Updated info on the Hybrid position

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just 25 percent. Lol, Look around at the morning pcm, on out of every four drivers-gone!

If you make up any position that needs protection, it might be a good warning sign not to do it.

Open the door for one and it's open season on all jobs.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just 25 percent. Lol, Look around at the morning pcm, on out of every four drivers-gone!

If you make up any position that needs protection, it might be a good warning sign not to do it.

Yep, and they’ll just keep loading everyone up. With 22.4 they’ll just have less grievances they have to pay out on. They’ll have 22.4’s come in, offer days off to regular drivers who are sick and tired of getting slammed, sit the 22.4’s out there all night.

Those of us who are filing because we won’t go home and work the 11 hour days will just become “costs of doing business” even more so than now.

The company will tout “See! 9.5 grievances are at all time lows!” then at next contract and push to expand the 22.4’s.

If it truly was created to make more full time jobs I would be all for it. It's being created to undermine our current jobs.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
“Our members know that they work in a changing industry, driven by e-commerce and the ‘Amazon effect,’ where consumers want fast delivery and weekend delivery,” said Denis T, Director of the Teamsters Package Division and Co-Chairman of the Teamsters National UPS Negotiating Committee.

Sure sounds like he is negotiating for the company, not us?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
If it truly was created to make more full time jobs I would be all for it. It's being created to undermine our current jobs.

Folks, if you think 22.4 is anything BUT this you need to sit down and think long and hard about the last time you EVER saw UPS doing anything other than reduce the number of people working a shift!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
ups is going to eventually go to a 7 day ground service at some point.
The market demands it.
For me At almost 25 years service. The new 22.4 will keep me working mon-Friday with no weekends.
I have 2 sons. Depending on the roll out in our center. Only about 60-80 routes daily. One is already a full time driver the other is 2 years out. So one is looking at mon-Friday. The other could be working weekends till a full time retires and per the agreement. That position has to be refilled, I assume using seniority a hybrid can move to the current driver position. That wasn’t really clarified in what I read.
I’m not feeling the “strike strike stike”
Mentality I see a lot on here.

For me. If we go to a sat and Sunday and my route is out in Monday. I know around 50 routes in out center. I’ll run something else to get my hours in.
I’m not limited on knowledge, ability, or work ethic.
So you're willing to screw every employee to walk thru those doors from now on so you don't have to work the weekend?

This is exactly what the company and union are banking on.

Hint: the contract language does not prevent you from working weekends.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
There’s no way that’s true. We will be striking 100% if that’s the case.

On what grounds? The only time we have to strike is before this contract gets voted in!

Seriously, if there isn't IRON CLAD wording, and I mean spelled out to the letter, UPS will tear a hole in it big enough to drive a truck through.

What happens when UPS builds a new building to replace an old, dated and too small building. Yes, we current workers get to follow our work but what prevents the company from making all new hires going forward 22.4's in that building? What prevents the company from making a new "building" oh say a portable one like we see at peak and claiming its a new "building" and thus is exempt from the 25% rule? If and when that happens how long do you think it will take the company to find BS, trumped up reasons to get rid of the top pay RPCD's? I bet'cha about as long as it takes to get your replacements trained and competent!

What you have seen thus far from the teamsters press releases to us AND TO THE NATIONAL MEDIA, and from what you have seen with past contracts what makes you believe Dennis has all the bases covered?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
On what grounds? The only time we have to strike is before this contract gets voted in!

Seriously, if there isn't IRON CLAD wording, and I mean spelled out to the letter, UPS will tear :censored2: in it big enough to drive a truck through.

What happens when UPS builds a new building to replace an old, dated and too small building. Yes, we current workers get to follow our work but what prevents the company from making all new hires going forward 22.4's in that building? What prevents the company from making a new "building" oh say a portable one like we see at peak and claiming its a new "building" and thus is exempt from the 25% rule? If and when that happens how long do you think it will take the company to find BS, trumped up reasons to get rid of the top pay RPCD's? I bet'cha about as long as it takes to get your replacements trained and competent!

What you have seen thus far from the teamsters press releases to us AND TO THE NATIONAL MEDIA, and from what you have seen with past contracts what makes you believe Dennis has all the bases covered?
88EB4674-C3B7-4E7E-B6DC-65EAC312AD97.gif

So you're willing to screw every employee to walk thru those doors from now on so you don't have to work the weekend?

This is exactly what the company and union are banking on.

Hint: the contract language does not prevent you from working weekends.
The teamsters before me voted in the “cover driver” language and I spent 4 years doing everything a full timer does making less pay, and not earning the same benefits they received. Then when I went full time, I still had to go through progression to get where I am today.
So yes, new up coming drivers will most likely work for less. And work weekends more than me. But the opportunity is still there to eventually move into a full time position when a driver retires.

brownelf

UPS has had this 22.4 thing planned for years, cutting routes to put package car drivers hours to the limit. Then last peak they pulled out the 70 hour rule to really put the screws to them knowing they had a better chance of making this 22.4 position possible. In the past we built more full time routes and hired more full time drivers as volume increased which kept everyone's hours at a reasonable level. This would have happened if stronger 9.5 language was negotiated thru monetary penalties like double time after 9hrs and pension contributions on all hours worked. They played their cards well and all most current drivers care about is getting home at a reasonable hour at this time. Well played UPS.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The teamsters before me voted in the “cover driver” language and I spent 4 years doing everything a full timer does making less pay, and not earning the same benefits they received. Then when I went full time, I still had to go through progression to get where I am today.
So yes, new up coming drivers will most likely work for less. And work weekends more than me. But the opportunity is still there to eventually move into a full time position when a driver retires.
So you had it bad and you've got no problem with them having it worse.

You realize this puts a monster target on your back....someone willing to do your job for less pay than you permanently.