Ups beard petition

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Jaysus jumpin Christ. One has an opinion on the beard thing and all the company hoop jumpers want to turn it into a "package" measuring contest. Look it's simple, we are worked like men, we should be able to choose our appearance as such. Not advocating for wildly unprofessional looks here. Neatly trimmed, not gauged ears, facial tats, piercings, zz top length, etc. "Oh find another job then" Gtfo tough guys you don't know me. If people with my mindset hadn't over the years advocated for changes, your cushy clock milking top scale :censored2: wouldn't be here today. But hey you guys that disagree, keep on liking being force fed how to look, being monitored like children every day, increasingly harassed over dumb metrics... Just wait til they get hold of your personal life! Coming 2025, the ups microchip! We know what you did on vacation naughty boy! Hand in your badge like a good drone now.. Some of you wouldn't know what a backbone was if it fell out tomorrow.

You have every right to question a dress code policy.

You have every right to request a change in a dress code policy.

You have no right to force a dress code policy change. Are you willing to strike over a beard?

One more thing, how did your "advocating for change" keep me in a cushy job?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Jaysus jumpin Christ. One has an opinion on the beard thing and all the company hoop jumpers want to turn it into a "package" measuring contest. Look it's simple, we are worked like men, we should be able to choose our appearance as such. Not advocating for wildly unprofessional looks here. Neatly trimmed, not gauged ears, facial tats, piercings, zz top length, etc. "Oh find another job then" Gtfo tough guys you don't know me. If people with my mindset hadn't over the years advocated for changes, your cushy clock milking top scale :censored2: wouldn't be here today. But hey you guys that disagree, keep on liking being force fed how to look, being monitored like children every day, increasingly harassed over dumb metrics... Just wait til they get hold of your personal life! Coming 2025, the ups microchip! We know what you did on vacation naughty boy! Hand in your badge like a good drone now.. Some of you wouldn't know what a backbone was if it fell out tomorrow.

I also have another observation from your post. You sound like a selfish, self-centered person. It sounds like you want to be able to have a beard. You want UPS to change their dress code policy to suit you. Entitled.

But you do not want UPS to change their dress code policy to suit others. I mean, you did say

not gauged ears, facial tats, piercings, zz top length, etc

So you want UPS to change their policy to suit you, but not the person with the facial tattoo, or the piercings, or the zz top hair, or the gauged ears. Entitled.

You are welcome to get a petition together to see if UPS will allow beards, but don't blame us "clock milking, top scale drivers" for telling you so when UPS laughs in your face.

I am not saying that it will never happen, we did get them to change their minds on shorts, but it ain't happening anytime soon.

The company you chose to work for has a dress code policy. Get over it.

CleverNameHere

Point taken; did anything I personally advocated for help us as Teamsters get our current, second-to-none rights as workers? No. Forgive my insinuating such as I didn't mean to. I meant more, that in the past people would stand their ground for, admittedly, MUCH bigger rights and issues than we currently face. That attitude, in my humble opinion, seems to be lacking. At least among the BC crowd. Seems a lot of people are more than happy being told how to live and breathe, to eat excrement day in and day out. Fine I'll tone it down a bit: I think the facial hair ban is ridiculously old fashioned, and stupid. Customers don't care that their equally hard working Postal carriers are unshaven (I won't start on fed ex we can all agree there)

Entitled... Yes that's an interesting word that likes to get thrown around isn't it. Raises my hackles because YOU DONT KNOW A THING ABOUT ME. Entitlement is people skating thru their life thinking they don't need to work. Entitlement is the clock milker who went to top scale in two years and stay out 12 hours a day to the detriment of their families personal life, chalking it up to working "by the book." (Then feel "entitled"... See what I did there? To point fingers over the Internet "internet tough guys") Entitled describes also the mindset of gangbangers in the extremely rough area I'm from who have burglarized neighbors, shot at me, murdered friends of mine to make an "easy" buck cause God forbid they get jobs. They feel "entitled" not to work and we describe them as "entitlement class" I bust my butt, commit no dishonesty, show up on time each and every day. How DARE you to call me entitled. You're lumping me in with the worst of the younger generation, the worst of the born privileged, the "Me-sters" and murdering punks all at once. I assure you I'm none of these by any stretch.

Lastly, I meant no judgement against, tatted, pierced, long haired, etc folks. I've had long hair before, have a few tats myself. But I was trying to agree, the standard for our looks should still exist, line should be drawn somewhere, we can all agree that we provide a world class service and take pride in such. A neat goatee or manly stubble should not be where that line is drawn. Done. I've never seen this amount of brainwash. Glad my immediate co-workers are common sense, good people. I couldn't work beside some of y'all for a week I'd lose my mind. Some real hypocritical judgemental whiny pieces of work on here.

wayfair

swollen member
Point taken; did anything I personally advocated for help us as Teamsters get our current, second-to-none rights as workers? No. Forgive my insinuating such as I didn't mean to. I meant more, that in the past people would stand their ground for, admittedly, MUCH bigger rights and issues than we currently face. That attitude, in my humble opinion, seems to be lacking. At least among the BC crowd. Seems a lot of people are more than happy being told how to live and breathe, to eat excrement day in and day out. Fine I'll tone it down a bit: I think the facial hair ban is ridiculously old fashioned, and stupid. Customers don't care that their equally hard working Postal carriers are unshaven (I won't start on fed ex we can all agree there)

