UPS 1st Qtr. Profits are 1.62 Billion

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
At this pace the company is on pace to make 6.4 Billion dollars in 2013. Would be kind or ironic if we reach a tenative agreement that includes concessions today.

ups hero

Lol. I love it... I just read the article on today's release..c'mon Hoffa and Hall, nows your time to shine!! Get them by the B@LL$!!

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
net income (profit) was $1.04 billion

and it's a volume driven profit. if we lose customers, we lose the profit.

that's a 7.7% profit margin. that's not good for most businesses.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Uh link?

Try 1.04 billion. Still a lot

I got if off of the UPS pressroom page. I thought we were not allowed to link to UPS. Also it is 1.58 Billion adjusted to 1.62 Billion (because of cash they laid out last year for TNT that was put back into UPS in the 1st quarter)

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
UPS said it plans to buy back about $4 billion worth of stock this year, about 5 percent of its current market capitalization of nearly $80 billion. It repurchased shares for $1 billion in the first quarter.

So Profit would have been more...

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Profit margin was 11.8% down .1%

i took net income and divided by revenue. didn't look to see it posted. you could be right.

$1,040,000,000/$13,400,000,000 = 7.78%

and yes, not many companies make $1 billion. most also dont have $50 billion in annual revenues. Companies also don't normally have the market share of UPS and only one competitor. also most are not at a disadvantage to our competitor like UPS is currently. Only one thing happens to 105 year old companies with market share. they lose it.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
UPS said it plans to buy back about $4 billion worth of stock this year, about 5 percent of its current market capitalization of nearly $80 billion. It repurchased shares for $1 billion in the first quarter.

So Profit would have been more...

companies buy back stock when they feel their stock in undervalued. They feel they can reissue it at a higher amount down the road, so that really has nothing to do with quarterly earnings. stock is issued to expand the business, not pay the bills.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Profit margin was 11.8% down .1%

i took net income and divided by revenue. didn't look to see it posted. you could be right.

$1,040,000,000/$13,400,000,000 = 7.78%

and yes, not many companies make $1 billion. most also dont have $50 billion in annual revenues. Companies also don't normally have the market share of UPS and only one competitor. also most are not at a disadvantage to our competitor like UPS is currently. Only one thing happens to 105 year old companies with market share. they lose it.

Just telling u what the official release said.

Market share will be lost yes. But the overall market is expanding tremendously.

Last edited:

UPSER110

one billion dollars...... web-obd-4.jpg
ONE BILLION DOLLAR - artmarcovici
web-obd-4.jpg