portion of it is correct there's a possibility that people will be disciplined for what went on. Read the report and you'll see why there's strong feelings out there.

Are some posts here "over the top"...maybe.
But most people who post here have strong feelings one way or the other (romper room free for all at times) and that'll prob ramp up for the next year.

The lack of respect here is chronic...tampons, stupid pics, blatant lies about other posters...so I've come to read it all with a grain of salt and consider the source.
Are you ok now?

5habits100

I say, and the latest articles says, that these "officers" will no longer be able to draw supplemental checks from the conference, and therefore won't be interested in being a part of it.
The reality is that it needs to be dissolved like most of the other state coferences have and its duties absorbed by the Joint Councils.
Don't be surprised if that's what happens, although the IRB report shows that H and hall both enjoyed the lavish Ohio Conference annual meetings?
So who knows?
What articles? I would like to read them please.

Brown Spider

Was it you or someone else who said these guys would lose their jobs? I don't feel like scrolling back. All I'm saying is that nobody is losing their job over this.

It may have been me who said that, and I stand by it. You're wrong...and you're apparently completely unaware of how harshly the IRB deals with Teamster officials who treat the member's money like some sort of gift to the entitled. IRB decisions are a matter of record. Google it. And, in the event that you think that Junior can step in and save his buddies, look at the IRB recommended penalties that have been lessened by the GP and subsequently upheld following rejection of the lessened penalty by the IRB. Long story short...your boys ain't coming back, Belly.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I don't know any of the people in this report

I do. Know them all.

there's no personal axe for me to grind but this report, as ugly as it reads, is a slap in members faces who are facing significant cuts in their pensions.

People already feel like victims. They didn't need to see this now.

I understand your point. It's certainly bad timing.

But, what does it have to do with the pension ?

Perception and reality.... are not "one in the same".

Call it whatever you'd like Bug, but it would appear that the political "arm" in the region was reaching deeply into the pockets of the members in the region and providing very little in return.

Complete speculation.

You have no idea, what sort of political clout the Ohio Conference has.

Would you care to opine why Ron Carey allowed the Ohio Conference to continue when others were disbanded?

I can answer that.

It's because.... they don't have a clue. :biggrin:

the IRB report shows that H and hall both enjoyed the lavish Ohio Conference annual meetings?

Lavish meetings ?

Not hardly.

Long story short...your boys ain't coming back

That's premature judgement.

Lets see what happens.

Then, we can "beat this horse to death".... again and again.

-Bug-

10 point

I do. Know them all.

I understand your point. It's certainly bad timing.

But, what does it have to do with the pension ?

Perception and reality.... are not "one in the same".-Bug-

I'm not putting down people in that post. We all live with the choices we make and no one else.

But waste is waste.

In the LA riots innocent people were pulled out of trucks and cars to be beaten to the point of death because they were the wrong skin color. That's a drastic comparison but none the less parallel when you get the news that the UNION is trying to cut your pension in half ... whether you deserved the benefit level or not.

Perception. That's a dangerous word.

People are angry and when they see the thousands of dollars spent on excesses and the report said that Bales deposition stated that NONE of our CBA's were reviewed, allegedly the one thing that was supposedly forefront in priority of the OC... that grates on us members still working.

And if the statement by "one" that the OC exists to augment smaller locals salaries is true that should really raise the eyebrows of those that believe their representation is well enough paid without taking more of our money and funneling it in the back door to give them more?!

The question stands for many:
Are you getting your money's worth in representation and do we really trust the OC players are taking care of the sheep or the shepherds.

Time will tell and November 2016 can't come fast enough for "some".

10 point

@BigUnionGuy,

I try to remember this one thing:

"To whom much is given much is required."

When the IRB report came out the one thing that came out of many members and retirees mouths was the word "Reproach".

You think about that because that's exactly what this is to many of us little people.

And we didn't deserve it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My question, Only one, because right now its all about me. Truth will win. Do we have representation during this time?

10 point

You seem angry.

Are you complaining ?

Or, trying to motivate your fellow co-workers ?

Walk it back....

-Bug-
Are you trying to intimidate me BUG? I'm going to take a screen shot of that comment for future reference.

My fellow coworkers can read and make their own assessment of the situation without remedial reading help.

There you go with assumptions and your perception.

You seem angry.

Last edited: