UPS flavor of the week

UPS4Life

Just curious if/what other areas around the country are constantly being watched for as we call the flavor of the week.

-One week it was people getting written up for not stopping before pulling out the back gate.

- Making sure you have your keys with you was a big one for awhile.

-Now we keep getting messages on the ivis about doing these safety certifications. Procedures of backing, tier 3 certification, distracted driving and so on.

It's just annoying, it seems like every week it's something different. Interested in hearing what others have to deal with from time to time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They have the "big wheel of management". Where it stops, nobody knows.

Don't worry about today, because tomorrow it will be something different.

Typical situation: "We got to lower send-agains, go back later and get rid of them". One week later: "Forget send-agains, we got to lower the paid day, don't go back"...

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Ours are generally to busy doing hourly work to worry about following up on the FOTM. There's a reason why sups shouldn't be doing hourly work, it is spelled out in the contract for their benefit as well. The mentality of "do more with less" transcends into management as well, the result is the current culture of treating symptoms, not the disease.

MaceFremonti

Use both hands on the tractor hand rail -
(at your end range of motion and even if the 200 row you are dropping your load on is on a slight incline and the driver's door keeps closing on top of you.)

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It's all a game, they hate all of us including management cause they think we make too much money lol. Management can't be that stupid n think they actually like them too. Everybody is just a puppet in the game, WHATEVER BUCK IT lol

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
- Making sure you have your keys with you was a big one for awhile.
Only time drivers pull keys in the yard at our building is when an auditor or the DM is there.

Flavor of the week for us is Left in Buildings. If you have one it's an immediate call to the DM to explain why it happened and how you're going to fix it.

I can already tell you next week for us it will be misloads. Gone through the roof here as the week progressed.

UPS4Life

Started my day with 2 messages about some safety procedure that needs done and one about taking your full meal!

Half way through my day I get another about all drivers are suppose to take their full meal if approved for partial it must have an edit slip signed by the dispatcher or it's invalid.

Give me a break, I really wish we could all stick together and meal between 3.5-5 but I don't hold my hopes very high on that.

PrimeUPS

If you are in an ORION center, expect a few flavors of trace and DEMO.
If you're not an ORION center (and even if you are) make sure you're taking your lunch and make sure you're not driving those 5 miles and 20 minutes out of the way to get to that McD's.

UPS4Life

they are forcing retirees back to work at my center. short handed.
Forcing?? I have heard of calling and seeing if they wanted to come back for peak but to flat out force them to come back? I don't know if you could pay me enough. I guess if I was retired and broke I wouldn't have a choice.