UPS Racing

SoyFish

Cool if Bowyer would be sponsored by UPS...I actually like Clint. Reutimann on the other hand...doesn't run so well. Top 20's don't give you tv time, but top 10's will :)

I think Richard Childress is doing damage control. He has not denied UPS at all. Here is the short interview with RC.

CAN YOU TALK ABOUT JACK DANIELS AND THEIR FUTURE AND WHAT THEY HAVE MEANT FOR YOU AS A SPONSOR?
"Jack Daniels is a great sponsor, and we have them on the car for next year and that is all about I can say about it right now."
WHY DO WE KEEP HEARING ABOUT UPS BEING ADDED TO THAT CAR?
"I don't know, I don't write those things."
WILL UPS BE INVOLVED WITH RCR NEXT YEAR IN SOME CAPACITY?
"Right now I can't comment on anything with UPS because I am not involved right now with all of that."(GM Racing PR)(7-11-2008)

Another update

UPDATE 5: been told that UPS will NOT be going to Richard Childress Racing as a sponsor on any of their cars but will head to Stewart Haas Racing in the 2nd car with Ryan Newman as the driver. Look for Newman to be named as Stewart's team mate at Indy when SHR announces Office Depot as the sponsor for Stewart, but UPS won't be announced until a later date.(7-12-2008)

JustTired

free at last.......
Another update

UPDATE 5: been told that UPS will NOT be going to Richard Childress Racing as a sponsor on any of their cars but will head to Stewart Haas Racing in the 2nd car with Ryan Newman as the driver. Look for Newman to be named as Stewart's team mate at Indy when SHR announces Office Depot as the sponsor for Stewart, but UPS won't be announced until a later date.(7-12-2008)

If the above is true.....once again UPS will play 2nd fiddle. They can't beat out Office Depot to get Stewart? Whether you like Stewart or not, his commercials for Home Depot are usually pretty good. He is a good spokesman for his sponsor, but that being said, it does not come without risk. He has been on the hot seat a few times but seems to have been on good behavior recently. His biggest liability is that he can be brutally frank and very vocal when he discusses what he thinks is wrong with Nascar.

I'm not a Stewart fan, by any means. But I believe between him and Newman, he would be the better choice.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If the above is true.....once again UPS will play 2nd fiddle. They can't beat out Office Depot to get Stewart? Whether you like Stewart or not, his commercials for Home Depot are usually pretty good. He is a good spokesman for his sponsor, but that being said, it does not come without risk. He has been on the hot seat a few times but seems to have been on good behavior recently. His biggest liability is that he can be brutally frank and very vocal when he discusses what he thinks is wrong with Nascar.

I'm not a Stewart fan, by any means. But I believe between him and Newman, he would be the better choice.

I am not a NASCAR fan by any means but I do enjoy the Coke commercials w/Tony Stewart.

If the above is true.....once again UPS will play 2nd fiddle. They can't beat out Office Depot to get Stewart?

I love the idea of UPS on Stewart's car. I also agree with you about him being a better choice than Newman. But the possibility is that Stewart's price is too high for UPS. Remember Office Depot left Edwards because his price went up close to the 25-28 million range. The only way they can afford Stewart is to share the car (as a primary sponsor, not an associate) with Old Spice so its not a matter of only beating out Office Depot. I may be wrong here but I do believe UPS wants to be the primary sponsor all year instead of splitting the year like The Guard and Mountain Dew are doing with JR. Just my two cents:happy2:

rocket man

Indy racing I belive they are more sincere, nascar is good but its so far from its roots being a enduro and demo driver its hard to relate.to nascar . indy cars have always been on the edege. When im in ormond i do go to daytona take the tour ect . I just belive the smart moneys on indy cars world wide exposer all year round.but our company puts money on what ever. they should buy new pkg cars if dhl is leaving the market.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I was up at the races in Loudon a couple weeks back. I swear I was at a Home Depot convention. Stewart is at the top of popularity meter with DE JR. (Swear I saw the word AMP in my sleep after that weekend)

To team with Stewart and Newman would put UPS on the racing map once again. But honestly, I hope they go to Gibbs and partner with Logano. The kid can race and everyone knows it. He and Kyle Busch will own Nascar in 5 years

(but, it looks like he'll be in the Depot 20 next year)

helenofcalifornia

Like Tourist said, the possibility of UPS joining up with Logano, when Hamlin is Fedx is next to nil. But that would be exciting. We will probably get some dud with no personality.