Ups beard petition

Cementups

Box Monkey
What company do you work for?

I'm not being judgemental, but have you seen the next generation with their eye bolts, nose rings, gauges, lip studs.

I am sure they think it is fine and want them accepted also. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

Allow beards and just wait and see what happens. What is acceptable to one person is not acceptable to another. It is far easier for a company to just disallow beards at all and then not have to deal with the fallout.

Just like tattoos and earrings. Easier to not allow them then to give the center manager the power to decide what is within the guidelines and what is not.

It's like you rewrote my previous post. :laugh:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It's like you rewrote my previous post. :laugh:

It was probably in the back of my mind, and as I typed, your words probably subconsciously transferred through my fingertips to the keyboard.

I thought that they were mine, but if you claim them, I will give you all the credit.:D

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Clearly this is all Mugarolla' s fault.

Don't blame me. There were 86 posts before I chimed in.

I may have kept it going, but there is no harm in discussing the beard issue.

There has not been alot of new posts lately, so the beard gives us something to discuss.

The contract is two and a half years away. It will be talked about soon enough. In the mean time, have fun discussing beards, managers fudging metrics to meet a number on a piece of paper, love at work, etc.

Keenj

Having a beard isn't a big issue for me. I'd like them to get rid of the stupid tattoo policy. All my tats were from when I was in the Navy and not against the uniform regs. I hate having to wear a long sleeve under shirt with my shorts.

UPS have the clean shaven policy because they want all drivers to look the SAME. Thats why we have uniform guidelines and cant wear non ups issued stuff etc. It looks more professional when drivers look the same and thats something that sets up apart from fed ex
No, you just look like a person without facial hair. Customers don't care unless its just ridiculous. All they want is there package and a friendly "Have a good day maam or sir". You guys are brainwashed on here.

Sorry, I disagree with the petition. You want to have a beard then go work somewhere else. You knew the rules when you started here.
Lmao another one. Yall would do anthing for a check. Neatly trimmed facial hair shouldn't be an issue. It should be an option. If UPS decided to pay you 150k a year with no benefits, plus you had to wear a clown suit. you'd be the first to sign up.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No, you just look like a person without facial hair. Customers don't care unless its just ridiculous. All they want is there package and a friendly "Have a good day maam or sir". You guys are brainwashed on here.
Welcome to the Brown Cafe Realist.

Men with tats, facial hair, long hair, etc are accepted in today's society more readily than 30 years ago but these attributes still are not perceived as being as professional as a clean shaven neatly trimmed hair and no visible tats.
As for myself, retired 40 years with UPS, I have tats, facial hair, long hair and there is a difference in how people perceive you.

UPS appearance standards are there to reinforce the UPS Brand and to ensure that UPS drivers are allowed in the front office or customer areas of businesses.

I take it you have tats and/or a beard.

It is not so much that we are brainwashed but that these appearance standards are applied to any UPSer meeting the public. You just get use to the idea that the appearance standards must followed unless there are religious and/or medical reasons.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Lmao another one. Yall would do anthing for a check. Neatly trimmed facial hair shouldn't be an issue. It should be an option. If UPS decided to pay you 150k a year with no benefits, plus you had to wear a clown suit. you'd be the first to sign up.
After reading your posts, I feel it is an appropriate time to point you to the Terms of Service that you agreed to follow upon establishing your membership.

Terms of Service and Rules | BrownCafe - UPSers talking about UPS

in particular:

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, insulting, sexually-oriented or any material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from this site. The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.

Welcome to the Brown Cafe Realist.

Men with tats, facial hair, long hair, etc are accepted in today's society more readily than 30 years ago but these attributes still are not perceived as being as professional as a clean shaven neatly trimmed hair and no visible tats.
As for myself, retired 40 years with UPS, I have tats, facial hair, long hair and there is a difference in how people perceive you.

UPS appearance standards are there to reinforce the UPS Brand and to ensure that UPS drivers are allowed in the front office or customer areas of businesses.

I take it you have tats and/or a beard.

It is not so much that we are brainwashed but that these appearance standards are applied to any UPSer meeting the public. You just get use to the idea that the appearance standards must followed unless there are religious and/or medical reasons.
Thanks, but Lmaoo you just stated the obvious. As I double quote "Men with tats, facial hair, long hair, etc are accepted in today's society more readily than 30 years ago". Do you really think customers care about a neatly trimmed beard or goatee?? NO! they just want there packages along with a friendly gesture. Actions say a lot. UPS is just being controlling, point blank.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thanks, but Lmaoo you just stated the obvious. As I double quote "Men with tats, facial hair, long hair, etc are accepted in today's society more readily than 30 years ago". Do you really think customers care about a neatly trimmed beard or goatee?? NO! they just want there packages along with a friendly gesture. Actions say a lot. UPS is just being controlling, point blank.
UPS is known for being controlling.
I will give that most customers do not care but some still do.
There are lots of businesses that still wear coats & ties.