ups discussions

Holydriver

I could be like you. An "ex" ups employee with a small dick who still hangs out on a ups forum and tries to talk "shop" when he no longer works there.

You're like the 30 something year old who hangs out in high school parking lots trying to pick up girls.
Yea. And my "small dick" is because of my posting a tax return proving your ignorance wrong. But the 5 or so times you mentioned making $100k had nothing to do with your giant penis, huh? Come on man, get it right buddy. It's like your mean avatar. A young tough carrying a large rifle. Yea man, I've seen it all before. What kind of truck do you drive?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Yea. And my "small dick" is because of my posting a tax return proving your ignorance wrong. But the 5 or so times you mentioned making $100k had nothing to do with your giant penis, huh? Come on man, get it right buddy. It's like your mean avatar. A young tough carrying a large rifle. Yea man, I've seen it all before. What kind of truck do you drive?
Hahaha! This is hilarious. First off, the reference to 100k was to being a ups driver which is what the discussion entailed, not posturing my salary. It's what I make and what is also part of the job. I'm not the idiot posting his tax returns to show how much better off he is. Except you posted your return from last year when you were employed by ups. Which shows just how stupid you are. You knock the job and post a claim of it as part of your earnings. Like I said, post next year when it's 50k or so less.

And my avatar is a picture of the punisher. I'm a fan of the comic. Like I said, you're an idiot. Also I don't drive a truck but we have 3 cars you can choose from. The lexus RC friend sport, the Mercedes G wagon(which I'm sure my wife won't let you drive) or the Audi.

You're just so stupid that it has become comical now.

Keep going. I'm sure your replies will bring more entertainment for us "keyboard warriors".

Haven't you signed up for the forum that represents your new amazing career yet?

Last edited:

Holydriver

Hahaha! This is hilarious. First off, the reference to 100k was to being a ups driver which is what the discussion entailed, not posturing my salary. It's what I make and what is also part of the job. I'm not the idiot posting his tax returns to show how much better off he is. Except you posted your return from last year when you were employed by ups. Which shows just how stupid you are. You knock the job and post a claim of it as part of your earnings. Like I said, post next year when it's 50k or so less.

And my avatar is a picture of the punisher. I'm a fan of the comic. Like I said, you're an idiot. Also I don't drive a truck but we have 3 cars you can choose from. The lexus RC friend sport, the Mercedes G wagon(which I'm sure my wife won't let you drive) or the Audi.

You're just so stupid that it has become comical now.

Keep going. I'm sure your replies will bring more entertainment for us "keyboard warriors".

Haven't you signed up for the forum that represents your new amazing career yet?
I like you. You're cool. We should be friends.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Not every center is like this and some have strong locals that do fight and win.

It's all in how you play the game. Documentation is your friend. Use all your time off and 8 hour days. Get on 9/5 list and enforce it. Coach the rookies to work smart, not kill themselves. Take your full lunch between 1pm-2pm.

Do that and you'll be amazed how much easier it is. Learn the fine art of detachment and thick skin.

Give back what you get. And redirect the BS.

You know all everything that a upper union person does just filters downs to a newbie. File a 9-5 and get less stops just gets put on someone else. It really don't effect ups one way or the other. They give you more stops then someone has to come out and help. Also you can document anything you want but the truth is they can fire you and not even take your documentation into consideration. The people who fire you are the ones that are at your hearing.

Delivery!!!

I personally think 4 years to top rate is a big one. But even worse is the lack of any sick/personal/vacation days in the first year. I understand the idea of putting in your time to earn your keep, but for an employer that demands so much physically PLUS the excessively long hours, not allowing someone time off for a year is crazy.

Also, in a time when having insurance is a requirement in order to be a law abiding citizen, the fact that the company doesn't offer insurance for a year is outrageous. The two incentives to work are insurance and money, and the company doesn't offer insurance in a time when it's a legal requirement? That's ridiculous

No time off in the first year? I lost track of how many rounds of golf I played on the days I wasn't needed. You sound like a millennial.

Faceplanted

Best of luck in your future evdevours holydriver

In my opinion people are hating cause they are actually jealous you got out and didn't get trapped. I'm a strong minded individual, I beat ups at their game on a daily basis but we have to swallow our pride and admit ups gets to us more often than a normal job would.

