UPS Uprising at Local 952!

LagunaBrown

I keep hearing you repeat what you heard someplace, but for the life of me, I cant figure out how you equate doing "precinct walks" for politicians not affiliated with the local helps you run a local? Politicians come all the time to the locals asking for election help, and "precinct walks" are nothing more than legwork for candidates for mayor, city council, congress, assembly etc etc. This waste of time does NOTHING to prepare a union candidate for office. "precinct walks" are merely "favors" for politicians in order to secure more favorable votes later down the road.

Local 396 did precinct walks for Villaraigosa, and look how well that worked out for the teamsters, he screwed the workers.

Precinct walks have no value to running a local. Any idiot ( and im sure 952 article 16'd you out to do some) can go door to door handing out flyers. Usually, the local finds the lowest guy on the totem pole for such things and then spends union dues paying the idiot to do them. If anyone doesnt understand, the local uses article 16 to remove a worker from payroll for union business, then pays that employee his daily earnings out of union dues for the day. If anyone wanted to know where 952 was wasting money, it was on Laguna Brown doing precinct walks on YOUR DIMES.

Organizing is also something that does not help in running a local. Organizing is what "maintains" a locals growth. There are Organizers at each local who perform these tasks and candidates need not worry about such things when campaigning for office.

YOU on the other hand, are so desperate to be a part of the local, you would wash the locals cars with your tongue if it got you a union jacket.

You talk crap, but then again, you hear crap. You like the status quo at 952 because it suits you just fine. They told you they have a "carve out" done, yet, 396,952,63 & 104 all say it will be WEEKS before anything is finalized.

They have nothing to show you, but you believe and you got a Tshirt and got to hand out donuts so you are sold. Hopefully, PK doesnt make any sharp turns or you may hurt your neck.

Peace

TOS

Don't lose too much sleep over me and my local...... I don't over you.

LagunaBrown

I keep hearing you repeat what you heard someplace, but for the life of me, I cant figure out how you equate doing "precinct walks" for politicians not affiliated with the local helps you run a local? Politicians come all the time to the locals asking for election help, and "precinct walks" are nothing more than legwork for candidates for mayor, city council, congress, assembly etc etc. This waste of time does NOTHING to prepare a union candidate for office. "precinct walks" are merely "favors" for politicians in order to secure more favorable votes later down the road. Local 396 did precinct walks for Villaraigosa, and look how well that worked out for the teamsters, he screwed the workers. Precinct walks have no value to running a local. Any idiot ( and im sure 952 article 16'd you out to do some) can go door to door handing out flyers. Usually, the local finds the lowest guy on the totem pole for such things and then spends union dues paying the idiot to do them. If anyone doesnt understand, the local uses article 16 to remove a worker from payroll for union business, then pays that employee his daily earnings out of union dues for the day. If anyone wanted to know where 952 was wasting money, it was on Laguna Brown doing precinct walks on YOUR DIMES. Organizing is also something that does not help in running a local. Organizing is what "maintains" a locals growth. There are Organizers at each local who perform these tasks and candidates need not worry about such things when campaigning for office. YOU on the other hand, are so desperate to be a part of the local, you would wash the locals cars with your tongue if it got you a union jacket. You talk crap, but then again, you hear crap. You like the status quo at 952 because it suits you just fine. They told you they have a "carve out" done, yet, 396,952,63 & 104 all say it will be WEEKS before anything is finalized. They have nothing to show you, but you believe and you got a Tshirt and got to hand out donuts so you are sold. Hopefully, PK doesnt make any sharp turns or you may hurt your neck. Peace TOS

Kelly-Metcalfe slate 854 Bring back the teamster slate 474 reform losers 342

Once again TOS and his puppy dog Realbrown1 get owned!!! Why anyone would take advise from them? 342 vote is less that last election! Ha Ha ha!

Inthegame

Once again TOS and his puppy dog Realbrown1 get owned!!! Why anyone would take advise from them? 342 vote is less that last election! Ha Ha ha!
Congrats. Good news for L952 and the real Teamster leader Patrick K!

I found out recently that realbrown1 and the other side were dating.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Using the numbers that were posted... the local shows that it is split.

