UPS: tentative agreements were not ratified

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by 35years, Oct 5, 2018.

1. You be shocked how many full timers didn’t vote

2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

No I wouldn't. Most are new or don't feel like their vote matters. Mostly higher seniority FT and PT are regular voters and try to stay informed. There also is a lot of misinformation out there.

3. just chillin'

just chillin' Rest in peace wooba

Probly 50% of them. Not shocked at all. I’ve been around awhile. This is the best worst total turnout we ever had

4. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I too was amazed at the high voter turn out. I expected high 30%.

5. 12yrs for me part time sorter and I can say that good chunk of full timers aren’t even in the union

6. At my local it takes 10 or so year to go full time unless you win a driver position

7. Shift 2

Shift 2 Member

Where in the contract does it allow part time feeder drivers

8. Grey

Grey Active Member

When is the last day to vote?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Last Friday

10. LagunaBrown

LagunaBrown Well-Known Member

0B278015-784E-4BDF-ADD9-347E7454E638.jpeg

:drinkntypesmili1: LOL.

11. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

That’s all he’s got. He never has a counter argument

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  12. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

I seem to remember getting a "creative" or two from you with no follow up. I'd be more than happy to have you show me where I'm wrong. I have zero problems admitting it, and usually thank people who take the time to straighten me out.

13. LagunaBrown

I’ll straighten you out alright but first re read the posts and take a second to realize it was not you we are talking about. LOL!

14. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking to or about you, just calling out @1989 for his hypocrisy, which he's proven again.

15. Griffin1820

Griffin1820 File! File! File!

Unfortunately I believe the constitution does have some defining language about a final offer being an agreement that was put to a vote. I may be wrong.

16. East coast navy

East coast navy Veteran

I totally agree! This is making it so easy for Sean the next election. Maybe sooner then we think!

17. East coast navy

East coast navy Veteran

You would be shocked how many did...

260,000 full time members.

209,000 were good standing. (Who do you think wasn’t good standing)

We as the full timers are out numbered by the part timers.

Do the math. I say the part timers were the big reason we couldn’t go over the 50% member vote.

18. LagunaBrown

They normally don’t vote, you are probably right.

19. DELACROIX

DELACROIX In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

The good news about this would be that the company will go back to business and start terminating some of these newbie part timers that they barely tolerated over the last three months for the sake of getting the numbers to pass this contract.

This contract will not be ratified for a long, long time just how many of these kids are going to be hanging around for 11 or 12 bucks an hour for that kind of commitment and work when the starting hourly wage in other places is over 15.

Our potential part time replacements will be like the line in that Cher song (Gypsies, tramps and thieves).

20. wilberforce15

wilberforce15 Active Member

Maybe instead of factoring them out and pretending they don't exist, give them a decent job, treat them like brothers in the union, and then watch them vote and participate at the same rate as everyone else.

Nah, screw em and stop counting them.Thats easier.