UPS shutting down 138 hubs nationwide

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I would call your Business Agent at Local 728. I imagine if what you are saying is true, Feeder drivers would be able to follow their routes to another building. I would guess Tifton Hub might be turning into Tifton Center and the package routes would stay there. I have high friends in P-Dale that let me know what is going on and I've heard nothing about this. I have heard rumors of a new building going up between Griffin and Macon, maybe the Forsyth area.

I would call your Business Agent at Local 728. I imagine if what you are saying is true, Feeder drivers would be able to follow their routes to another building. I would guess Tifton Hub might be turning into Tifton Center and the package routes would stay there. I have high friends in P-Dale that let me know what is going on and I've heard nothing about this. I have heard rumors of a new building going up between Griffin and Macon, maybe the Forsyth area.
We've got in touch with Matt Higdon and he's supposed to be helping us out. We felt like we needed more representation. They are having a panel in Daytona right now. First it was supposed to be seven routes cut and then it changed to 7 cut and 9 move to Smart and 3 to pdale. We can follow the work on those 12. One of our drivers talked to Thomas at pdale last night, and no, he didn't know anything about it. The whole thing is just weird because nobody seems to know anything about anything.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I retired out of the Forest Park Hub and it has a small Feeder Department there also, I don't know how that would work into this. I think we had a Tifton run from there. SMART and Pleasantdale are both a long way from Tifton, about two hundred miles.

Michael Scott

Anyone know what happens to drivers who don’t have their own route when this happens? Not sure how you could follow your work ifyou run a different route everyday. Its like 8 years before you get a route in my center.

I retired out of the Forest Park Hub and it has a small Feeder Department there also, I don't know how that would work into this. I think we had a Tifton run from there. SMART and Pleasantdale are both a long way from Tifton, about two hundred miles.

Yeah it's a long way. Most of us are small town South Georgia people and aren't exactly big on the idea of moving to Atlanta. Trying to stay positive about it though. The bigger thing was about the amount of hubs they told us were closing. Why would they even tell us that? No one else seems to be hearing that. The whole thing is just a little fishy

Anyone know what happens to drivers who don’t have their own route when this happens? Not sure how you could follow your work ifyou run a different route everyday. Its like 8 years before you get a route in my center.
I would imagine you could follow the work based on seniority order. If you're full-time and it makes it to you, then you would have that option. Regardless of if you have your own route

Box Ox

The bigger thing was about the amount of hubs they told us were closing. Why would they even tell us that? No one else seems to be hearing that. The whole thing is just a little fishy

Maybe to make you think it’s a widespread thing. Maybe pushback and making more paperwork for them is less likely if you think it’s happening everywhere and is normal and/or inevitable. Maybe you’ll just go do something else instead of trying to fight for your job. Doesn’t matter whether it’s true or not.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
At the end of the day you follow your work and/or displace some 1 year wonder.
Probably a tall tale, best guess Is they are (making reductions) in (management positions) at 138 (centers) (temporarily until November) (and somebody whose satellite was cut for a few weeks likely wins a grievance to be paid for mileage to travel to the hub for that period of time)