UPS STRIKE IN AUG?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Posters all over the Memphis Hub and what several mgrs told a bunch of us in my first few years. But I guess it was all a lie. We should've known someone like you who knows better would come along and invalidate our experiences.

I never denied that you saw posters or were told something by your manager. However, you think your experiences were representative of something greater than they were.

Thank you so much. No really, I mean it, if it weren't for you I'd of died thinking the molehill was a mountain. I'm humbled before your magnificence. Please take your lips off your boss's rump long enough to accept my acknowledgement of your obviously higher intellect. And thank you again for staying with FedEx long enough for me to collect my pension for surely it would've crashed and burned without you. Huzza! Huzza!

Dude, you went all in on something based on a poster and what a manager told you and gave that more weight than all other information that's out there. You sound like a hillbilly rattling off a "My daddy always said" old wives' tale that isn't true but you cling to it because daddy was always right about everything and he would never lie.

vantexan

I never denied that you saw posters or were told something by your manager. However, you think your experiences were representative of something greater than they were.

Dude, you went all in on something based on a poster and what a manager told you and gave that more weight than all other information that's out there. You sound like a hillbilly rattling off a "My daddy always said" old wives' tale that isn't true but you cling to it because daddy was always right about everything and he would never lie.
FedEx felt strongly enough about the need to encourage everyone to do their best because, as the poster that they had made said, "we are in a dogfight." Did I run down to the library and research the companies represented on that poster? No. I took them at their word. If you go back in this thread I mentioned that Emery was highly regarded. I wouldn't characterize that as all in. What it comes down to is we've had clashes in the past where I've strongly disagreed with statements you made questioning people's sanity, knowledge, cognitive ability being just couriers, etc. Of course you'll deny it now but you can be a pretty arrogant. But I digress. If I hear over a few years multiple managers talk about Emery, if the company considers them a serious competitor, and you weren't even there, why then should I take your word over everybody else's? And why do you feel the need to shoot down everything I post? Maybe not everything, but it seems like it sometimes.

Oldfart

Not quite. You're a special kind of dumb.
You got ran off of from the company while I am slowly transitioning to retirement. You continue to stay on a forum and talking about events that you have no idea the facts and are proven wrong time after time. How smart does that make you? Not very. Bummer.

How many all beef patties are on that Big Mac? Did they go over that in your training?

bacha29

Tentative 5 year deal in place requiring rank and file approval. Full time drivers will earn $40 an hour during final year of the contract. Hybrid drivers will get $ 34.79.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm amazed they're outraged. If someone paid me that much when they said jump I'd say how high?
It’s not the pay they’re outraged about. It’s the hybrid driver and how it will effect the current and future drivers. Plus, nothing addressed the constant harassment they have to deal with.

It will be fine

It’s not the pay they’re outraged about. It’s the hybrid driver and how it will effect the current and future drivers. Plus, nothing addressed the constant harassment they have to deal with.
Sounds like they want to be like Express. Have drivers load their own trucks and go out delivering for a few hours at lower pay with the same thing on the back end. Come in do some pickups and then unload. Sounds like a terrible idea for full timers.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Sounds like they want to be like Express. Have drivers load their own trucks and go out delivering for a few hours at lower pay with the same thing on the back end. Come in do some pickups and then unload. Sounds like a terrible idea for full timers.
Exactly. And for the hybrid drivers. They’ll never reach the top full time rate and what’s to stop UPS from moving more and more work to the lower paid drivers screwing the FTers that want OT. And who knows, eventually phasing out the regular FTers for the lower paid hybrid drivers. Not to mention, that’s less money put into their pension funds.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Same as the obsolete courier-handler position I was hired under at Express. No more than half your hours could be onroad.

vantexan

Exactly. And for the hybrid drivers. They’ll never reach the top full time rate and what’s to stop UPS from moving more and more work to the lower paid drivers screwing the FTers that want OT. And who knows, eventually phasing out the regular FTers for the lower paid hybrid drivers. Not to mention, that’s less money put into their pension funds.
At some point the reality of competition from FedEx Ground has to be faced. If Ground gains more and more market share UPS will have to cut corners somewhere. If not now it'll definitely happen in 5 years.

Oldfart

Same as the obsolete courier-handler position I was hired under at Express. No more than half your hours could be onroad.
We still have 6 or 7 courier handlers at our station. All of our straight truck drivers are courier handlers. Couple of our offloaders as well. Jump out of the can and run an occasional bulk. Also a couple of shuttle drivers at the station.

It will be fine

After the tentative agreement was put out today, I don’t think they will be cooling off anytime soon. I don’t have a good feeling about this one.
It’s pretty strange that the teamsters think they need to give anything back this contract. With unemployment where it is and the economy wide truck driver shortage, and the corporate tax cuts, now is the time to go for the throat.