Entitled... Yes that's an interesting word that likes to get thrown around isn't it. Raises my hackles because YOU DONT KNOW A THING ABOUT ME. Entitlement is people skating thru their life thinking they don't need to work. Entitlement is the clock milker who went to top scale in two years and stay out 12 hours a day to the detriment of their families personal life, chalking it up to working "by the book." (Then feel "entitled"... See what I did there? To point fingers over the Internet "internet tough guys") Entitled describes also the mindset of gangbangers in the extremely rough area I'm from who have burglarized neighbors, shot at me, murdered friends of mine to make an "easy" buck cause God forbid they get jobs. They feel "entitled" not to work and we describe them as "entitlement class" I bust my butt, commit no dishonesty, show up on time each and every day. How DARE you to call me entitled. You're lumping me in with the worst of the younger generation, the worst of the born privileged, the "Me-sters" and murdering punks all at once. I assure you I'm none of these by any stretch.

Lastly, I meant no judgement against, tatted, pierced, long haired, etc folks. I've had long hair before, have a few tats myself. But I was trying to agree, the standard for our looks should still exist, line should be drawn somewhere, we can all agree that we provide a world class service and take pride in such. A neat goatee or manly stubble should not be where that line is drawn. Done. I've never seen this amount of brainwash. Glad my immediate co-workers are common sense, good people. I couldn't work beside some of y'all for a week I'd lose my mind. Some real hypocritical judgemental whiny pieces of work on here.

TLDR

could have saved yourself 10 minutes by just shaving....

CleverNameHere

Also to the guy who suggested 22.3... Lmao no offense man but I wish! I waited...and waited.. And waited some more for one to open up. Finally I jumped into pkg car to get my full time seniority before I wasted any more time. Lord willing a 22.3 opens up in the near future, not that I'd even now be able to get it.. Before my body or sanity breaks down due to working like a spartan but being treated like a kindergartner.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
public image??!!
They don't want some Monroe bearded Louisiana-lookin red neck delivering their packages.
tramlines_2398304k.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1454287257.166263.jpg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I meant more, that in the past people would stand their ground for, admittedly, MUCH bigger rights and issues than we currently face.

Where were you when us clock milking top scale drivers walked the picket line fighting for full time jobs and our pension? And you think fighting for a beard is a noble cause? You think that is the only thing we should be fighting for now?

I think the facial hair ban is ridiculously old fashioned, and stupid.

You have every right to your opinion. But you do not make the rules.

YOU DONT KNOW A THING ABOUT ME

On the contrary, your post I quoted said a lot more about you than you care to admit.

Entitlement is people skating thru their life thinking they don't need to work

No. Entitlement is people believing that they are owed something. Like a good paying job, like a house, like a college education.

Entitlement is the clock milker who went to top scale in two years "

How about top scale in 6 months. So why did you not fight the 4 year progression. Let's get it back to 6 months. That would be a better cause than fighting for a beard.

Entitled describes also the mindset of gangbangers in the extremely rough area I'm from who have burglarized neighbors, shot at me, murdered friends of mine to make an "easy" buck cause God forbid they get jobs

I am truly sorry about your friends, but that is not entitlement on those thugs part. They would rather break the law to survive instead of getting jobs. That is not entitlement.

How DARE you to call me entitled. You're lumping me in with the worst of the younger generation, the worst of the born privileged, the "Me-sters" and murdering punks all at once. I assure you I'm none of these by any stretch.

Sorry, but from your post you sound like you think you are entitled to grow a beard just because you say so, contrary to company policy.

But I was trying to agree, the standard for our looks should still exist, line should be drawn somewhere

The line has been drawn. Hair off the collar, neatly trimmed, not more than halfway past the ears, a trimmed mustache not below the corners of the mouth. No beard or other facial hair.

And you want to change it to suit you. Entitlement.

A neat goatee or manly stubble should not be where that line is drawn

That is not where the line is drawn. That is over the line.

I've never seen this amount of brainwash

You think we are brainwashed because we fight for bigger things than a beard? Or that we won't fight for a beard? Let's see you go on strike over a beard. We struck over our pension and our full time jobs. I am not striking over a beard.

Some real hypocritical judgemental whiny pieces of work on here

Judgemental? You're whining about a beard instead of your pension, healthcare, wages, progression, etc.

I'd have some respect for you if you whined about your healthcare, or pension, or wages, but you just want to whine about a beard. Something that you think you are entitled to.

CleverNameHere

Disagree^^ in response to two posts above. My not agreeing with an appearance policy does not make me "entitled." Way to derail conversation. It wasn't about any of those larger, and yes I'll agree way more important issues regarding wages, healthcare, pension, etc. I was not around for the big strike but rest assured would have been on picket lines right there with you. Yes, there is much to be improved in other areas and that struggle will continue, and I'll always take side with the welfare of my union brothers.

I agree also, you must not respect me, as you persist in the personal attacks. That's OK, end of the day I respect you, internet stranger or no, as we share in common a job and experience not many are cut our for. Disagreeing is your right and if it makes your day a bit better to feel you've put me in my place, well I extend my hand and say I concede some of your points. ESPECIALLY regarding 6 month wage progression lol. Won't happen and I'll put in my time, but if it was on the table is fight for it. I know there facial hair policy won't go anywhere either and in the end yes, a minor matter in the grand scheme. It was good to see others irked by it, is all. Really it amounts to just a pet peeve of mine. There's much more to be fought for though. Peace.