UPS Racing

Cementups

Box Monkey
There was an annoucement a cuple weeks ago that the Truck Seris will probably be sponsored by Kobalt Tools. I'm sure if UPS outbids them then it could become reality but I don't see it.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
There was an annoucement a cuple weeks ago that the Truck Seris will probably be sponsored by Kobalt Tools. I'm sure if UPS outbids them then it could become reality but I don't see it.

Kobalt has backed away from sponoring the series, I deleted that part of the article.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
It's Saturday morning and #44 qualified in the top 10 for the race at Michigan and the web site has not been updated yet! Who's in charge for updateding the site? It's time for progressive discipline to start!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's Saturday morning and #44 qualified in the top 10 for the race at Michigan and the web site has not been updated yet! Who's in charge for updateding the site? It's time for progressive discipline to start!

But you were still able to find out that #44 qualified at #7 w/o going to the website. All I had to do was read my morning paper.

Dutch Dawg

At the time of this post, there were 4 pages of this thread, which leads me to believe in spite of this topic not really having an impact on our jobs with UPS. It is just the same a topic that many employees are passionate about.

What an excellent opportunity this could be for upper management at UPS to actually allow the peons to become marginally involved in this decision to promote an atmosphere of unity or cohesiveness amongst us all.

When you get right down to the nitty gritty of NASCAR sponsorship for a corporation, it's all about image and exposure. Why not let the employees provide feedback on UPSer.com through a poll?

To allow an employee to participate in a poll through this means could be an empowering experience for all.

Yea...I know it's a pipe dream, but should it come to pass I'd like free tickets to Bristol for suggesting the idea...:happy-very:

By the way it's looking more like a Rousch Fenway/UPS match up.

addendum: I'd also need the time off to actually go to the race... that probably ruined my chances right there, didn't it?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
But you were still able to find out that #44 qualified at #7 w/o going to the website. All I had to do was read my morning paper.

It just shows that UPS Racing doesn't care about this race team anymore and can't wait to "jarrettize" the next UPS driver. :funny:

BTW, UPS rumors keep jumping around the internet like Linsey Lohan in Vegas. I hope it doesn't get itchy in Atlanta

Retired22

The latest rumor is UPS will join Stewart/Hass Racing and become the sponsor of the number 4 Ryan Newman. This will be a co-sponsership with Army and Burger King.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm pretty sure UPS doesn't want to split a sponsorship with another advertiser. That's why they are shopping around for a good/better fit.

upsdude

The latest rumor is UPS will join Stewart/Hass Racing and become the sponsor of the number 4 Ryan Newman. This will be a co-sponsership with Army and Burger King.

"What can a brown army whopper do for you?"

If we end up as sponsor on a Chevy team I'll wear one of the T-Shirts.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
From UPSer's .com:

At this time, UPS is working to finalize its team sponsorship plans for 2009 and will make an announcement once those plans are complete. We wish David Reutimann and the Michael Waltrip Racing Team well in their future endeavors.

Looks like THE TRUCK is leaving MWR. Are we going to Roush/Fenway or are we going to sponsor the Truck Series?

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
UPS image ??? = Bobby Labonte!!! Said that two months ago. UPS doesn't care they will make another stupid decision. Mgmt. at its finest.