UPS Leadership are you there?

542thruNthru

There too busy Transforming Management and non-union folks out of money. They are too focused on financial contraction than financial expansion. They don't understand if you starve the horses they don't gallop.

There is no clear definition of what the real "Transformation" Plan is. Its just a buzz word shrouded with uncertainty. The only thing that has been shown is forced retirement, cutting jobs, cutting spending to the breaking point, and stealing already earned vacations. Transformation has only shown us disrespect and disgust, and you expect these people to lead us?

Lol Corporate employees... "horses"

Lol!!

Easier replaced then Drivers. ;)

Remind me again about the "on time network"( 30 min later start times and late air everyday) and I'll tell you how the "partners" will figure out a way to screw it up.
The on time commitment is guaranteed through peak, which we were able to do, amazon can’t promise next day shipping without the use of UPS. They don’t have any planes, they don’t own any freight. The only way things would get screwed is if FT drivers called out with no coverage drivers thus decreasing route splits and increasing loads per truck. I’ve heard of sups delivering packages because of lack of drivers, but on of that has to do with amazon.

They simply can’t compete. Their business model was good for the buyer, not to great for them though.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
The on time commitment is guaranteed through peak, which we were able to do, amazon can’t promise next day shipping without the use of UPS. They don’t have any planes, they don’t own any freight. The only way things would get screwed is if FT drivers called out with no coverage drivers thus decreasing route splits and increasing loads per truck. I’ve heard of sups delivering packages because of lack of drivers, but on of that has to do with amazon.

They simply can’t compete. Their business model was good for the buyer, not to great for them though.
Dude all amazon has to do is build a few more buildings in each state and they will have the same capability as ups.
Ups is nothing more then trucks and buildings.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
upload_2019-5-30_16-9-1.jpeg
Our future

Popeye

I think you need to expand your world view a little. A good start would be reading about "vertical integration". It may change your thoughts on Amazon's business model as it relates to UPS. ;)

If competing with Amazon was our plan, why did we hire a Chief Transformation Officer from Wall Mart? If there was a company that was well positioned to actually compete with Amazon, they were it. Instead, much like UPS, they watched as Amazon has disrupted their business model and are now trying to play catch up. The biggest issue we have with trying to compete is our ridiculous corporate mentality and the fact, through their decisions, are driving talent out and away from UPS. You can't continue to treat your people like crap and expect good results.

Popeye

If competing with Amazon was our plan, why did we hire a Chief Transformation Officer from Wall Mart? If there was a company that was well positioned to actually compete with Amazon, they were it. Instead, much like UPS, they watched as Amazon has disrupted their business model and are now trying to play catch up. The biggest issue we have with trying to compete is our ridiculous corporate mentality and the fact, through their decisions, are driving talent out and away from UPS. You can't continue to treat your people like crap and expect good results.

Very true. UPS senior “leadership” is from a generation where the way to move up was not to be a visionary and improve how things are done and identify what new things should be done. The way to move up for YEARS has been a&& kissing and doing things the same way they’ve always been done “better” than others. Mostly a&&kissing though. So here we are with no senior leaders who have ever had an original thought in their lives and nobody to tell them exactly what to do and how to do it. Maybe Abney has figured this out and his solution is all these senior outside hires. Senior outside hires are probably a good idea. Not sure about the ones he’s picked though. Just look at the stock price. Mid 60s right after the IPO 20 years ago and mid 90s yesterday. Something needs to change in a big way.

Bamboozled

Says the guy with horses in his avatar

Wow you CLOWNS cant even read. I never said Corporate. I wrote "Management and non-union folks". Horses meaning Management and non union folks. Read it again below:

There too busy Transforming Management and non-union folks out of money. They are too focused on financial contraction than financial expansion. They don't understand if you starve the horses they don't gallop.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Very true. UPS senior “leadership” is from a generation where the way to move up was not to be a visionary and improve how things are done and identify what new things should be done. The way to move up for YEARS has been a&& kissing and doing things the same way they’ve always been done “better” than others. Mostly a&&kissing though. So here we are with no senior leaders who have ever had an original thought in their lives and nobody to tell them exactly what to do and how to do it. Maybe Abney has figured this out and his solution is all these senior outside hires. Senior outside hires are probably a good idea. Not sure about the ones he’s picked though. Just look at the stock price. Mid 60s right after the IPO 20 years ago and mid 90s yesterday. Something needs to change in a big way.
Never should have gone public. Didn't need to.