UPS Chelmsford COVID-19

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
show me where it states all grievances must be in writing and written by a single employee.
Show me where I claimed they must be "written by a single employee".
As for written?

Absolutely. That's page 32 of the stewards' handbook. It's the second step of the formal grievance process.
download (2).png

UPSER1987

Our facilities are a microcosm of the real world. Most people think it’s a joke, China, Italy, NYC....wgaf right? Til it’s up your nose and possibly killing your parents or older co workers. It’s a shame.

Of course, this is correct. UPS is doing no more or less than any other employer. People just like to complain- flavor of the month. See the posts and grievances about hygiene; that was never a concern because there’s no money in it. Employees been :censored2:ting and pissing on the floor forever. Now there’s outrage. Now it’s a thing. Take care of yourself...that’s our responsibility

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
That's funny stuff.

You keep saying "the union". Our local union has been on the phone since day one calling employers to find out what they are doing about sanitizing, recording temperatures, and making sure the mandates that the government put in place are being adhered to.

They're also involving the stewards to make sure the guidelines are obeyed.

These are new officers that actually worked decades as bargaining unit workers so they understand what's going on (and not going on) on the shop floors of these corporations.

Dont blame the union. Get a grievance form, fill it out, and then call the county health dept and write a letter to osha and sign it if the company is not adhering to state and federal mandates.

Stop griping about "the union" and do something. Someone has got to get some spine and fix your own local problems.

I spoke with an osha duty officer explained to her Im a ups driver and asked what obligations does my employer have to my coworkers and I? She said there is no regulations or federal law saying they need to provide any ppe(personal protective equipment) she said doctors can’t even get this because of how crazy people are acting. She did thank all of us who are in the :censored2:.

Boston25

It's good to hear these odd things happening elsewhere. ;) of course, things tend to look better from afar.
I love how you’re so miserable. If you’re so miserable and hate it just quit. Let someone else who wants to work every day and work their 8 hours take your job. You’ve been fired how many times? And came back every time. Save us all the headache of having to deal with your :censored2: and quit.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I spoke with an osha duty officer explained to her Im a ups driver and asked what obligations does my employer have to my coworkers and I? She said there is no regulations or federal law saying they need to provide any ppe(personal protective equipment) she said doctors can’t even get this because of how crazy people are acting. She did thank all of us who are in the :censored2:.
Your local health dept (depending on the state you're in) will deal with it.
Ours and neighboring health depts have been extremely ruthless with company noncompliance.
One dept north of us told the company to fix their noncompliance or they would shut down that ups facility.

The next day you would think it was Chernobyl.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Your local health dept (depending on the state you're in) will deal with it.
Ours and neighboring health depts have been extremely ruthless with company noncompliance.
One dept north of us told the company to fix their noncompliance or they would shut down that ups facility.

The next day you would think it was Chernobyl.

Im in Florida. How did you find info on your local health dept?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
@Mr.Blonde , a signed letter to osha will get a letter faxed to your facility. Even though osha is only traveling to investigate fatalities right now they will contact your facility and I guarantee that it will not be ignored.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Im in Florida. How did you find info on your local health dept?
Look it up online. See if the county health dept (or if there's a city health dept) has jurisdiction.
Call your Florida Department of Health and ask them who has jurisdiction over your area.
The info is available online.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
@Mr.Blonde , a signed letter to osha will get a letter faxed to your facility. Even though osha is only traveling to investigate fatalities right now they will contact your facility and I guarantee that it will not be ignored.

When I spoke with the duty officer she said they cant force anything just inform of the guidelines the cdc has put out. So what else can be done for compliance of a company?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
When I spoke with the duty officer she said they cant force anything just inform of the guidelines the cdc has put out. So what else can be done for compliance of a company?
Call your health dept. The duty officer at osha is deferring the issue back to the state authority.
Call them. It is effective here due to the Governor's mandates.