UPS eating FEDEX up?

Packageguy82

FedEx grounds network continues to get faster so where do you think some of the express volume is going. Ground may not offer an overnight service but in many markets is getting one and two day deliveries.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
After completing my 220th stop, my next one was for the local Ground driver. He commented on how late I was out. He said he had a grand total of 38 stops for his day.

ManInBrown

Ground driver on my route has an 90% empty truck every day at 11am. How do I know that you ask? Because he leaves it running with the back door up at every stop, for anyone to steal anything they want. Straight truck. Back to the topic. I asked him one day why his trucks empty so early. He said he starts pickups early

FedGT

Ground driver on my route has an 90% empty truck every day at 11am. How do I know that you ask? Because he leaves it running with the back door up at every stop, for anyone to steal anything they want. Straight truck. Back to the topic. I asked him one day why his trucks empty so early. He said he starts pickups early
My bulk truck at 11:00 when I was driving it would have at the most 1-2 stops and 100 packages left in it if I wasn't done . I'd go out with 600 packages but only had 13 buildings for delivery(19 delivery stops) did have to go to 6 cities.

dvalleyjim

Sure seems like they are stomping us in the ground...We have no freight and UPS just keep booming. When does Fred and the boys start to take freight, just to have freight, and not worry bout margins? We have 40,000 employees at express with something to do, just not enough to do!!! They will tell you get sales leads lol lol lol whatever they need to get the accts.. They have the power to cut deals. Was told 15 years ago express would be a" niche" company lol. Think the upper crust would like to cut all routes just so ground could have the business so their "margins look good"..Its seriously has gotten to be a joke at express...Where do they find these managers?????? lol lol lol Thoughts? Oh p.s. wouldn't it be great they would buy us 20 year+ employees out?

All your freight is going to ground. Wake up! We are busier than last peak! You are losing to illegal labor practices!

dvalleyjim

don't judge ground volume by straight trucks. They are an anomaly. and your right. Nobody at ground gives a damn about package security.

McFeely

Huge Member
Ground driver in my area couldn't shut the rear door on his truck yesterday (because his contractor wouldn't fix it after him complaining about it numerous times).

He had to drive back to his depot with the rear door open for the entire drive. Can't wait to see that on YouTube :lol: