UPS Rising just announced it PASSED by Default.

Hroller

I realize I'm just one guy.
But I hate being made a fool of.
friend the Teamsters if this actually passes.
In all honesty, they sound like a bunch of parrots that are already being made fools of.

35years

Gravy route
STATEMENT FROM SEAN O’BRIEN ON THE REJECTION OF UPS NATIONAL MASTER AND UPS FREIGHT CONTRACTS – Teamsters Joint Council 10 New England

From Sean O'Brien...

"Hoffa has set the table to argue he is required to implement the contract under the Teamster Constitution. THIS IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE. It is time for our General President to stand with the members, not the company."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They are not required to accept it as ratified. They can choose to accept it as ratified or renegotiate.

Yolo

The Committee fully intends to demand that UPS return to the bargaining table to address a number of member concerns with the National Master UPS Agreement. We will keep you informed. However, based on the results announced this evening, the National Master UPS Agreement has been ratified. Additionally, regional and local supplements and riders were tallied and the National Negotiating Committee will follow up with those committees to move forward.

The entire National Master UPS Agreement is not final until all of the Supplements and Riders have been resolved. Accordingly, the NNC is prepared to assist the Supplemental Negotiating Committees secure another contract offer that will be presented to the affected membership.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
STATEMENT FROM SEAN O’BRIEN ON THE REJECTION OF UPS NATIONAL MASTER AND UPS FREIGHT CONTRACTS – Teamsters Joint Council 10 New England

From Sean O'Brien...

"Hoffa has set the table to argue he is required to implement the contract under the Teamster Constitution. THIS IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE. It is time for our General President to stand with the members, not the company."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They are not required to accept it as ratified. They can choose to accept it as ratified or renegotiate.

Seems to me that if the company refuses to reopen negotiations, then they could impose it. We'll see, it's an interesting time to be alive.

browned out

I don't know how to opt out in Michigan. Here is a website that shows how to opt out for another local. I know it's a Janus type case re govt workers. But there is a procedure on how to opt out in RTW states. Teamsters 117 IT IS A SHAME THAT IT MAY COME TO THIS BUT THIS IS NOT A UNION WORKING FOR ITS MEMBERS.

DOK

The Committee fully intends to demand that UPS return to the bargaining table to address a number of member concerns with the National Master UPS Agreement. We will keep you informed. However, based on the results announced this evening, the National Master UPS Agreement has been ratified. Additionally, regional and local supplements and riders were tallied and the National Negotiating Committee will follow up with those committees to move forward.

The entire National Master UPS Agreement is not final until all of the Supplements and Riders have been resolved. Accordingly, the NNC is prepared to assist the Supplemental Negotiating Committees secure another contract offer that will be presented to the affected membership.

Wrong, back to the table for both the master and locals that were turned down. Hoffa would be basically serving his last term if he pushed this through, he’d never get re-elected.

Tony Q

Seems to me that if the company refuses to reopen negotiations, then they could impose it. We'll see, it's an interesting time to be alive.
Dummies like Sean O’Brien who pushed for his settlement to be voted yes on our gonna be able to do anything to change anything from the master now. That’s a :censored2: move.