UPS loses Costco account

W

WestCoastBrown

Amazon will destroy ups
I seriously doubt this. News outlets keep saying this, but Amazon would need to catch up on over 114 years of experience and logistics. To even put this on a small scale perspective, UPS from what I recently learned has been in business with China since 1988 and has ties with Alibaba as a shipping partner. Alibaba is like the Chinese Amazon.
https://www.ups.com/assets/resources/media/knowledge-center/China_How_to_Guide_July_2018_FINAL.pdf

BrownStains

Maybe ups has been in business for 100 years but in only a few years of time amazon has built a shipping company that can rival ups, at the same time ups is helping them do it. And they will keep building because they have the massive investment to put the infrastructure in place. Look at how much of ups volume is amazon. Imagine if they pulled the plug on that. Ups would lose significant volume, maybe 50% of volume. Amazon Logistics parcel volume will surpass UPS and FedEx by 2022, Morgan Stanley says

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Maybe ups has been in business for 100 years but in only a few years of time amazon has built a shipping company that can rival ups, at the same time ups is helping them do it. And they will keep building because they have the massive investment to put the infrastructure in place. Look at how much of ups volume is amazon. Imagine if they pulled the plug on that. Ups would lose significant volume, maybe 50% of volume.
We’re all gonna be working for Bezos one day

Overpaid Union Thug

Maybe ups has been in business for 100 years but in only a few years of time amazon has built a shipping company that can rival ups, at the same time ups is helping them do it. And they will keep building because they have the massive investment to put the infrastructure in place. Look at how much of ups volume is amazon. Imagine if they pulled the plug on that. Ups would lose significant volume, maybe 50% of volume. Amazon Logistics parcel volume will surpass UPS and FedEx by 2022, Morgan Stanley says
People been saying that for years and years and will be saying it for years. But it woll not happen
Oddly theres lots of denial about this on this forum. And probably in every center in the country. And many UPSers cutting their own throats by continuing to use Amazon. I guess no different than the average American that is too lazy to recognize Amazon for what they really are.

W

WestCoastBrown

I went ahead and read your article, but I see a lot of 'could/surmises' and 'US based.' It also highlights and cites how Amazon is seeing the cost being footed to itself in regards to its overnight shipping and 2 day, and this isn't even mentioning how it is only focusing on its OWN products being shipped. Again, I don't see Amazon being a threat in terms of being a world wide parcel service for other products, other than what is sold on Amazon. Here is the citation from your own article linked, within an article. Amazon shipping spend jumps 46% as 1-day costs mount

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Exactly. Another feeder driver told me we lost Macy’s. Huh? Never once dropped an empty there or picked up a load.
We have a Costco distribution warehouse by my building. It’s easily 2 1/2 feeder jobs. Might not sound like a lot but start multiplying that around the country then add on top of that the other jobs that will be effected.

It’s really embarrassing seeing the horse blinders some you have on.

We have a Costco distribution warehouse by my building. It’s easily 2 1/2 feeder jobs. Might not sound like a lot but start multiplying that around the country then add on top of that the other jobs that will be effected.

It’s really embarrassing seeing the horse blinders some you have on.
I wonder how many jobs was lost due to dropping Grainger?

My building loss a few but that was only our local Grainger warhorse and before them relocating to the Central Valley. It was after that move when they diverted to Fedex. I can only imagine how many jobs were lost in Paterson from that.
Just in my package car I probably averaged 15 to 20 pieces a day from them

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Not anymore FedEx got that account
Yeah it’s truly incredible how the big picture continues to get lost in the shuffle. All of these lost accounts equal lost jobs. Plain and simple.

I remember after the strike, Tupperware told us to pound dirt then went to RPS then FDX Ground once that acquisition was complete.

Guys were singing the same tune of “ they’ll be back”….well last I checked it’s been 25 years and they still ain’t back.