Ups beard petition

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Disagree^^ in response to two posts above. My not agreeing with an appearance policy does not make me "entitled." Way to derail conversation. It wasn't about any of those larger, and yes I'll agree way more important issues regarding wages, healthcare, pension, etc. I was not around for the big strike but rest assured would have been on picket lines right there with you. Yes, there is much to be improved in other areas and that struggle will continue, and I'll always take side with the welfare of my union brothers.

I agree also, you must not respect me, as you persist in the personal attacks. That's OK, end of the day I respect you, internet stranger or no, as we share in common a job and experience not many are cut our for. Disagreeing is your right and if it makes your day a bit better to feel you've put me in my place, well I extend my hand and say I concede some of your points. ESPECIALLY regarding 6 month wage progression lol. Won't happen and I'll put in my time, but if it was on the table is fight for it. I know there facial hair policy won't go anywhere either and in the end yes, a minor matter in the grand scheme. It was good to see others irked by it, is all. Really it amounts to just a pet peeve of mine. There's much more to be fought for though. Peace.

No personal attacks.

I told you to get a petition to have UPS change their policy.

I also told you that when they laugh at your petition, drop it. There are much bigger issues affecting everyone, to fight for, than just a beard.

I'm glad to see that you would have been on the picket line next to me. Those were issues worth fighting, and striking, for.

Peace brother.

CleverNameHere

You're right in the grand scheme. No way I'm striking over a beard. Had a bad few days, working thru being sick, etc. Little things got under my skin over the weekend. No harm, no foul. Peace to you and the rest of our brothers on here as well.

Jmups

UPS didn't give two chits about that AC in the package cars petition. You really think they're going to consider changing the facial hair rule?

No :censored2:...u think ups wants to spend all that money for the a/c?...letting drivers have beards won't cost a dime....why not let them?

Jmups

I also have another observation from your post. You sound like a selfish, self-centered person. It sounds like you want to be able to have a beard. You want UPS to change their dress code policy to suit you. Entitled.

But you do not want UPS to change their dress code policy to suit others. I mean, you did say

So you want UPS to change their policy to suit you, but not the person with the facial tattoo, or the piercings, or the zz top hair, or the gauged ears. Entitled.

You are welcome to get a petition together to see if UPS will allow beards, but don't blame us "clock milking, top scale drivers" for telling you so when UPS laughs in your face.

I am not saying that it will never happen, we did get them to change their minds on shorts, but it ain't happening anytime soon.

The company you chose to work for has a dress code policy. Get over it.

I'm sure you wear shorts while your delivering right?...ups used to say that was unprofessional and it was against the dress code policy....some drivers fought for the change and it happened...now u have the choice to wear pants or shorts...times change...policys change...we should have the right to choose if we want to have facial hair or not...why fight it?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I'm sure you wear shorts while your delivering right?...ups used to say that was unprofessional and it was against the dress code policy....some drivers fought for the change and it happened...now u have the choice to wear pants or shorts...times change...policys change...we should have the right to choose if we want to have facial hair or not...why fight it?

Reread my post. I said that "I am not saying that it will never happen."

It is just not happening anytime soon. Been this way for over 100 years.

The shorts were a comfort issue. I had to deliver in 100 degree heat without the option of shorts. Drivers were dropping like flies due to heat exhaustion.

The shorts did help a little.

UPS allowing beards may come one day far, far down the road, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

And the problem with beards, is that it is too hard to police and say whether or not that fits into the guidelines.

Some guys look good with beards, George Clooney, for one. But how about these coming to your business in a UPS uniform.
1454390998277.jpg
1454391021862.jpg
1454391041995.jpg
1454391061678.jpg
1454391086829.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
If things keep going the way they are shaping up everyone will be forced to grow beards and wear towels on their heads. Give it time.

Jmups

And the problem with beards, is that it is too hard to police and say whether or not that fits into the guidelines.

Some guys look good with beards, George Clooney, for one. But how about these coming to your business in a UPS uniform.View attachment 67880View attachment 67881View attachment 67882View attachment 67883View attachment 67884

We're old and professional enough to know what's acceptable and presentable....u won't see drivers looking that ridiculous

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
We're old and professional enough to know what's acceptable and presentable....u won't see drivers looking that ridiculous

What company do you work for?

I'm not being judgemental, but have you seen the next generation with their eye bolts, nose rings, gauges, lip studs.

I am sure they think it is fine and want them accepted also. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

Allow beards and just wait and see what happens. What is acceptable to one person is not acceptable to another. It is far easier for a company to just disallow beards at all and then not have to deal with the fallout.

Just like tattoos and earrings. Easier to not allow them then to give the center manager the power to decide what is within the guidelines and what is not.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What company do you work for?

I'm not being judgemental, but have you seen the next generation with their eye bolts, nose rings, gauges, lip studs.

I am sure they think it is fine and want them accepted also. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

Allow beards and just wait and see what happens. What is acceptable to one person is not acceptable to another. It is far easier for a company to just disallow beards at all and then not have to deal with the fallout.

Just like tattoos and earrings. Easier to not allow them then to give the center manager the power to decide what is within the guidelines and what is not.
Saw a FedEx ground driver this Xmas with a beard ponytail and a freaking neck tat. Not a road I want to see ups venture down.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Funny they allow paedophile mustaches.. For all of you with mustaches you look ridiculous.

clean hairy

Really?
This many pages bickering about beards?
To me, it would seem more important to focus on the upcoming contract so we dont end up giving up any of what we have now.