UPS Chelmsford COVID-19

Boston25

Here is a letter from Sean O’Brien regarding UPS CHEMA and COVID-19 pandemic.
upload_2020-3-28_3-11-20.jpeg

upload_2020-3-28_3-11-39.jpeg

542thruNthru

Here is a letter from Sean O’Brien regarding UPS CHEMA and COVID-19 pandemic.
View attachment 288629

View attachment 288630

I'm going to ask what local 542 has been asked many times... mainly because we are in the middle of a "post election protest".

What took so long for the union to demand these actions?

Though I have to say I'm proud of local 25 for sending this letter out and Sean O demanding he is attached to any communication. Our letters sent to the company were by our BA and the president of our local is not the voice I wish he was at this time.

Just curious on your thoughts and not trying to disrespect your local.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
If you have time study the reports on the recent "Princess Diamond" cruise ship outbreak...

Nearly 20 percent of the those (affected) WERE without symptoms, feeling perfectly normal.

Now translate those percentages to our current workforce and it's environment particularly with the young part timers who will more than likely show no ill effects with this virus (carriers) and some who could care less.

It would smarter for the company and the union to start pinpointing those who are at most risk of mortality (ages 50 +, or suffering from underlining illnesses) and put some effort into negotiating earlier retirement and or vacation restrictions for those eligible or paid time off on an individual case by case review if this does not break soon.

Any high end filter mask should be used for those in the Medical field and it is true that it will not help much those who are not affected, their main objective is to prevent the host from spreading the virus to others.

:sneezing:...:getwell:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
If you have time study the reports on the recent "Princess Diamond" cruise ship outbreak...

Nearly 20 percent of the those (affected) WERE without symptoms, feeling perfectly normal.

Now translate those percentages to our current workforce and it's environment particularly with the young part timers who will more than likely show no ill effects with this virus (carriers) and some who could care less.

It would smarter for the company and the union to start pinpointing those who are at most risk of mortality (ages 50 +, or suffering from underlining illnesses) and put some effort into negotiating earlier retirement and or vacation restrictions for those eligible or paid time off on an individual case by case review if this does not break soon.

Any high end filter mask should be used for those in the Medical field and it is true that it will not help much those who are not affected, their main objective is to prevent the host from spreading the virus to others.

:sneezing:...:getwell:
Your emojis must be at least six periods away from each other.
They are spreading this.

Boston25

I'm going to ask what local 542 has been asked many times... mainly because we are in the middle of a "post election protest".

Though I have to say I'm proud of local 25 for sending this letter out and Sean O demanding he is attached to any communication. Our letters sent to the company were by our BA and the president of our local is not the voice I wish he was at this time.

We had asked the company numerous times what they were doing about it. They just don’t take it seriously. I went into work last night after this letter was sent and management was scrambling like crazy handing out latex gloves etc. It is a little too late now. Management went around and were telling employees that it wasn’t even a confirmed case of COVID-19. Which it actually is 100% confirmed by the affected employee.

Boston25

I’m not 542 so I can’t really comment. Everyone kind of brushed it off I think in the beginning. Now it’s actually in our facility and now everyone is panicking.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I’m not 542 so I can’t really comment. Everyone kind of brushed it off I think in the beginning. Now it’s actually in our facility and now everyone is panicking.
Our facilities are a microcosm of the real world. Most people think it’s a joke, China, Italy, NYC....wgaf right? Til it’s up your nose and possibly killing your parents or older co workers. It’s a shame.

over9five

Staff member
Everyone kind of brushed it off I think in the beginning. Now it’s actually in our facility and now everyone is panicking.
As they should be. Unfortunately, that ship (protecting the employees) has already sailed. The virus is at Chema, hundreds are probably carrying it and don't even know.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
We had asked the company numerous times what they were doing about it. They just don’t take it seriously. I went into work last night after this letter was sent and management was scrambling like crazy handing out latex gloves etc. It is a little too late now. Management went around and were telling employees that it wasn’t even a confirmed case of COVID-19. Which it actually is 100% confirmed by the affected employee.

The company is more worried about the media finding out how full of crap they are than your safety. Our whiteboard pcm says dont talk to the media almost daily. The union is a joke because they haven't acted in our good faith from the beginning. The things he outlined should have been day one not a month later. We have allowed ups to let things go to :censored2: by not holding them accountable. This is on members just as much as it is on the union.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Why should the company care now they never have before. We are all cannon fodder,just a block on a ledger sheet. The facilities are the same s-holes they have always been. They have just posted signs in the lavatories about washing you hands where there is no soap or warm water.They have a live screen on entry into the building about covid precautions. It is all window dressing . To quote George Carlin "It all bull:censored2: and it's bad for you"

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The company is more worried about the media finding out how full of crap they are than your safety. Our whiteboard pcm says dont talk to the media almost daily. The union is a joke because they haven't acted in our good faith from the beginning. The things he outlined should have been day one not a month later. We have allowed ups to let things go to :censored2: by not holding them accountable. This is on members just as much as it is on the union.
The members are the union. Do you mean the union leadership?
It's true for some but not here. Blame the worthless "safety committees" who have pushed nothing. That's a great indication of what your committee is worth. Disband it if they've done nothing or have the local throw the worthless butt kissers off the committee and start over.

Boston25

Our facilities are a microcosm of the real world. Most people think it’s a joke, China, Italy, NYC....wgaf right? Til it’s up your nose and possibly killing your parents or older co workers. It’s a shame.
yeah I know it is a shame and the worst part is UPS hasn’t disclosed to any of the employees that people have tested positive for COVID-19. And some people who are too young they won’t even test them.

Boston25

Why should the company care now they never have before. We are all cannon fodder,just a block on a ledger sheet. The facilities are the same s-holes they have always been. They have just posted signs in the lavatories about washing you hands where there is no soap or warm water.They have a live screen on entry into the building about covid precautions. It is all window dressing . To quote George Carlin "It all bull:censored2: and it's bad for you"
That’s what we have in our facility it’s either our clueless package division manager or it’s power points on how to stay clean but they don’t care. It’s production over safety as always.

ManInBrown

The only time the union will care, is if it starts to affect their dues. Other than that, not only does UPS not care, the union doesn’t either, this is Sean getting on his pulpit and screaming, he doesn’t care about his members well being.