UPS Towed My Car From Employee Parking Lot

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
No need to apologize, but let's pretend that ups had nothing to do with this for the moment. At some point your car was going to go , what were your backup plans for when your car is disabled? (Everyone here has a backup plan to get to work if your car doesn't cooperate for whatever reason, right?)

Mine is more of a "bike" up plan.:wink2:

backinbrown

respect my authority
Ummm.........NO. Crap, I need to find some wood to knock on.

go to a pay weekly place for a car:greedy:

do you have any freinds that works on vehicles?

be cheaper than a garage.:sick:

someone at ups must work on vehicles:smart:

one of the pre-loaders were i drive out of i use as a my mechanic:peaceful:

A

anonymous6

Well, Pick-Up , You are exactly right. I'm an old Boy Scout and our motto is "Be Prepared" which has kept me in good stead most of my life.

I did not mention that my main vehicle is a 99 Outback that overheated on me 2 weeks ago and that is probably a head gasket.

hense, I have been using the beater every day. I have been using it to go to work the last 6 yrs , ( off and on ) usually in the winter months ( rather wreck it in a snowstorm than the Outback )

That leaves me with another Subaru ( not registered ) that I have been working on to give to my son for his birthday. He told me to use it yesterday but it needs work to put on road. So, I will do that for a back up.

So, I did have a back up plan but I needed a back up plan for the back up plan for the back up plan.........

A couple drivers have even offered me a place to stay since i live over 40 miles from the hub till the main car is fixed ( i;m looking close to a $2k bill to do it right )

upsers really come thru when they are needed. makes me feel real good in this bad situation.

thanks

A

anonymous6

go to a pay weekly place for a car:greedy:

do you have any freinds that works on vehicles?

be cheaper than a garage.:sick:

someone at ups must work on vehicles:smart:

one of the pre-loaders were i drive out of i use as a my mechanic:peaceful:

good advice, since they cut the mechanics back to 40 hrs some time ago, i'll ask around if any want some side work.

thanks

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Well, Pick-Up , You are exactly right. I'm an old Boy Scout and our motto is "Be Prepared" which has kept me in good stead most of my life.

I did not mention that my main vehicle is a 99 Outback that overheated on me 2 weeks ago and that is probably a head gasket.

hense, I have been using the beater every day. I have been using it to go to work the last 6 yrs , ( off and on ) usually in the winter months ( rather wreck it in a snowstorm than the Outback )

That leaves me with another Subaru ( not registered ) that I have been working on to give to my son for his birthday. He told me to use it yesterday but it needs work to put on road. So, I will do that for a back up.

So, I did have a back up plan but I needed a back up plan for the back up plan for the back up plan.........

A couple drivers have even offered me a place to stay since i live over 40 miles from the hub till the main car is fixed ( i;m looking close to a $2k bill to do it right )

upsers really come thru when they are needed. makes me feel real good in this bad situation.

thanks

Sounds like you'll be ready for a group cruise, in say, 14 months?:wink2:

ih8tbrn

Banned

I quess the moral of this story could be...........stay away from Subaru.

Last edited:
A

anonymous6

:wink2:
I quess the moral of this story could be...........stay away from Subaru.

I get 30 mpg plus and live in snow country.

The beater is the champ with 307,000 miles. I have 2 others with 175k ( outback ) and 171k that just needs some minor work to put back on the road.

Retired another 1984 Subie about 5 yrs ago with 277,000 miles.

I think I'll stick with Subaru. Just ran into a bad patch.

"I'm a victim of circumstances".......Curley Howard:wink2:

P

pickup

Yeah, I figured it was something like that . Its like when a hospital decides to work on its backup generator and that's the night there is a blackout and then it turns out the other backup generator aint up to the task.

backinbrown

respect my authority
:wink2:

I get 30 mpg plus and live in snow country.

The beater is the champ with 307,000 miles. I have 2 others with 175k ( outback ) and 171k that just needs some minor work to put back on the road.

Retired another 1984 Subie about 5 yrs ago with 277,000 miles.

I think I'll stick with Subaru. Just ran into a bad patch.

