UPS Contract to be re-negotiated?

brown metal coffin

i honestly think one of the biggest reasons, besides healthcare, was the fact that ups has treated us all like a piece of machinery, worked us hard, late, with absolutely no regards to our well being or safety. I know ups has hever been a touchy, feel good company and thats not the issue. I know they have expected alot out of their employees in regards to every aspect of our jobs, that again isnt a problem for most and not an issue. Its just the relentless crap that people have had to deal with, including front line management, that do nothing in the big picture than to degrade the folks that help produce the profits in the day to day operations here. Ups folks want to see this company be profitable and to grow, we want to have the highest customer service possible each and every day...stop treating us like we are all the problem, like we caused the recession, that we caused fedex to be born and grow into what it is today, that we caused the high gas prices...it seems that in most cases the hourly care more about the customers than the folks that run this company...people are fed up with the harassment and micromanagement..and they have voted it loud and clear.

amen coldworld and i say again amen!

A

anonymous6

I honestly think one of the biggest reasons, besides healthcare, was the fact that ups has treated us all like a piece of machinery, worked us hard, late, with absolutely no regards to our well being or safety. I know ups has hever been a touchy, feel good company and thats not the issue. I know they have expected alot out of their employees in regards to every aspect of our jobs, that again isnt a problem for most and not an issue. Its just the relentless crap that people have had to deal with, including front line management, that do nothing in the big picture than to degrade the folks that help produce the profits in the day to day operations here. Ups folks want to see this company be profitable and to grow, we want to have the highest customer service possible each and every day...stop treating us like we are all the problem, like we caused the recession, that we caused fedex to be born and grow into what it is today, that we caused the high gas prices...it seems that in most cases the hourly care more about the customers than the folks that run this company...people are fed up with the harassment and micromanagement..and they have voted it loud and clear.

man, you hit the nail on the friggin head.

A

anonymous6

the problem is , is that the beatdowns, harassment, and micromanagement WORKS because we let it work because most people don't know how to stand up for themselves. Company knows that negative actions work in the short-term but have failed to look at the Big Picture and see the long term negative returns of this kind of behavior.

What the real waste of this type of business model begs this question. what kind of accomplishments could of been had if the company had used POSITIVE methods in employee relations??? the profits and long term benefits would of been astounding !

A

anonymous6

Re: Current Results - (Renegotiations???)

while growing up my Dad pounded it in my head to "DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!"

hall hasn't learned this lesson.

stink219

Stink, would you please set the record straight for those of us who are not as familiar with the process as you are? What is the status of the master agreement at this time? Will it be ratified as is or it will it be adjusted based upon the results of the adjustments of the 14 rejected supplements? I know that if it were only 1 or 2 supplements in question that the national would be approved and those locals affected would continue to work under their existing supplement until a new one can be approved. Will the national be held up until all 14 supplements are approved? What effect, if any, will this have on the negotiations at 705/710?
In simple terms, the master is a done deal. It just won't get signed until the supplement, riders and addendum's are solidified. And because the TA technically won't have a signature on it until the supplements are done, there is an opportunity for it to be changed. But I seriously doubt that will happen though. I've been informed that only the supplements voted down will be worked on. The affected locals will meet with the international negotiating committee to find out where they are failing. Here in NE we are preparing to work under the new contract as of 8-1-13. 705/710 won't effect our contract. They are in their own deal. I'll have more information for you probably by Wednesday.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
TDU's argument is that the supplements were rejected because of root unhappiness with the master, which will cause a de facto renegotiation. They've backed off the language they used last night.

In simple terms, the master is a done deal. It just won't get signed until the supplement, riders and addendum's are solidified. And because the TA technically won't have a signature on it until the supplements are done, there is an opportunity for it to be changed. But I seriously doubt that will happen though. I've been informed that only the supplements voted down will be worked on. The affected locals will meet with the international negotiating committee to find out where they are failing. Here in NE we are preparing to work under the new contract as of 8-1-13. 705/710 won't effect our contract. They are in their own deal. I'll have more information for you probably by Wednesday.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
TDU's argument is that the supplements were rejected because of root unhappiness with the master, which will cause a de facto renegotiation. They've backed off the language they used last night.

The logic does make some sense. Considering if the central goes down your talking approx 2/3 of the country will have rejected their supplement.

There were a few parts of the country that were very strong yes votes. Outside of these places it was 50/50 or even leaning no.

BrownBrokeDown

Also, do you know if they had any disqualified ballets, or did some people vote on supplements and not on the TA? Can the published numbers change? I came across some where the TA votes did not have the same amout total as the supplement. From the teamster website:
Local 516 TA yes:181 TA no:45 (226 total), supplement yes:180 suplement no:48 (total 228)

stink219

I'm sure they did. They jump the gun and use extremism, that is my issue with them.

stink219

How long do you expect it will take to get the supplements, riders and addendum's hashed out?
Expect it to be quick. They will have conversations with the locals of each rejected supp. They will want to know what will get a YES. I will tell you, it won't be a health care issue. That's over now.

stink219

Also, do you know if they had any disqualified ballets, or did some people vote on supplements and not on the TA? Can the published numbers change? I came across some where the TA votes did not have the same amout total as the supplement. From the teamster website:
Local 516 TA yes:181 TA no:45 (226 total), supplement yes:180 suplement no:48 (total 228)
Sometimes people won't vote on one or the other because of lack of full knowledge on issues. So instead of guessing, they don't vote at all.

BrownBrokeDown

Since the TA itself is basically a done deal, :sick:, let me ask a couple of you stewards something. Stink, 407, Piedmont specifically, since you guys seem to have some info. Noone in my local, including the ba at the contract meeting, has been able to explain the progression pt raises under the new contract. We will be getting the gwi of $0.70 Aug 1st, but are we still getting the progression raises on our hire dates? Also, if so, will we receive both until we are out of progression?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Since the TA itself is basically a done deal, :sick:, let me ask a couple of you stewards something. Stink, 407, Piedmont specifically, since you guys seem to have some info. Noone in my local, including the ba at the contract meeting, has been able to explain the progression pt raises under the new contract. We will be getting the gwi of $0.70 Aug 1st, but are we still getting the progression raises on our hire dates? Also, if so, will we receive both until we are out of progression?

Part timers with seniority before August 1st will be entitled to the GWI's rather than the smaller progression raises. If at any time they would have been entitled to a higher pay rate via the PT progression, then they will be bumped up. For example: PT Joe has seniority before 8/1/13. He receives the GWI and is bumped up to $10.70/hour. If he would have been making $11.00/hour under the PT progression, then he would receive that extra $0.30 whenever he was slated to receive his progression raise.

The "new" progression (in the 2013-2018 TA) will apply to PT'ers that attain seniority after 8/1/13.

A

anonymous6

TDU was wrong saying the contract has to be reneg. the IBT would be under no obligation to reneg the master if it passes. they just have to redo the supplements.

now if they wanted to do the RIGHT thing they could reneg the master but the company would never allow it ( and the courts ). the reneg supplements should be stronger.

opie

If a supplement is voted down 3 times. The IBT must conduct a strike vote for those members covered under the supplement.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

If your BA couldn't explain that u new a new BA. Really very simple. Sound like a lot of people could use new leadership.