Ups wants to go back to the table

Daf

“We are disappointed the small package and freight tentative agreements were not ratified, as well as the supplemental agreements that cover our local workers," UPS said in a statement. "The Teamsters’ negotiating committee and UPS developed fair agreements that reward UPS employees for their contributions to the company’s success, including improved wages, benefits and job creation. A contract extension is in place, and UPS expects to operate on a business-as-usual basis. UPS will meet with Teamsters leadership in the near future to discuss next steps.”
This statement was likely made before DT announced that we didn’t reach 2/3 and it would be ratified.

Superteeth2478

The issue is Hoffa says he has to impose the contract because it was the final offer.

But the company releases a statement saying they're going to renegotiate another offer.... Interesting use of the word final
THIS PRECISELY. Even UPS didn't consider it a final offer. I realize now that it must be because they didn't understand the meaning of "final" as it applies as per Article XII, but even so, that means that the proposal put to the members to vote on wasn't a final offer either, just deemed as such by the union. Which is apparently okay because it's up to the president to interpret the constitution. Which means we're still screwed anyways.

Superteeth2478

It’s all window dressing now, don’t expect real changes
The only thing I could think of was the tenuous evidence of collusion if Taylor "attempts" to negotiate further with UPS and UPS absolutely does not bend from the ratified agreement. This could possibly be considered collusion because UPS initially thought the offer was voted down and rejected and was absolutely willing to return to the table to negotiate further.

Superteeth2478

This statement was likely made before DT announced that we didn’t reach 2/3 and it would be ratified.
I just find it hard to believe that UPS didn't know that the IBT Constitution required a 2/3 vote or at least 50% turnout and 50% plus 1 to reject the final offer. The voting numbers were released as well, so there was no ignorance of that.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Great ups goes back to the table and everyone gets a beater tenative agreement besides southern region bc we voted yes wtfff I’m moving.
How you guys are almost all RTW yet everyone that's eligible keeps voting thru your trash supplement is amazing to me.

Over disciplined0123

“We are disappointed the small package and freight tentative agreements were not ratified, as well as the supplemental agreements that cover our local workers," UPS said in a statement. "The Teamsters’ negotiating committee and UPS developed fair agreements that reward UPS employees for their contributions to the company’s success, including improved wages, benefits and job creation. A contract extension is in place, and UPS expects to operate on a business-as-usual basis. UPS will meet with Teamsters leadership in the near future to discuss next steps.”
Sounds like teamsters don’t give a :censored2: and are sticking with this (Best Contract in History) even against members wishes.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I just find it hard to believe that UPS didn't know that the IBT Constitution required a 2/3 vote or at least 50% turnout and 50% plus 1 to reject the final offer. The voting numbers were released as well, so there was no ignorance of that.

They did.

But they did not know when, or if, Hoffa was going to invoke the Constitution, so they needed to go into damage control right away to calm their shippers down.