UPS Contract to be re-negotiated?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah I looked it up. It looks like the south pushed this through. Look at the numbers. Sure there were locals in other places that voted yes largely but break it down by region. The south voted so far yes it over took everyone else's no.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Re: Current Results - (Renegotiations???)

Teamster latest vote count without Local 89 results in

33405-Yes 57%
25448-No 43%

TDU is reporting 34,740 "NO" vs 37,624 "YES"

Not sure how this was tallied up.. I think that might include the Local 89 votes on the Central Region supplement/master without the votes on the Air Rider.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Close enough to send a message I do believe.

Now it's revised back to 33,405 "YES" vs 25,448 "NO."

Guess someone forgot to carry the 2. :surprised:

Lol

Still doesn't change the fact that a few areas not affected by the changes to healthcare voted this in. This is big news. Along with the freight contract going down in flames. Surprised I have not seen an article on this from one of the large news sources.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Expect it to be quick. They will have conversations with the locals of each rejected supp. They will want to know what will get a YES. I will tell you, it won't be a health care issue. That's over now.

So you're saying hall is going to launch a world tour performing his hit "I'll do anything for a YES vote... but I won't do that."

stink219

Expect it to be quick. They will have conversations with the locals of each rejected supp. They will want to know what will get a YES. I will tell you, it won't be a health care issue. That's over now.

So you're saying hall is going to launch a world tour performing his hit "I'll do anything for a YES vote... but I won't do that."
Supplements are individualism nature. Thus the word supplemental.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

But you need to ratify the supplements in order to ratify the master. If people are taking their frustration on the master out on their supplements, how do you propose getting them to pass without significant changes that potentially affect the master? Or do the Teamsters have the ability to force a YES vote...?

rudy5150

Teamsters have had enough! If UPS wants out of healthcare make some serious raise offers and add a catch up raise for part timers. That might get supplements to pass! Raises like $1.10, $1.10, $1.10, $1.20, $1.20 no split raisees, and add $1.00 "catch up raise for part timers"

beentheredonethat

yup part timer 7 years i voted NO! Just looking out for my future after I pay my dues. H needs to fight harder for our TA.

Question for you. If the contract is not ratified, and their is uncertainty.. Don't you think shippers will divert? If they do, what do you think that does to your prospects of going full time?

rudy5150

If shippers divert ups and hoffa can blame themselves.....they had how many months to work out a fair contract. Dont worry about going full time worry about protecting yourself now with a solid contract. Full time will come.

brown_trousers

Question for you. If the contract is not ratified, and their is uncertainty.. Don't you think shippers will divert? If they do, what do you think that does to your prospects of going full time?

With the exception of amazon, I havent heard of any of our big customers showing concern.... but I bet that will all change if we get too close to the august 1st deadline without a ratified contract.

That could be devastating to those waiting to go full-time. If we lose a few big customers, it could easily double the seniority it takes to bid to a full-time position. And that is the real retirement issue, we need to be getting into full-time positions earlier in our career so that we can retire earlier. I dont want to still be working when im 70 years old because I spent too many years part-time.

Lets hope Hoffa and UPS get their act together to resolve this as soon as possible!

stink219

But you need to ratify the supplements in order to ratify the master. If people are taking their frustration on the master out on their supplements, how do you propose getting them to pass without significant changes that potentially affect the master? Or do the Teamsters have the ability to force a YES vote...?
The master is done. It's just not signed. They prob won't address that. If people are just NO voting out of spite, they may be forced into a supplement.

stink219

The master is done. It's just not signed. They prob won't address that. If people are just NO voting out of spite, they may be forced into a supplement.
Is that really in the bylaws? Who determines if the vote is out of spite?
Your local. They will be asked what changes to the "supplement" will satisfy an agreement. If that answer has to do with the master, then that holding ratification hostage.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
The main concern in the Southwest was and continues to be Healthcare. Our Southwest Rider, covering 7 locals in southern California, 691 in Las Vegas, 104 in Arizona and 492 in New Mexico (a total of 10 locals on superior Company Health Plans) went down hard: 4,455 to 1,746. Thousands of people in our region didn't receive ballots. Others received them the day before, the day off and days after the vote count began on 6/20. The margin would have been a lot larger if everyone would have received a ballot. The rest of the Western Conference on union health plans voted Yes, with maybe 2 or 3 locals going NO. But being so much bigger in the Southwest, we overrode the rest of the locals in our region.

At our meetings we were told that there was an Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to give us until November 1st to let us carve-out our Western Conference Health Fund or else default into the C6 Plan aka TEAMCARE. The members didn't buy it, as the MOU states that it was subject to approval by Ken H and UPS if and when we had the carve-out. The Southwest members believed that MOU didn't guarantee us anything and so we organized against our local officials, passed out literature and convinced the members to turn it down.

All we are asking now is that we get our own Western Conference or Southwest Health Fund done before we can give them a YES vote. If this demand is not met, we will again organize to turn it down.