UPS, DUI, UNION, PANEL

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
He should have transferred to an inside job as soon as he got the ticket. They cant terminate until you are convicted.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
One of my buddys got a DUI last year and UPS made him join SAP program and he just got a second DUI this year. Both off the job. He was terminated and has to go to panel in Dec. Has anyone had to go through this? What should he expect at panel?

Hope you enjoyed your time @ UPS

He should have transferred to an inside job as soon as he got the ticket. They cant terminate until you are convicted.

Wow.... and people believe this stupid :censored2:.

Read Article 35 of the NMA

PACNW

It's strictly a mercy case. There is no language or compelling case the union can make the will WIN him his job back. He'd have to be completely honest, already have completed an in patient program before panels, and have an impeccable discipline record. It would also depend on what other cases are being heard at panels at that time. In theory if the rep wanted to go out on a limb, he could trade a couple of lost cause cases (theft usually) to try to save your friend. Even with all that, it would still be highly unlikely he gets his job back.

Integrity

Binge Poster
One of my buddys got a DUI last year and UPS made him join SAP program and he just got a second DUI this year. Both off the job. He was terminated and has to go to panel in Dec. Has anyone had to go through this? What should he expect at panel?
Has your “buddy” admitted he needs to stop drinking, assuming that the substance of choice?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
The jealousies is oozing out of you
If I knew what that word you were trying to type was I may have gotten upset by that post, drinking and posting in a thread about someone who gets fired for being a filthy disgusting alcoholic
200w (3).gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It's strictly a mercy case. There is no language or compelling case the union can make the will WIN him his job back. He'd have to be completely honest, already have completed an in patient program before panels, and have an impeccable discipline record.

Beg for mercy all you want.... the Panel will follow the language.

It would also depend on what other cases are being heard at panels at that time.

BS.

Every case is heard, and based on its own merits.

In theory if the rep wanted to go out on a limb, he could trade a couple of lost cause cases (theft usually) to try to save your friend.

Absolute BS.

Even with all that, it would still be highly unlikely he gets his job back.

He's done.

And that's the way it is.... contractually.

-Bug-