UPS and Teamsters Discuss Two-Tier Wages, Sunday Deliveries---WSJ

M

MenInBrown

UPS wants the 2nd tier drivers so they can move all the volume to them. This is all a ploy to eliminate OT to top paying drivers now. For most drivers OT is almost 30% of their yearly
Income. I do not want a 30% pay cut. Even a mention of “tier” is a NO vote.

F

Frankie's Friend

Very different business model, they don't have competitors offering our customers long term contracts that include Saturday/Sunday delivery. If we give up on weekend delivery we're not just giving up on one day of profit we're giving up on a selling point for a contract that will ultimately cost us jobs.
I disagree. Every other restaurant that is open on Sunday is their competitor and the general public expects all the restaurants to be open...
even the church folks that would never work on Sunday themselves but frequent the businesses that force their workers to work that day. Dont get me started on that subject.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I disagree. Every other restaurant that is open on Sunday is their competitor and the general public expects all the restaurants to be open...
even the church folks that would never work on Sunday themselves but frequent the businesses that force their workers to work that day. Dont get me started on that subject.
Apples to oranges. Really no comparison.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This post has got to be a finalist for the Darwin Award.
without the union, (I am talking long-term over the decades), UPS would be a vastly different company and it is without question that people would be treated better, overall. I am not talking about pay or benefits, I am simply talking about being treated like a normal working person and human being. I worked for a private company for many years and they HAD to treat people good, to keep the union out!

I think Hoax got it right saying "UPS may as well be run by the devil", and a huge part of that is dealing with a unionized workforce.

Last edited:

bowhnterdon

I enjoyed Ron Carey’s attitude toward UPS,he had put up with their BS as a driver and seen his Father do it also.Junior doesn’t have a clue...

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Correct, More Employees = More union dues.
Maybe "Flex" Drivers. Same wage, but they only work 4 days a week??
IDK, not here to solve anything.

BULL:censored2:! Its the same amount of work. More packages don't suddenly and magically "appear." The company just wants to pay a driver $15 an hour to deliver them instead of the correct $35/hour.

Correct me if I am wrong but I though the union dues amount was based off what we made. So a driver making $15/hour would pay the union less per week than a $35/hour driver!

If this gets in we will all have Big 'ole neon targets on our backs!!!!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How can there be a concession pertaining to language and work (Sat/Sun) that never existed? Outside of a small air operation or a rogue day sort in a hub?