"I'm a victim of circumstances".......Curley Howard:wink2:

I was lost had to look up curly howard

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
orangputeh

1. find what car the manager who had to car towed is driving

2. call a tow truck and say your car (his car) is broken down and needs a tow

4. ?????????

5. Profit
:laughing:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I was lost had to look up curly howard

d97h9657.jpg

over9five

Staff member
Three Stooges were great.

I remember wayyyyyyy back, maybe as a young teen I had an operation, and when I got home Mom got me to the couch and that's what I watched.
Newly stitched up and watching the Three Stooges was NOT the way to go...
I was laughing so hard, at the same time in intense pain the laughing making it so much worse, but unable to get up to change the channel. (No remote back then!).

I lived, unbelievably no stitches ripped out, I was sure they would !

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Three Stooges were great.

I remember wayyyyyyy back, maybe as a young teen I had an operation, and when I got home Mom got me to the couch and that's what I watched.
Newly stitched up and watching the Three Stooges was NOT the way to go...
I was laughing so hard, at the same time in intense pain the laughing making it so much worse, but unable to get up to change the channel. (No remote back then!).

I lived, unbelievably no stitches ripped out, I was sure they would !

And this has what to do with OP's problem?:wink2: j/k

I was telling my kids about old TV's, no remotes and black and white, the other day.

Dutch Dawg

Has any recent topic generated this much interest in such a short time frame?

To me it's interesting, how many initially are suggesting a course of litigation to resolve this issue in this early of it's stage.

Unless one is looking to make this out to be more adversarial than it already is, one should approach the building's management in a civil manner with a factual assessment of the damage incurred as a result of this unfortunate misunderstanding. Give them the opportunity to right their wrong. Only then if necessary after seeking solution by this means and thru the union, if the results are unsatisifactory seek litigation as a last resort. Why?....Because that will be more drawn out, more costly in time & $ than you ever envisioned and likely finite. Justice isn't always served to those most deserving, but often to those best represented.

P

pickup

And this has what to do with OP's problem?:wink2: j/k

I was telling my kids about old TV's, no remotes and black and white, the other day.

and no cable. in ny , you had the big three , 2 -cbs ,4-nbc, 7-abc, 3indies- 5,9,11 (Ihad a crush on carole from magical garden) and pbs 13. All these are still the functioning channels but the independents are pretty much corporate(no more mighty joe young and king kong on thanksgiving)

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Has any recent topic generated this much interest in such a short time frame?

To me it's interesting, how many initially are suggesting a course of litigation to resolve this issue in this early of it's stage.

Unless one is looking to make this out to be more adversarial than it already is, one should approach the building's management in a civil manner with a factual assessment of the damage incurred as a result of this unfortunate misunderstanding. Give them the opportunity to right their wrong. Only then if necessary after seeking solution by this means and thru the union, if the results are unsatisifactory seek litigation as a last resort. Why?....Because that will be more drawn out, more costly in time & $ than you ever envisioned and likely finite. Justice isn't always served to those most deserving, but often to those best represented.

Very good point, bagman.

and no cable. in ny , you had the big three , 2 -cbs ,4-nbc, 7-abc, 3indies- 5,9,11 (Ihad a crush on carole from magical garden) and pbs 13. All these are still the functioning channels but the independents are pretty much corporate(no more mighty joe young and king kong on thanksgiving)

You and I must be the exact same age. I loved Thanksgiving day TV. March of the Wooden soldiers, King Kong versus Godzilla, etc. And no cable, just those exact channels. You bring back so many memories, thanks pickup!:happy2:

P

pickup

You and I must be the exact same age. I loved Thanksgiving day TV. March of the Wooden soldiers, King Kong versus Godzilla, etc. And no cable, just those exact channels. You bring back so many memories, thanks pickup!:happy2:

Yeah, we are maybe 2 years apart. I'll give you one more memory and then I will give it a rest. This one is a doozy because it will cause you to access quite a number of associated memories because you were exposed to this for years. Hope I hit the mark .
ABC 4:30 MOVIE

Just seeing this takes me back over 30 years to a more innocent time. No oprah, only one news hour followed after this (Roger Grimsby, Bill Beutel) then national news. Then no news until 11:00. Dear God, where did the time go?