UPS Racing

govols019

You smell that?
I'm sorry but I'm far from anointing Lagano as the second coming seeing as how he hasn't run a single Cup race yet. Remember Casey Atwood, "the next Jeff Gordon"?

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
What about sponsoring the truck series, Craftsman is done at the end of this year. I don't know what Nationwide paid to sponsor the Busch series but I bet we could get the trucks for a reasonable amount. Being the series sponsor offers many more opportunities than car sponsorship!

It looks like no one listened to my idea. Kobalt Tools is supposedly going to sponsor the Truck Series.

JustTired

free at last.......
It looks like no one listened to my idea. Kobalt Tools is supposedly going to sponsor the Truck Series.

Your talking about sponsoring a series that has very few races on network tv. While a lot of diehard racing fans follow the trucks, it doesn't have the mass appeal that the Sprint cup or even Nationwide series has. Take a look in the stands at most truck races. I'm sure they've looked into it and the "numbers" just aren't there.

I'm telling you that Stewart would be the one. Of course, they didn't get Jr. when I suggested that. So, I guess they aren't listening to me! :surprised:
No surprise there!!

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Your talking about sponsoring a series that has very few races on network tv. While a lot of diehard racing fans follow the trucks, it doesn't have the mass appeal that the Sprint cup or even Nationwide series has. Take a look in the stands at most truck races. I'm sure they've looked into it and the "numbers" just aren't there.

You are right about fewer fans but all the Truck races are on Speed and they are so much better than the Cup races. I always look forward to going to the Truck races because they are better and not as long!

rushfan

I feel UPS gained more attention sponsoring the Nag than they ever made with NECKCAR. I hope they are putting more $ into Triple Crown sponsorship instead of a loosing venture like NECKCAR.

upsdude

UPS Dude, where the heck did you ever find that article? Good info on sponsorship and its dollar value by individual drivers.

I found out about them a few years ago when I first worked for Nascar. Calm down, it's not what you think. I worked in the Weekly Series, local tracks where most of the guys think they are the next Jeff Gordon. Their parents know they're the next Jeff Gordon. LOL.

Last edited:

upsdude

So UPS dude, where did you find that article? Any more like that? I like NASCAR stuff, as you can tell.

As you probably gathered from the article, Joyce Julius goes out there and finds the value sponsors are getting for their money.

As far as me “finding” the information, it’s out there to be had. I’m no longer in the “loop” as far as daily email reports but the info can be found, Google is your friend.

upsdude

I enjoy messing with rednecks. jk

Cain't bee leave youd talk bout me and my old lady like dat!
a-back.jpg

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
What about sponsoring the truck series, Craftsman is done at the end of this year. I don't know what Nationwide paid to sponsor the Busch series but I bet we could get the trucks for a reasonable amount. Being the series sponsor offers many more opportunities than car sponsorship!

Two months later look what is posted on Jayski's: Maybe I should buy some Lottery tickets today..

UPS Interested in Truck Series Sponsorship? Craftsman announced late last year that it would not return as title sponsor. The start of the post-Craftsman era officially begins in six months, but a sponsor has not emerged. Another tool manufacturer, Lowe's Kobalt Tools, was reported for much of the summer to be the front-runner, but dropped out in recent weeks..... They'll be eager, but they won't be desperate. There is a difference between the two. NASCAR doesn't get desperate, they don't need to be desperate. They'll wait until they find the right overall package, but I'm sure they're in deal mode more today than five months ago." [said Zak Brown, CEO and founder of Just Marketing, an Indianapolis-based marketing group with various motorsports clients.] Where might that deal lead? Brown said the likely candidates remain companies that would fit the rugged, masculine image of the Truck Series, not unlike the current sponsor, Craftsman. One of his clients -- UPS, a company famous for its trucks -- is said to be intrigued and looking at the series. (ESPN.com)(8-15-2008) Comment here