UPS and Teamsters Discuss Two-Tier Wages, Sunday Deliveries---WSJ

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
friend* that that’s not what seniority is about

Sorry if you’re at the bottom but everybody was at some point

I'm not at the bottom...I'm in feeders and stay on coverage so I can work when I want. That's why none of my posts are me crying about schedule's or the number of hours I have to work each week.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Dude? Never said it was a cake walk, who cares about turnover, nobody wants to work hard anymore, everyone wants handouts. Most know how hard we work, they see it everyday. It’s funny because you and I have a different opinion you attack me with the whole management accusation, grow up.
i generally agree with you, and also have heard/received that dumb management rhetoric. I have no problem with people voting no for strike auth. No one should want a strike outcome, unless you are a junior on the seniority list and can't get a summer week off. ;)

That does not mean a strike is unnecessary too..the option is there because it may be. But isn't the ideal goal to get a good contract? I think so.

Chester

i generally agree with you, and also have heard/received that dumb management rhetoric. I have no problem with people voting no for strike auth. No one should want a strike outcome, unless you are a junior on the seniority list and can't get a summer week off. ;)

That does not mean a strike is unnecessary too..the option is there because it may be. But isn't the ideal goal to get a good contract? I think so.
Strike authorization is a no-brainer, it’s sad how many have no clue what it means though.

Inthegame

... if I can’t make air I get a steward and tell immediate sup I can’t make it by commit, guess what happens, it comes off. You gotta stand up for yourself in this company, union can only do so much for you.
So you stand up for yourself by getting a steward to stand up with you... Got it!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It’s called standard procedure. When you have a problem you grab a steward and talk to management. If you didn’t have that steward there they could make up whatever they wanted.
If I am going to have late air, I'm not going to a steward for help. That is not a problem for me, that's on management. There is no conversation - "I need help with xxx stops because they are probably going to be late" is not a conversation.

Chester

If I am going to have late air, I'm not going to a steward for help. That is not a problem for me, that's on management. There is no conversation - "I need help with xxx stops because they are probably going to be late" is not a conversation.
What if they tell you to do what you can, you have 4 late air, next day they pull you in office and sup denies you told him about the situation?

F

Frankie's Friend

Dude? Never said it was a cake walk, who cares about turnover, nobody wants to work hard anymore, everyone wants handouts. Most know how hard we work, they see it everyday. It’s funny because you and I have a different opinion you attack me with the whole management accusation, grow up.
"Nobody" and "everyone". Exaggerate much dudette?

If you think this was an attack you need to grow not only "up" but a spine as well.

The "free" bennies and above hourly rate of pay (full time only to clarify your blanket statement) were free when the company netted 1 billion per year and now it's way past that.

The jobs are harder and the ov 70s are out of control. Harassment from technology is present and was not an issue 25 yrs ago.

Sorry sherlock, I dont have any Kleenexes to send you. Check with the oms.

F

Frankie's Friend

It is one thing to be a hard worker. Another thing to be set up for failure everyday. Including local management. I fell for that working harder line for decades until our current manager showed me the light. Now I just do enough to keep from getting fired and make more money every year.
The Company knows who will run and who wont.

Chester

"Nobody" and "everyone". Exaggerate much dudette?

If you think this was an attack you need to grow not only "up" but a spine as well.

The "free" bennies and above hourly rate of pay (full time only to clarify your blanket statement) were free when the company netted 1 billion per year and now it's way past that.

The jobs are harder and the ov 70s are out of control. Harassment from technology is present and was not an issue 25 yrs ago.

Sorry sherlock, I dont have any Kleenexes to send you. Check with the oms.
What a whiny little :censored2: you are.