UPS Freight targeted by Teamsters

O

oldupsman

Mac,
The way I see it this whole thing is falling into place just the way you want it too. And I agree but it will be too late to help me. There is no doubt in my mind that the new contract will include some kind of 401k match. I mean just no doubt. By agreeing to this the teamsters solve 2 big problems. Getting the overnite guys to join the union(with UPS permission of course) and solving their own pension mess. Who's going to vote aganist a 401k match? Nobody.And why wouldn't UPS give it's drivers the same thing it's going to give to the overnite guys. Of course it will come at the expense of getting less of a raise per hour but who won't agree to that? Nobody. And it takes away the only card the AWPA has. UPS really doesn't want anything to do with the AWPA. It's a nice thing to have to rub in junior's face but if the driivers voted to decertify you can bet UPS would do all it could to stay union free. I think your dream is going to come true. IMHO

undercoversupe

Overnite won't go union. Not all of Management is bad at UPS. Most are, but a few really try to make a difference. Really, for you long timers, how is it today compared to 15 years ago?

trucker06

hey is there any ups freight people out there that feel that we need the union in order to stop the brainwashing that overnite has done for the longest time???:confused:1

Buckethead

trucker06 said:
hey is there any ups freight people out there that feel that we need the union in order to stop the brainwashing that overnite has done for the longest time???:confused:1

Have they been brainwashing you guys at Overnite?

Dutch Dawg

undercoversupe said:
..... Not all of Management is bad at UPS. Most are, but a few really try to make a difference. Really, for you long timers, how is it today compared to 15 years ago?

UPS management on all levels that I'm exposed to appear today to have less empowerment and from them I sense a greater degree of apathy and hopelessness with regard to making changes for the better at their level.

Unfortunately the heirachary within UPS management as it appears to me looking on appears to have a high degree of intolerance for error from subordinates. There's nothing wrong with high expectations in a chain of command. However, sometimes I sense supervisors are so busy looking over their shoulder to avoid the wrath that they're left with little energy to contribute to the workplace and the company as a whole.

mittam

OVERNITE DRIVERS SEE apwa DONT GO WITH THE teamsters, YOU GUYS DO NOT WANT THIS LACK OF REPRESENTATION CORRUPTION, THE LIES THEY SPREAD, OR THE BACK STABBING THEY DO THE BROKEN PROMISES, YOU ALL KEPT THEM OUT BEFORE DO IT AGAIN BEST OF LUCK HOPE YOU ALL VOTE APWA

Buckethead

OVERNITE DRIVERS SEE apwa DONT GO WITH THE teamsters, YOU GUYS DO NOT WANT THIS LACK OF REPRESENTATION CORRUPTION, THE LIES THEY SPREAD, OR THE BACK STABBING THEY DO THE BROKEN PROMISES, YOU ALL KEPT THEM OUT BEFORE DO IT AGAIN BEST OF LUCK HOPE YOU ALL VOTE APWA

No thank's, I already have a paved driveway. check the link.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Yes 401k is great at overnight! Whats your hourly rate? hows the medical benefits?Hows all the technology treating you? you will need the teamsters!

mittam

noone needs the teamsters they need everyone they can get stay away from the evils of the corrupt teamsters union

705red

Browncafe Steward
As a fellow teamster i can honestly say we had some of the same problems i have read about on this site in chicago! We voted them out and its alot better in 2, 2and half years later. Sups not workig as much grievances winning 9.5 double pay im proud 2 be a teamster once again!!!!!!!!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
noone needs the teamsters they need everyone they can get stay away from the evils of the corrupt teamsters union
Then vote out your local union and or hoffa, and lets see if theys a change? We didnt have alot of these problems with ron carey remember the good old days?

T

Thebrowntruth

We didnt have alot of these problems with ron carey remember the good old days?

Ron Carey good old days? Please tell me this was a typo. If he was going down he was going to portray himself as some type of hero and take UPS with him. Everyone still gets paid with a check that says UPS dont they? He invented the strike for one and only one reason...and if you think its because "part time america wont work" you need to pick up your phone because bigfoot is calling to sell you some swamp land in florida, home of the loch ness monster, thrown in with no extra charge

mittam

Ron Carey good old days? Please tell me this was a typo. If he was going down he was going to portray himself as some type of hero and take UPS with him. Everyone still gets paid with a check that says UPS dont they? He invented the strike for one and only one reason...and if you think its because "part time america wont work" you need to pick up your phone because bigfoot is calling to sell you some swamp land in florida, home of the loch ness monster, thrown in with no extra charge
what is your opinion of why Carey led us out on strike? Was it the pension deal or his last stand against UPS because he knew he was going down or both ? Or do you have another reason,just curious heard a lot of different opinions?

southerngrits

UPSFreight Greenville SC

I vote APWA