You make 100k you will live like you make 100k

You make 60k and work less you can get by just as good. Your house might be 400sq foot smaller and you car 7k cheaper but the world won't end.

The only reason I'm at ups is because of my wife and i making the decision to not have children, it's impossible to be the best parent u can be working 50 hours a week.

Like I said best of luck holydriver, people will hate, and most people on here will hate because they didn't have the courage to turn down the sure bet at ups for a bit risk, but way more reward somewhere else.

Re-Raise

Damn, you guys sure make this job sound a lot tougher than I think it is. Some people have real problems in this world.

Everyone complains about overtime. It is $1 a minute to carry a box up to a porch and set it down!?!? I am glad I never had to settle the west or storm a beach with all of you cry-babies !

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You know all everything that a upper union person does just filters downs to a newbie. File a 9-5 and get less stops just gets put on someone else. It really don't effect ups one way or the other. They give you more stops then someone has to come out and help. Also you can document anything you want but the truth is they can fire you and not even take your documentation into consideration. The people who fire you are the ones that are at your hearing.
Maybe by your experience , but that's not what I've seen.

Usually those management personal who fire people for no reason or documentation don't last long.

Faceplanted

Damn, you guys sure make this job sound a lot tougher than I think it is. Some people have real problems in this world.

Everyone complains about overtime. It is $1 a minute to carry a box up to a porch and set it down!?!? I am glad I never had to settle the west or storm a beach with all of you cry-babies !
This is problem... For some reason it's "female vagina" to complain about anything because we make so much money...

Meanwhile ups is now harassing is more and more, every year there new metrics of which we are being harassed by, the union is getting weaker and weaker, yet of anybody brings this FACT up they are automatically called female vaginas and told to man up cause we get paid so good

I can handle the job no problem, i just get tired of working 50-52 hours a week every week, I'm on the 9-5 list and they don't care, I get extra money but at the end of the day I would rather just be home by 7 which isn't much to ask for.

For being the 9-5 list I get harassed more than other, I play their game well. Greviences for harassment all the time but one has to take a step outside of the box and realize I'm actually not winning anything. Just protecting my self from a discharge which is 10x more likely than other drivers because I enforce the contract and file a lot. Nobody should have any piece of their mind that knows how they will receive more harassment for enforcing an agreed up contract but sadly that's how it works ups

Orion inc.

I like turtles
This is problem... For some reason it's "female vagina" to complain about anything because we make so much money...

Meanwhile ups is now harassing is more and more, every year there new metrics of which we are being harassed by, the union is getting weaker and weaker, yet of anybody brings this FACT up they are automatically called female vaginas and told to man up cause we get paid so good

I can handle the job no problem, i just get tired of working 50-52 hours a week every week, I'm on the 9-5 list and they don't care, I get extra money but at the end of the day I would rather just be home by 7 which isn't much to ask for.

For being the 9-5 list I get harassed more than other, I play their game well. Greviences for harassment all the time but one has to take a step outside of the box and realize I'm actually not winning anything. Just protecting my self from a discharge which is 10x more likely than other drivers because I enforce the contract and file a lot. Nobody should have any piece of their mind that knows how they will receive more harassment for enforcing an agreed up contract but sadly that's how it works ups
In a strong center or even local, I think the harassment eases off. It depends on the personality of the DM or center manager. I've worked under some awesome ones and some real :censored2: bags. The bad ones usually don't last.

I think it comes down to the individual as well. If you come in, do your job safely by the methods and are consistent in taking care of the customer, I think you see the harassment fade. You play the game and pick and choose your battles. If they want to fight about everything , you give back to them. Eventually they stop.

The long hours and hard work were part of the job when we all signed up. You know it going in. You have to find your own ways to balance it or you end up getting frustrated and quitting like Mr holy driver.

Bullies and harassment respond to strength. The stronger you are, the less they will do that.

Re-Raise

Sorry you're upset but I have never felt harassed and I have worked a lot harder.

You do realize that you can be fired at most non union jobs just based on your manager's whims? We have more protection against hatassment than most jobs.

I never take my job home with me where a lot of professionals I am friends with are constantly working on their jobs during their supposed "free time" or forced to travel.