UPS and Teamsters Discuss Two-Tier Wages, Sunday Deliveries---WSJ

opie

Yes there will be an extension
Yeah definitely. I think a no vote majority is likely. A lot guys want to stick to the company. And the talk of concessions and part time ground is pissing people off. But a strike, I don't think would happen.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
In 2013 I got a performance ride on the 7A because I was the highest over allowed the day before. I did the 2B the day before. It was the 3rd time I’ve done the 2B. It changed about 70% since the last time I did it 4 months prior.... that’s why I’m striking.
Oh brother...

Tony Q

What you said,is not giving a stance? Then what IS? :D Were you drunk and high when you posted that? I'm not "judging" or being presumptuous ! :D
Look at you original post you quoted me on. This one wasn't the original. If you have a substance abuse issue don't take it out on me. Its not going to help you in the long term. I hope all the best for you.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
It will be in the contract because the union has no say in how UPS runs their operation. If UPS wants to deliver 24/7 they will.

Yes they can and yes they will. If 24/7 means more money, its means more jobs.

I feel like a lot of people don't get this, that the union can't (and shouldn't) tell the company when they are allowed to do business. Company makes business decisions, Union makes sure that workers are treated fairly and compensated for their labor.

Its not about the business of the company. You are right, its about the business of how the company treats the workers as these changes are made.
But, as always, when changes are made, the company has always had the attitude of we have got a blank page here and we will do what we want.
You want the company to make money and money making decisions but,history proves, get it in writing, or you will open a door you cant get closed.

F

Frankie's Friend

Yes I’m aware, my point was to go try and find a job that pays this well with free insurance. Some don’t know how good they have it.
Less available now days but some dont know how hard we work to make this company profitable either.

Dude, this is not a cake walk. We probably have the highest turnover in the country.

Go back to your manning sheet and get ready for tomorrow's call ins.

Chester

Less available now days but some dont know how hard we work to make this company profitable either.

Dude, this is not a cake walk. We probably have the highest turnover in the country.

Go back to your manning sheet and get ready for tomorrow's call ins.
Dude? Never said it was a cake walk, who cares about turnover, nobody wants to work hard anymore, everyone wants handouts. Most know how hard we work, they see it everyday. It’s funny because you and I have a different opinion you attack me with the whole management accusation, grow up.

PT Car Washer

Dude? Never said it was a cake walk, who cares about turnover, nobody wants to work hard anymore, everyone wants handouts. Most know how hard we work, they see it everyday. It’s funny because you and I have a different opinion you attack me with the whole management accusation, grow up.
It is one thing to be a hard worker. Another thing to be set up for failure everyday. Including local management. I fell for that working harder line for decades until our current manager showed me the light. Now I just do enough to keep from getting fired and make more money every year.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I agree, but we are a service industry and times change.

I think the fairest way to do it would be to rotate schedules and let seniority choose weekends off in order.

Maybe every driver has to work 5 weekends a year or whatever the number is, #1 driver chooses his 5 and on down the list it goes.

friend* that that’s not what seniority is about

Sorry if you’re at the bottom but everybody was at some point

Chester

It is one thing to be a hard worker. Another thing to be set up for failure everyday. Including local management. I fell for that working harder line for decades until our current manager showed me the light. Now I just do enough to keep from getting fired and make more money every year.
It’s more exhausting for me to do just enough to not get fired, too much pride for that too. If you let yourself be setup for failure then it’s your own fault, example-if I can’t make air I get a steward and tell immediate sup I can’t make it by commit, guess what happens, it comes off. You gotta stand up for yourself in this company, union can only do so much for you.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
I'm ready to strike immediately. We need to draw the first blood and end the union-corporate self-fellating parties (negiotations). Never forget the Haymarket Affair.

Chester

6AF7D766-D6D8-4228-9985-43D9AB3F075B.gif
I'm ready to strike immediately. We need to draw the first blood and end the union-corporate self-fellating parties (negiotations). Never forget the Haymarket Affair.