UPS Chelmsford COVID-19

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
And in 3 weeks to a month, we all MAY have masks by then, if they are approved for us...

They were trying to get preload and unload to sign something to wear a mask. I'm sure it was a release of liability or something but supervisors chasing people down for that. We ain't ever getting masks.

Boston25

They were trying to get preload and unload to sign something to wear a mask. I'm sure it was a release of liability or something but supervisors chasing people down for that. We ain't ever getting masks.
They weren’t doing that in our building.

Boston25

The only time the union will care, is if it starts to affect their dues. Other than that, not only does UPS not care, the union doesn’t either, this is Sean getting on his pulpit and screaming, he doesn’t care about his members well being.
If you knew him I don’t think you would say that.

Poop Head

Judge me.
*my opinion*
Right now, i think we all need to be showing up and getting it done like we always do. So in 2023 we can say, "We're the MF'in Teamsters. When everybody else was staying home and whining about that Chinese Flu, we showed up and got :censored2: done."

Fenris

It's an OSHA mandated form that spells out precautions and proper usage.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Your emojis must be at least six periods away from each other.
They are spreading this.
That's funny stuff.

The only time the union will care, is if it starts to affect their dues. Other than that, not only does UPS not care, the union doesn’t either, this is Sean getting on his pulpit and screaming, he doesn’t care about his members well being.
You keep saying "the union". Our local union has been on the phone since day one calling employers to find out what they are doing about sanitizing, recording temperatures, and making sure the mandates that the government put in place are being adhered to.

They're also involving the stewards to make sure the guidelines are obeyed.

These are new officers that actually worked decades as bargaining unit workers so they understand what's going on (and not going on) on the shop floors of these corporations.

Dont blame the union. Get a grievance form, fill it out, and then call the county health dept and write a letter to osha and sign it if the company is not adhering to state and federal mandates.

Stop griping about "the union" and do something. Someone has got to get some spine and fix your own local problems.

zimbomb

It's an OSHA mandated form that spells out precautions and proper usage.
It's for respirator use. These dimwit's went around to people wearing surgical masks and the like. People keep asking for impossible ppe. There simply is none to be had. What could be possible and effective is operational changes. Eliminate/reduce security screening and real shift speration, limit all interactions between work areas. Limit break area seating and capacity. Reduce outside employee's inside time to a minimum. A driver has no business inside a facility for more than 20minutes and their shifts should be staggered. These are simple measures that could be done with limited disruption and limited added costs.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
It's for respirator use. These dimwit's went around to people wearing surgical masks and the like. People keep asking for impossible ppe. There simply is none to be had. What could be possible and effective is operational changes. Eliminate/reduce security screening and real shift speration, limit all interactions between work areas. Limit break area seating and capacity. Reduce outside employee's inside time to a minimum. A driver has no business inside a facility for more than 20minutes and their shifts should be staggered. These are simple measures that could be done with limited disruption and limited added costs.
They eliminated pcms to reduce the congested meetings and now the drivers just stand in the same congested area until start time.
Why does management allow this and why are the drivers inconsiderate and so knuckleheaded?

40 drivers will have contact with about 20,000 people per week and when you start multiplying that while including their families and the people they come in contact with the total contact numbers are much more.

They whine about hand sanitizer being awol but don't try to comply with the 6 ft requirement when it's in their power to do it. I dont get it.

Dont blame the union. Get a grievance form, fill it out, and then call the county health dept and write a letter to osha and sign it if the company is not adhering tostate and federal mandates.
Yes you dont want the Union doing any work. You only pay them.

*my opinion*
Right now, i think we all need to be showing up and getting it done like we always do. So in 2023 we can say, "We're the MF'in Teamsters. When everybody else was staying home and whining about that Chinese Flu, we showed up and got :censored2: done."

that’s a great plan, but in 2 years the Unions coronavirus response will fall on deaf ears. UPS will have moved on by then.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Dont blame the union. Get a grievance form, fill it out, and then call the county health dept and write a letter to osha and sign it if the company is not adhering tostate and federal mandates.
Look idiot, post the rest of my statement instead of your trolling version.
Scum trolls like you dilute this forum. You are either stupid, ADD, or just a punk troll supervisor butt kisser.
Or all of the above.
You keep saying "the union". Our local union has been on the phone since day one calling employers to find out what they are doing about sanitizing, recording temperatures, and making sure the mandates that the government put in place are being adhered to.

They're also involving the stewards to make sure the guidelines are obeyed.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You realize what happens when you send a grievance form into the union hall, right?

Your argument is like complaining that the police do nothing about unreported crimes.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member