Ups startign at 23 an hour for package handler in areas with low cost of living and 14 50 with areas of high cost of living

Kingofthenorth

Imagine starting a new job and your coworkers are seething that your pay rate is too high. And you have no benefits. And you don't get holiday pay. And some entitled driver comes in cursing at you because his load isn't flawless. And some hs dropout pot head in a polo tries to write you up because you went to take a piss. And then you get your paycheck and the union decided to deduct the entire $500 initiation fee all at once. Meanwhile the payrate they negotiated for you is legitimately lower than minimum wage. Yeah I'd quit too.

There's plenty of other opportunities out there for people. They don't have to put up with a crap job for crap pay.
UPS is a union, the largest union in America. They should start their part timers at a good wage. It's the entire point if a union.

unloady

I am curious if the starting pay will keep going up with the next contract. I wouldn't be surprised.
I hope all of my union brother and sisters get a good pay raise this contract. I hope the part timers get involved and make an impact, we deserve a piece of the pie as well for our hard work.

unloady

Bootlicker
While wages should be a primary focus of a union, there are lots of other important things a union provides. Pension, great healthcare, improved working conditions, and job security. Access to the grievance procedure with representation when it comes to shortages of pay, discipline, and tyrant supervisors with ridiculous production standards. I can’t think of another part time entry level job that provides these things.