UPS CEO: Thanks to automation, we're shipping more packages with the same number of people

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
staffing isn't the problem now, the problem is a ton of buildings are beyond their Peak capacity limits

from a pure volume perspective he's right we don't need more staffing than LY; from a capacity bottleneck or driver-turnover perspective we need more bodies lol
Need more bodies but don't want more bodies. They need to make their mind up.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Abney will give himself and his henchmen another 21% pay raise whether Peak succeeds or fails. He'll show up and get his picture taken with some people and he'll be convinced he's a great leader.

babboo25

Banned

Attachments

• A3E1DE7E-EB5C-4A50-A8B5-3F40B1A6F03B.gif
    A3E1DE7E-EB5C-4A50-A8B5-3F40B1A6F03B.gif
    2 MB · Views: 177

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Need more bodies but don't want more bodies. They need to make their mind up.
i mean, it really doesn't matter what Corporate says in regards to inside staffing, the Preload/Hub managers just hire to whatever they want anyways, the only thing that holds them back is turnover

drivers is a different story i'm out of the loop on what this years flavor is

babboo25

Banned
i mean, it really doesn't matter what Corporate says in regards to inside staffing, the Preload/Hub managers just hire to whatever they want anyways, the only thing that holds them back is turnover

drivers is a different story i'm out of the loop on what this years flavor is
We have 4 driver sups, between the 4 they have less than 3 months of driving experience, how exactly can they train new hires?

Observer

I think Abney is in a dream world. Does he not notice all of the advertisements and Amazon trucks on the road? In addition to all of the USPS garbage they put out there? They should have never signed the part where UPS drivers drop off packages at the P.O. - weren't they started to just deliver mail? This PVD problem is not going away. I don't think people realize until later - that their car insurance will cancel them if they are doing commercial deliveries. This should be the most interesting peak season ever. I don't think people will be spending as much this year. We will have to wait and see.