Ups startign at 23 an hour for package handler in areas with low cost of living and 14 50 with areas of high cost of living

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
They are somewhere around $18-$20 an hour at my hub. Can't get anyone to stay. The problem isn't the pay. It's not the conditions. It's not the amount of work.

The problem is poorly trained supes who can't load a truck themselves. They do not care about this company and it shows. Take my belt for example. The training area is the heaviest area on the belt. Their opinion is that if they can make it there then they can make it anywhere. Sounds good but..........when you throw their dick in the dirt from day one, while talking to them like :censored2:, poorly training them if at all, offer them no help whatsoever and wonder why they quit after a week.

Pay is not the issue. Part time supes are the issue.

rickyb

What's the deal with UPS starting much at a much higher rate of pay for part timers in some areas. Is this a temporary thing or is it permanent and going to go back down soon?
the free market is absurd it pays speculators millions of dollars in income and scientists and teachers an average income

TeltBender

They are somewhere around $18-$20 an hour at my hub. Can't get anyone to stay. The problem isn't the pay. It's not the conditions. It's not the amount of work.

The problem is poorly trained supes who can't load a truck themselves. They do not care about this company and it shows. Take my belt for example. The training area is the heaviest area on the belt. Their opinion is that if they can make it there then they can make it anywhere. Sounds good but..........when you throw their dick in the dirt from day one, while talking to them like *, poorly training them if at all, offer them no help whatsoever and wonder why they quit after a week.

A buddy of mine told me that he was never trained on how to read the labels for miss sorts. Apparently tenders are only people in the building who get in trouble for a miss sorts.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member

The problem is poorly trained supes who can't load a truck themselves. They do not care about this company and it shows. Take my belt for example. The training area is the heaviest area on the belt. Their opinion is that if they can make it there then they can make it anywhere. Sounds good but..........when you throw their dick in the dirt from day one, while talking to them like *, poorly training them if at all, offer them no help whatsoever and wonder why they quit after a week.

Yep. Extremely poor training. Also, good amount of these guys aren’t sup material to begin with.

nWo

Imagine starting a new job and your coworkers are seething that your pay rate is too high. And you have no benefits. And you don't get holiday pay. And some entitled driver comes in cursing at you because his load isn't flawless. And some hs dropout pot head in a polo tries to write you up because you went to take a piss. And then you get your paycheck and the union decided to deduct the entire $500 initiation fee all at once. Meanwhile the payrate they negotiated for you is legitimately lower than minimum wage. Yeah I'd quit too.

There's plenty of other opportunities out there for people. They don't have to put up with a crap job for crap pay.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Imagine starting a new job and your coworkers are seething that your pay rate is too high. And you have no benefits. And you don't get holiday pay. And some entitled driver comes in cursing at you because his load isn't flawless. And some hs dropout pot head in a polo tries to write you up because you went to take a piss. And then you get your paycheck and the union decided to deduct the entire $500 initiation fee all at once. Meanwhile the payrate they negotiated for you is legitimately lower than minimum wage. Yeah I'd quit too.

There's plenty of other opportunities out there for people. They don't have to put up with a crap job for crap pay.
Some do
Mainly the ones that can’t pass a piss test
For a lot of places that’s a no go

possibleparrot381

Maybe it's because I'm in a right to work state but I never heard of initiation fee

542thruNthru

Least that Ontario has water
F8C2EA02-DD97-41AA-A23E-E8824D86A664.gif