Kelly 854 vs both slates 816

Pretty close considering that if these slates would have combined as many asked them to, they probably would have beat Kelly. Splitting the desention vote is never a good idea. Somehow, slates just dont understand politics.

Only 38 votes separated Kelly from the opposition.

What is the real problem is the lack of voting members. Kelly better wake up and understand that 38 votes is only a fraction away from defeat should the opposition slates in 952 ever manage to combine into one formidable slate.

I have not seen the final results, but when they are available I will analyze them at that point.

Peace

TOS

LagunaBrown

Shouldn't you be out campaigning and licking D's boots? LOL, I love how you think you have a chance, and I can't wait to see if you can beat the 22% of the votes from the last election.

Ha Ha Ha!!!!! I love it! 20% of the votes this time. realbrown1 since you are so serious about union politics will I see you at the next General membership meeting? We get to see if your all mouth or if you really care about making our great union better. Will you be involved the next 3 years or are you gonna pull this reformer crap again? The election is over and time to build bridges and I hope you help us this time around before you judge.

LagunaBrown

Pretty close considering that if these slates would have combined as many asked them to, they probably would have beat Kelly. Splitting the desention vote is never a good idea. Somehow, slates just dont understand politics.

What is the real problem is the lack of voting members. Kelly better wake up and understand that 38 votes is only a fraction away from defeat should the opposition slates in 952 ever manage to combine into one formidable slate.

I have not seen the final results, but when they are available I will analyze them at that point.

Peace

TOS

Seriously you gonna add slates together to try and try to sound smart? Don't You think they thought of that already genius? Nobody wants to team up with the ignorant reformers..........You better wake up and worry about yourself brother... I can't wat to see your loud mouth campaign against the local and get an ass kicking from Ron's slate.

Last edited:

Inthegame

Peace

TOS
TOS, what are you planning to do when and if a whacked out third slate announces in your race? Join with them and chance allowing fools attain office? Better off running your own slate and losing at that point than destroying the local.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Seriously you gonna add slates together to try and try to sound smart? Don't You think they thought of that already genius? Nobody wants to team up with the ignorant reformers..........You better wake up and worry about yourself brother... I can't wat to see your loud mouth campaign against the local and get an ass kicking from Ron's slate.

Its about the "math". What i am suggesting, is that the slates that opposed Kelly, had a combined tally of 816 votes from the MEMBERS, and that shows that the LOCAL is divided and NOT UNIFIED for Kelly.

What is it about the "MATH" you dont understand?

The fact that several slates ran tells you that the membership in local 952 was looking for change and unfortunately, they stole from each other. I had a chance to speak to one of the slates beforehand to suggest a "coming together" but like the rest of you that dont understand how elections are won or lost, they chose to run separately.

In local 396, there will NOT be a third or fourth slate running against either Ron or Jay if he is dumb enough to run on his own next year. This I can assure you. These conversations have already taken place and all the players know whats at stake.

You see, we in local 396 understand "MATH" and its implications.

Kelly won the election and that is that, but the local continues to be divided and that isnt good for the membership. The members will now have to move forward and learn their collective lessons from the election for the next one, if their is one, and the the local isnt placed into BK or Trusteeship.

Peace

TOS

Inthegame

IWhat is it about the "MATH" you dont understand?

The fact that several slates ran tells you that the membership in local 952 was looking for change and unfortunately, they stole from each other.

In local 396, there will NOT be a third or fourth slate running against either Ron or Jay if he is dumb enough to run on his own next year.

You see, we in local 396 understand "MATH" and its implications.

Peace

TOS
No one stole anything from each other. As far as math goes, Kelly got his votes and would have gotten them with opposition combined or separate. Kelly got enough votes to beat a combined group, supposing the combined group would get every vote the separate slates received, which would not happen.

Don't be so certain a third or fourth slate doesn't spring up in L396. Ron H. understands math and elections and how to win them.

No one stole anything from each other. As far as math goes, Kelly got his votes and would have gotten them with opposition combined or separate. Kelly got enough votes to beat a combined group, supposing the combined group would get every vote the separate slates received, which would not happen.

Don't be so certain a third or fourth slate doesn't spring up in L396. Ron H. understands math and elections and how to win them.
Id vote for Ron H