Ups could abolish Amazon

jalnar

The one advantage of our technology is,YOUR DRIVER MADE A DELIVERY AND TORE UP MY YARD. When they pull you into the office to fire you for an unreported accident,and your reply is,I WAS NOT AT THAT HOUSE TODAY. They investigate and find your are telling the truth(no :censored2:),but many people ASSUME we delivery everything. Amazon has changed that playing field.So technology does help us VVVVVVery little,but in this case it saves a union driving job.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They expanded during the great recession and recovery. Ttku....
Amazon wasn’t invested into shipping nearly as much as they are now, and didn’t own an entire grocery chain. Not to mention more than half the states gave Amazon an unfair advantage over brick and mortar stores, no taxes.

Last edited:
You can't pay people 54 to 90 dollars to deliver 10 packages and make money.
91fEJqgdsnu4E.gif

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Alaska, Montana, Delaware, Oregon and New Hampshire do not levy statewide sales taxes and thus remain exempt from taxes on Amazon.
True, was speaking strictly from states that do charge tax.

Pro tip: If you purchase something from a seller that is fullfilled by Amazon or a third party seller not in your state, you can avoid the taxes. Sometimes the item is the same price that’s sold by Amazon, saving you your tax rate.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

True, was speaking strictly from states that do charge tax.

Pro tip: If you purchase something from a seller that is fullfilled by Amazon or a third party seller not in your state, you can avoid the taxes. Sometimes the item is the same price that’s sold by Amazon, saving you your tax rate.

I support the collection of sales tax on all Internet transactions.